The WolfPack [WPK]

Evil you seem like you’d be a good leader.

I particularly like the terms, and that they mean most people would have RL obligations so it wouldn`t be the end of the world if I missed a few days.

Like one of the posters above, Im not really a TS user, although I have it.  The home setup isnt conducive to me doing a lot of talking since my wife watches TV (which I do not) while I play games and surf the net on my laptop.  I would almost certainly have my mic on mute most of the time, except Saturday and Sunday mornings.

If Dell will let me actually buy it I have an Alienware17 on order so by the end of July I should soon be able to see me fail in glorious high res.  Theyve cancelled the order three times, but I see from some digging thats a problem people have been having for years with Dell, getting money stuck in escrow on credit cards and paypal…  Latest order reactivation today.  Well see what happens.  I have my eye on an Asus GX with comparable specs if the other one doesnt show up.

FYI I just started playing Star Conflict, but used to be a Freespace2 hack.  Theres more stuff to bump into in Star Conflict but the game mechanics are surprisingly similar.  Other than that Ive been gaming since BBSs introduced the world to 300baud connections in the late 1980s (people complain about lag now…they have no idea).

Sometimes I miss the golden age of the MUD.  Sometimes.  And then I play games like this.

Evil you seem like you’d be a good leader.

Watch it or my ego will grow so large that I no longer fit in my spaceship. Or that might just be the sweet rolls the guys from NASA got us hooked on. It’s a conspiracy I tell you.

I particularly like the terms, and that they mean most people would have RL obligations so it wouldn`t be the end of the world if I missed a few days

No issue whatsoever. We’re happy to have 2-3 active squads every night for prolonged periods of time. We have an active squad -almost- around the clock, with a small gap during which even Wolves need a nap. Not everyone can be around all the time - as long as they put their best effort in when they are around and actively participate on the forums, teamspeak, yadi. Immerse yourself into the corp and you’ll have 0 issues.

Like one of the posters above, Im not really a TS user, although I have it. The home setup isnt conducive to me doing a lot of talking since my wife watches TV (which I do not) while I play games and surf the net on my laptop. I would almost certainly have my mic on mute most of the time, except Saturday and Sunday mornings.

You’re not alone there mate - we feel ya. As long as you can hear us - that’s the most important part. Though at times you might wish you couldn’t. :slight_smile:

As for the rest, ah. Nostalgia. You come to the right place, we’re a bunch of old farts with similar sentiments. Next time you’re in-game, look up Napdar (tiggery21 on the forums) and granny wolf will sort ya out with a squad to fly a few matches with.

Our recruitment process involves getting stuck in before you’re even invited to the corp - though that follows pretty quickly after (usually after a couple of matches) That way we ensure people active have Teamspeak, register on the corp forums etc. and we don’t have to chase them later on.

Check this out for more info:

http://starconflict.co.uk/the-wolfpack/membership-application/

Please do actively look for an officer, we get more applications than we can shake a fist at - and a lot of them are virtually impossible to get in touch with or make no effort. In many ways, seeing if people actually bother chasing things up is part of the vetting process. We prefer people who want to be a member, not just ones who come along for a free ride :slight_smile:

Our application process has changed - this is reflected on our corporation website.

You will also be expected to perform at a reasonable standard if applying for membership moving forward. We’re not looking for you to compete at the top-end of the corporation, but we’re looking for people with potential to get there in the future. As we get nearer our limit, this gets more and more important.

We’d like to think we have a few squads of pretty talented players who put up a pretty good fight if you encounter them and we want to build on this foundation :slight_smile:

We might indulge in a corporation skirmish this weekend, stay tuned :smiley:

Still going strong and slowly creeping up the leaderboards.

We have active squads flying almost around the clock - with peak times hitting 4-5 active squads simultaneously. We have picked up a number of incredibly talented pilots and nurtured the talent of others (and will continue to do so). Above all: we’re having an absolutely great time - anyone with a weak bladder should probably not join our Teamspeak :slight_smile: We do have a number of members who are certified crazy.

