[SYNERGY] How to rank up on the synergy system.

Due to the fact that many players keep asking about how to achieve higher ranks now, we decided to give some short explanation. With the new system you get the following types of synergy:

• Current Synergy (Synergy bound to the ship)
  • Free Synergy (can be used on any ship)

post-12279-0-11438100-1375456721.jpg

Current Synergy

This type of synergy can only be used on that type of ship you achieved it on.

Once this ship reaches its max level you will still earn Current Synergy, but you will be able to convert the extra synergy to Free Synergy.

Free Synergy

This type of synergy can be used on any ship that did not reach max level yet.

How to achieve a higher rank in a faction

Now you gain a higher rank by buying a ship of the next rank. For example you are rank 3 in Jericho, you need to buy a rank 4 Jericho ship. In order to buy the next higher ship you need to reach a certain synergy level on the previous ship.

post-12279-0-61251500-1375456720.jpg

In the lock you can see a “4”, which means that the Swift needs to be level 4 before you are able to buy the Swift-M.

Once you buy 1 rank 4 ship you will instantly be rank 4 in this faction.

Explain to me why I’m forced to play ships I dislike in order to get the one I like.

I want the Styx, an Empire T3 Engineer, and I have to synergize to level 6 a lot of Long Ranges. Actually I’m not enjoying the game, and the purpose of a game is make users to enjoy it. I hate that, and in order to get the ship I want to fly I have to suffer with boring and useless Long Ranges I dislike. And making me pay to transfer synergy is not a solution.

How in the hell is possitive to your game making your users suffer while playing?

Explain to me why I’m forced to play ships I dislike in order to get the one I like.

(…) Actually I’m not enjoying the game, and the purpose of a game is make users to enjoy it. I hate that, and in order to get the ship I want to fly I have to suffer with boring and useless Long Ranges I dislike. And making me pay to transfer synergy is not a solution.

^ Pretty much this.

We are still discussing the other issues.

Can you please explain how Synergy is related to battle performance?

Is it related to points? Is it related to kills/assists?

Can you please explain how Synergy is related to battle performance?

Is it related to points? Is it related to kills/assists?

I don’t think so, I’ll explain why:

One game I started with a Recon, Microwarp, instant crash.

So I chose my LR and I stay with the LR the whole game.

more or less: 1000 synergy for the Recon, 2000 with the LR, and I got a few kills and assists with the LR, while the Recon was in the game for 3-4 seconds then crash.

more or less: 1000 synergy for the Recon, 2000 with the LR, and I got a few kills and assists with the LR, while the Recon was in the game for 3-4 seconds then crash.

Lets start the easy way and consider you are with flying one ship through the whole battle. 

Also: Does wining/loosing have an influence on synergy? Is synergy-gain for all tiers the same?

I tried … even collected screenies flying the same ship and keeping as many variables constant … couldn’t do it lol

a single kill can vary from 240 synergy up to 820 points

spawning a ship and self destructing yourself can get you 129 synergy to 1200 points

assist numbers are more consistent but still does not tell all.

if stronger / weaker team wins bonus applies and synergy pool being distributed according to scoreboard rank (which looks very likely) then only a Dev can give a straight answer.

but i’ve resigned to the fact that varying synergy rewards is buggering up the game team-work wise as people are not spawning ships the team needs and games now looks utterly ridiculous. 

This used to be a team-work focused game required even among strangers. And now synergy progression is taking that out from public games.

Winning and losing have a big influence on points.

How much influence it has IDK

Why do they want 3000 standards for me to transfer the synergy from my premium ships?

Why do they want 3000 standards for me to transfer the synergy from my premium ships?

pay to grind less

pay again to grind less

FTFY

I believe Synergy gain is also influenced strongly by kills. 

I think the high synergy for just spawning the ship and instantly suiciding/dying is a bug (one that I abused a bit during synergy bonus weekend), but without an official explanation of how it is supposed to work we cannot really know. Anyway this trick only seems to work if you spawn another ship afterwards and gain some XP on that one for real. The other way around it does not work. Also just suiciding all of your ships gets you nothing.

Apart from that synergy seems linked to XP gain. That one is not the same as efficiency gain, but basically everything that gains you efficiency also gains you XP - you can see the details from your combat logs.

