2 weapons changes for your consideration

2 things I would ask the Devs to consider.

1. Can we please tweak the ECMs so that they can not disable a pulsar that is already firing? The advantage they have over Guards with this not so new change is really frustrating in the higher Tiers.

1. The Destructor for the guard as you know by now has the ability to spam capture prevention on beacons in PvP beacon capture. With the right setup and modules pilots around 6000 kilometers away are preventing the capture of a beacon that they should not be blocking. It is not a bad weapon but, this aspect of its use seems to borderline on abusing game mechanics.

Thank You for your time.

I fully agree to point one, but on point two, if they are defending the beacon, they are not defending themselves, and if they defend themselves, they aren’t defending the beacon. ^^

I disagree with both points.

1.) If the guard had positioned well enough then the ECM would have used its stuns on someone else. A guard must be a smart pilot or suffer the consequences. Going of on a tangent here, for a new player the Guard is one of the most confusing ships to use. Its special module is hard to understand if you don’t get resistance mechanics.

2.) Or… You could kill the guard.

I will poop on all of your suggestions. Poop, poop, poop. Does Razka still play?

I fully agree to point one, but on point two, if they are defending the beacon, they are not defending themselves, and if they defend themselves, they aren’t defending the beacon. ^^

II wouldn’t mind if they were at the beacon but that is not what people are doing. They are parking 6000 out from the beacon on their spawn side and spamming the beacon. So they are really not defending themselves or the beacon from a position standpoint. I will grant you that if they are spamming the beacon then yes, they are leaving themselves open for attack.

I disagree with your first point, but partially agree with the second.

I used to be under the mindset that ECM’s are OP, but through time and experience, I have learned that they aren’t really. The energy absorber used to be slightly OP, but with its semi-recent nerf it was balanced. Stuns disabling pulsar and heals is fine. If you don’t like those things getting turned off, don’t activate them when an ECM is near, or only activate one at a time.

On the note of the destructor, it is fairly OP, especially when there is more than one guard on a team using it. A 700m radius is too high when it has the capability to do the AOE damage from hitting a beacon (something that isn’t listed in the weapon description).

I see 2 ways to balance the destructor:

1. Decrease the AOE radius to 600ish meters. This way people actually have a semi-decent chance to cap a beacon that is under the effect of a destructor.

2. Remove the ability to deal AOE damage from hitting a beacon, but increase the radius to 750 or 800. This way the destructor can still defend beacons by shooting at the ship that is capping it, but shooting at the beacon itself won’t work (shooting at anything with a damage counter will do AOE damage).

I disagree with your first point, but partially agree with the second.

I used to be under the mindset that ECM’s are OP, but through time and experience, I have learned that they aren’t really. The energy absorber used to be slightly OP, but with its semi-recent nerf it was balanced. Stuns disabling pulsar and heals is fine. If you don’t like those things getting turned off, don’t activate them when an ECM is near, or only activate one at a time.

On the note of the destructor, it is fairly OP, especially when there is more than one guard on a team using it. A 700m radius is too high when it has the capability to do the AOE damage from hitting a beacon (something that isn’t listed in the weapon description).

I see 2 ways to balance the destructor:

1. Decrease the AOE radius to 600ish meters. This way people actually have a semi-decent chance to cap a beacon that is under the effect of a destructor.

2. Remove the ability to deal AOE damage from hitting a beacon, but increase the radius to 750 or 800. This way the destructor can still defend beacons by shooting at the ship that is capping it, but shooting at the beacon itself won’t work (shooting at anything with a damage counter will do AOE damage).

I like your second idea for the destructor. I think it merits some attention by the Devs. Since beacons are non-destructable elements I would think the code would not be that difficult. You could just cancel their area effect on beacon class objects. That way they would still work on empty space, asteroids, structures etc.

As for the ECMs, you cant activate anything one at a time if they have you shut down completely. On that we will just have to disagree agreeably.

The destructor would be balanced when the AoE radious is nerfed to at least 600 m. 500 will be good, but I can give you 600. It will make beacon games (specially beacon hunt games) playable again.

The destructor would be balanced when the AoE radious is nerfed to at least 600 m. 500 will be good, but I can give you 600. It will make beacon games (specially beacon hunt games) playable again.

Or you can just play smart and fly away, or take care of the guard who is too focused with fiddling around trying to defend one beacon.

Heck, I tried spamming destructor on beacons, and trust me, the recharge rate of the missile slot is absolutely slow and leaves one open to attack if you plan on just sitting there attempting to defend a beacon.

Or you can just play smart and fly away, or take care of the guard who is too focused with fiddling around trying to defend one beacon.

Heck, I tried spamming destructor on beacons, and trust me, the recharge rate of the missile slot is absolutely slow and leaves one open to attack if you plan on just sitting there attempting to defend a beacon.

We are not talking about the same thing. You are talking about the anomaly generator. I’m talking about the Destructor, an AOE weapon in TIer 4-5 guards.

Ever heard of a frigball?

Ever heard of a frigball?

Nobody tries to frigball with a guard “destructor camping” a beacon.

That’s not how frigballs work (as far as I am concerned for the random-assembled dynamic frigballs which usually fall apart quickly)

I guess that could be an even easier fix. Decrease the AoE to below the capture radius.

At the same time I think increasing beacon capture radius is not a good idea.

Nobody tries to frigball with a guard “destructor camping” a beacon.

That’s not how frigballs work (as far as I am concerned for the random-assembled dynamic frigballs which usually fall apart quickly)

You say this, but I don’t believe you.

You say this, but I don’t believe you.

Hopping back into t3 battles, I hardly see destructor guards camping beacons.

Instead I see destructor guards camping LRFs who either have really low resistances or are too heavily damaged to shrug off the hits.

Instead I see destructor guards camping LRFs who either have really low resistances or are too heavily damaged to shrug off the hits.

This sentence is very odd, considering how Destructor does not exist in T3 as an entity.

Really.

Really.

Yes really.

Yes really.

This sentence is very odd, considering how Destructor does not exist in T3 as an entity.

You are still confused about the weapon. The destructor is a tier 4 and tier 5 only guard weapon.

What you are talking about is the anomaly generator. Which is a missile slot ammo.

You are still confused about the weapon. The destructor is a tier 4 and tier 5 only guard weapon.

What you are talking about is the anomaly generator. Which is a missile slot ammo.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Destructor is still not OP outside of PvE with those ECM Killsquads.