I’m really proud at what we’re building here and want to thank all WPK members for their dedication, activity and input the past weeks. I couldn’t wish for a more awesome group of people to fly with.

Big shout-out also to people outside the corporation who have shown both support and friendship on the forums, in squads and on our Teamspeak.

I would name you all but am afraid I would forget someone so _ you know who you are _.

I couldn’t wish for a more awesome group of people to fly with.

it’s because of the stickers!

Updated the OP to reflect recent changes to our process.

We have roughly 10 spots left with around 5 people under active evaluation. Once we’re full - we’re full so if you’re a skilled, competitive player looking to have a good time - don’t hesitate.

If your name is Chris - you’re chances of joining pretty much instantly triple. (Inside joke, we have more people called Chris than we can handle. It’s almost tempting to sign up a tournament team called THE CHRIS COLLECTIVE)

Can I be an honorary ambassador for your corp and NASA? I love rolling with you guys from time to time, even if you are mostly T2. 

I bring you gifts. Sweet rolls laced with caramel, with snicker doodles on the side. 

We wouldn’t have it any other way JP :wink:

We’re actually flying a fair bit of T3 recently - most of us have full access to T3 (and some T4) now, you’ll see us around :slight_smile:

Plus, half of the teams we fly against in T2 are T3 anyway, go match making :stuck_out_tongue:

I bring you gifts. Sweet rolls laced with caramel, with snicker doodles on the side. 

I have a cat named Snicker Doodle… did you bake my cat???

No…not yet.

Here kitty kitty! 

No…not yet.

Here kitty kitty! 

:fed008: :excl:

Rofl. 

You absolutely _ must _ tell us how on earth you decided to call your cat Snicker Doodle.

Family tradition. We have a habit of taking in stray cats and cats that animal shelters are about to put down. The first cat my mother owned was named Muffin, followed my Peppermint, Snicker Doodle, Reuban, Brownie, Cupcake and Crispy.

I used to have a cat which came from a shelter as well - it’s the only way to go when getting one tbh. :slight_smile:

Almost worth starting your own naming convention there - a bit like Android perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:

Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean.

Damn now you’ve given me an idea.  :lol:

Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean.

Damn now you’ve given me an idea.  :lol:

If you do that on the forums, I’m leaving. <.<

I really don’t want to be called cupcake.

If you do that on the forums, I’m leaving. <.<

I really don’t want to be called cupcake.

So apparently my cat is now named Oryngton and apparently it has learned how to turn on my PC and make forum posts.

I’m somewhat scared as it has always had that ‘I want to take over the world and kill all humans’ look in its eyes.

Damn straight I did. All you humans are gonna burn.

Growing up, we went for a different approach.  We got a dog, didn’t know what to name her.  Her name was Girl.  The next dog we had the same problem.  Calling him Boy seemed obvious so we went with Chewie.

You should have gone with Girl -> Boy -> We’re Not Sure

Or just “It”

“‘Tribes of barbarians’ from The NASA held sectors of space are massing on our borders, Lord EvilTacT, sir!”

wuzzuh huh?

“Incoming message!”

SALUTATIONS, PEASANTS.

THE NASA HAS INTERCEPTED EVILTACTICIAN’S DEEP SPACE TWITCH TRANSMISSIONS.

UPON LITTLE REVIEW, THE NASA HAS DECIDED TO MAKE INNOCENT FUN

HORRIBLY PERSONAL.

PREPARE YOUR xxxx, EVIL TACTICIAN, FOR SOME TACTICAL WIZARDRY.

HA HA HA HA HA

THAT SENTENCE IS xxxx HILARIOUS.

DISPATCH DICTACTED BUT NOT READ BY:

SPACE COMMODORE DR. E L “THE MUSTACHE” MUSTACHO

HA HA HA HA HA–

“Sir, the laughter…it goes on for several more pages. How should we respond!?”