Due to the fact that many players keep asking about how to achieve higher ranks now, we decided to give some short explanation. With the new system you get the following types of synergy:

• Current Synergy (Synergy bound to the ship)
  • Free Synergy (can be used on any ship)

![attachicon.gif](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif)[Synergy.jpg](< base_url >/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6435)

Current Synergy

This type of synergy can only be used on that type of ship you achieved it on.

Once this ship reaches its max level you will still earn Current Synergy, but you will be able to convert the extra synergy to Free Synergy.

Free Synergy

This type of synergy can be used on any ship that did not reach max level yet.

How to achieve a higher rank in a faction

Now you gain a higher rank by buying a ship of the next rank. For example you are rank 3 in Jericho, you need to buy a rank 4 Jericho ship. In order to buy the next higher ship you need to reach a certain synergy level on the previous ship.

![attachicon.gif](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif)[Rank Up.jpg](< base_url >/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6434)

In the lock you can see a “4”, which means that the Swift needs to be level 4 before you are able to buy the Swift-M.

Once you buy 1 rank 4 ship you will instantly be rank 4 in this faction.

While I think we all appreciate the explanation, as most everyone else has already summed up, “Why are we being forced to play ships we have no desire to play?” Furthermore on that issue, why does Empire have to fly 3 damn LR Frigs to get to a T3 engi? Makes no sense. If you want people to understand the concept and gameplay of a LR frig, I am pretty sure they understand after being forced to play just one of them. They will either like it or hate it. Seeing as how the general consensus is that they hate it, why the hell are you forcing them?

1. Fix Synergy

2. Fix the ship trees

Stop making people pay Gold Standard to transfer Synergy from a Premium Ship! I can understand the concept on a Credit bought ship, but double charging on a Premium Ship? Give me a break. 

Who knows man…who knows. I’m currently being asked to shell out 5000 GS to free up Synergy on my Premium Ships, so I know the feels. 

While I think we all appreciate the explanation, as most everyone else has already summed up, “Why are we being forced to play ships we have no desire to play?” Furthermore on that issue, why does Empire have to fly 3 damn LR Frigs to get to a T3 engi? Makes no sense. If you want people to understand the concept and gameplay of a LR frig, I am pretty sure they understand after being forced to play just one of them. They will either like it or hate it. Seeing as how the general consensus is that they hate it, why the hell are you forcing them?

1. Fix Synergy

2. Fix the ship trees

Stop making people pay Gold Standard to transfer Synergy from a Premium Ship! I can understand the concept on a Credit bought ship, but double charging on a Premium Ship? Give me a break. 

Who knows man…who knows. I’m currently being asked to shell out 5000 GS to free up Synergy on my Premium Ships, so I know the feels. 

I know that feel bro, look at the first reply of this thread.

Apart from that synergy seems linked to XP gain. That one is not the same as efficiency gain, but basically everything that gains you efficiency also gains you XP - you can see the details from your combat logs.

Is it proportional?

If memory serves (and I am too lazy to open up the folder and check it myself :P) beacon caps are worth proportionally more than the synergy rewards relative to kills.

The whole idea of Synergy is terrible, and shows the Devs don’t play their own game.

The only way the Synergy system could feasibly work is if you made Elite Synergy transferable for free, or at worst for credits. NOT for Gold Standards.

The strength of the old system was that you could find your own way to progress, to the point where if you didn’t like any paths within a faction you could just advance using other faction’s ships! That is an excellent idea because it encourages forward movement, which in turn means more players higher up and thus a better gaming experience for everyone, free and paying alike. The more free players play the game, the more likely they are to invest money into the game.

But when you are hit from the offset by a system that makes it hard to advance, forces you to fly ships you don’t like and nickel-and-dimes you from the offset, you aren’t going to stick with the game. You’re going to get pissed off and leave.

Because these people get pissed off and leave, there are fewer people rising the ranks. This means stagnant game play higher up as matchmaking takes longer and people get bored and leave, making more players get bored and leave.

I am honestly dumbstruck this change was allowed to go live at all. I’m even more shocked they didn’t do anything to fix it this week.

Is it proportional?

If memory serves (and I am too lazy to open up the folder and check it myself :P) beacon caps are worth proportionally more than the synergy rewards relative to kills.

No, it’s not proportional or even linked to efficiency.

Examples PVP, efficiency rewards are fixed values but XP differs wildly:

23:37:01.861 CMBT | Xxcur1scoxX reward 85 experience for kill DeaserT
23:37:01.861 CMBT | Xxcur1scoxX reward 100 effective points for kill DeaserT
23:37:01.861 CMBT | Snib reward 79 experience for damage assist to kill DeaserT
23:37:01.861 CMBT | Snib reward 80 effective points for damage assist to kill DeaserT

23:37:55.273 CMBT | Snib reward 197 experience for kill falerok
23:37:55.273 CMBT | Snib reward 100 effective points for kill falerok
23:37:55.273 CMBT | Youngblood reward 189 experience for damage assist to kill falerok
23:37:55.273 CMBT | Youngblood reward 80 effective points for damage assist to kill falerok

Damage done plays a role, further differences seem to be linked to ship rank and maybe ship type:

23:40:39.749 CMBT | Killed Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 473.40; Weapon_Laser_Economic_T2_Mk2
23:40:39.749 CMBT | Assisted DobrijZmej assisted to Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 1277.71; Weapon_Railgun_Sniper_T3_Rare <debuff>
23:40:39.749 CMBT | Assisted maligant assisted to Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 780.51; Weapon_Railgun_Heavy_T2_Mk1 <debuff>
23:40:39.749 CMBT | Assisted XPROMETHEUSX assisted to Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 3306.97; Weapon_Plasmagun_Sniper_T2_Mk2
23:40:39.749 CMBT | Assisted Skye assisted to Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 0.00; <buff>
23:40:39.749 CMBT | Assisted Makguru assisted to Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 0.00; <debuff>
23:40:39.749 CMBT | Assisted Snib assisted to Scalia -> LodochniK; totalDamage 0.00; <buff>
23:40:39.765 CMBT | Scalia reward 100 experience for kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | Scalia reward 100 effective points for kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | DobrijZmej reward 87 experience for damage assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | DobrijZmej reward 80 effective points for damage assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | maligant reward 100 experience for damage assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | maligant reward 80 effective points for damage assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | XPROMETHEUSX reward 123 experience for damage assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | XPROMETHEUSX reward 80 effective points for damage assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.765 CMBT | Skye reward 24 experience for buff assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.766 CMBT | Skye reward 60 effective points for buff assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.766 CMBT | Makguru reward 19 experience for debuff assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.766 CMBT | Makguru reward 60 effective points for debuff assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.766 CMBT | Snib reward 19 experience for buff assist to kill LodochniK
23:40:39.766 CMBT | Snib reward 60 effective points for buff assist to kill LodochniK

Capping is strange as well. In this example I had solo capped in a guard to like 90%, then an engineer jumps in to help for the last 10% and gets nearly double the XP reward:

23:37:57.791 CMBT | Youngblood reward 810 experience for beacon capture
23:37:57.791 CMBT | Youngblood reward 300 effective points for beacon capture
23:37:57.791 CMBT | Snib reward 494 experience for beacon capture
23:37:57.791 CMBT | Snib reward 300 effective points for beacon capture

End of battle rewards are no less confusing:

23:37:57.808 CMBT | Youngblood reward 2730 experience for victory
23:37:57.808 CMBT | Youngblood reward 262 reputation for victory
23:37:57.808 CMBT | Youngblood reward 64360 credits for victory

23:37:57.808 CMBT | Snib reward 2070 experience for victory
23:37:57.808 CMBT | Snib reward 1515 reputation for victory
23:37:57.808 CMBT | Snib reward 69264 credits for victory

I had higher efficiency and thus more credits, yet he got more XP but I got massively more reputation (not that that matters anymore). I earned a total of 4848 synergy for that, but that does not go into the logs.

thanks for pulling the numbers… and that was my point earlier. XP reward for beacon caps are generally higher than that for kills. Yet kills give out more for synergy than beacon. I think to the tune of 10:1. Hence my doubt with re: to this

Snib, on 03 Aug 2013 - 04:45, said:[![snapback.png](< base_url >/public/style_images/master/snapback.png)](< base_url >/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=215354)

Apart from that synergy seems linked to XP gain.

As for XP difference between 2 players doing the same thing, it’s likely due to rank penalties trolling the lower tiers. for eg.

If your active faction rank is R13 and you played in a T2 match, your XP reward will be less than someone who is R5 playing in T2

or something along those lines