[SYNERGY] How to rank up on the synergy system.

Except for R15 none of the implants apply to lower rank ships anyway, so it a blanket penalty wouldn’t make much sense. Besides, you’d want advanced players trying out a new line of ships to advance faster I’d say, not slower.

They do take ship rank into account though. See the example below, same debuff on all, but first one is rank 4 engineer, second one rank 5 ECM, third one rank 6 engineer:

17:59:12.970 CMBT | Snib reward 19 experience for debuff assist to kill madcow
17:59:33.715 CMBT | Snib reward 25 experience for debuff assist to kill Phatman9331
18:00:04.673 CMBT | Snib reward 30 experience for debuff assist to kill regik

I was rank 6.

Oh btw, if the logs are complete then you do not get any XP for picking up or planting the bomb, only efficiency. Not sure if that matters for synergy.

The whole idea of Synergy is terrible, and shows the Devs don’t play their own game.

The only way the Synergy system could feasibly work is if you made Elite Synergy transferable for free, or at worst for credits. NOT for Gold Standards.

The strength of the old system was that you could find your own way to progress, to the point where if you didn’t like any paths within a faction you could just advance using other faction’s ships! That is an excellent idea because it encourages forward movement, which in turn means more players higher up and thus a better gaming experience for everyone, free and paying alike. The more free players play the game, the more likely they are to invest money into the game.

But when you are hit from the offset by a system that makes it hard to advance, forces you to fly ships you don’t like and nickel-and-dimes you from the offset, you aren’t going to stick with the game. You’re going to get pissed off and leave.

Because these people get pissed off and leave, there are fewer people rising the ranks. This means stagnant game play higher up as matchmaking takes longer and people get bored and leave, making more players get bored and leave.

I am honestly dumbstruck this change was allowed to go live at all. I’m even more shocked they didn’t do anything to fix it this week.

I honestly think they don’t have any idea what to do. I think the Dev’s feel that if they don’t charge Gold Standards to transfer synergy, then they lose money from people because they won’t purchase DLC packs and Gold Standards. The problem with that however is that once people realize that buying DLC packs provide no real net benefit and actual hinder your progression rather than help it, they stop buying packs and persuade others not to purchase as well. I  feel it would have been simple to do some of the following:

1. Allow Premium Ships to transfer Synergy for free and Credit Ships to transfer Synergy for Gold

2. Allow Premium Ships to transfer Synergy for Credits and allow Credit Ships to transfer Synergy for Gold

3. Allow Premium Ships to transfer Synergy for free up to their Tier of ships (so a T3 ship would be able transfer its Synergy to any other ship up to T3 and so on)

These are just some of my ideas. The fact that simple things like this were not implemented immediately given such an out-lash in the first few days and still in the week and a half it has been implemented tells me they are still thinking of ways to shaft us. The old “we are taking in all input and data and working on a solution” answer is just very tired now and tells me they did not really think about the lasting affects of this patch. Really sad too because despite what the Dev’s say about there being an increase in players, I disagree entirely. I am apart of the the Pirate Kings Corporation. Prior to this patch, this Corporation was number 3 on the Corp ranking list. They have now dropped to 10 and the CEO as well as most of the Officers have not logged in since the patch release (or shortly thereafter). Coincidence? I honestly think not, and most people in the Corp are certain they have abandoned ship due to the patch (those are the whispers anyway) and I doubt it is isolated to just this Corp.

I am willing to wait until the next patch to see what I do. I didn’t want to just stay stagnant if they are really hell bent on sticking with this Synergy business as I have already made a lot of progress and didn’t want to just presumptuously quit, but if they are just going to turn this game in to a nickel and dime operation, I won’t stick around. Shoot, I really want to buy one of the Pirate Packs and if this Synergy business is changed to make it ideal for someone to use Premium Ships, I certainly will. I want to show my support anyway I can, but only if the Dev’s are really listening to the feedback of their community. 

Can you please explain how Synergy is related to battle performance?

Is it related to points? Is it related to kills/assists?

The synergy per battle is currently influenced by:

• win/loss
  • kills/assists
  • objectives
  • medals

The whole idea of Synergy is terrible, and shows the Devs don’t play their own game.

The only way the Synergy system could feasibly work is if you made Elite Synergy transferable for free, or at worst for credits. NOT for Gold Standards.

The strength of the old system was that you could find your own way to progress, to the point where if you didn’t like any paths within a faction you could just advance using other faction’s ships! That is an excellent idea because it encourages forward movement, which in turn means more players higher up and thus a better gaming experience for everyone, free and paying alike. The more free players play the game, the more likely they are to invest money into the game.

But when you are hit from the offset by a system that makes it hard to advance, forces you to fly ships you don’t like and nickel-and-dimes you from the offset, you aren’t going to stick with the game. You’re going to get pissed off and leave.

Because these people get pissed off and leave, there are fewer people rising the ranks. This means stagnant game play higher up as matchmaking takes longer and people get bored and leave, making more players get bored and leave.

I am honestly dumbstruck this change was allowed to go live at all. I’m even more shocked they didn’t do anything to fix it this week.

The devs are playing and we are still discussing this situation.

• win/loss
  • kills/assists
  • objectives
  • medals

Final position on the scoreboard does not affect synergy ?

• win/loss
  • kills/assists
  • objectives
  • medals

The devs are playing and we are still discussing this situation.

tell the dev’s to try starting a new account and working their way through it for 20 hours

Final position on the scoreboard does not affect synergy ?

It is also affected by the total efficiency of your team.

It is also affected by the total efficiency of your team.

Ah. That explains why I get less Synergy when my own score is 3x higher than the rest of my team’s.

Ah. That explains why I get less Synergy when my own score is 3x higher than the rest of my team’s.

But then again, if you win a match, and your whole squad is in the top 4. Then you will get a hefty sum of synergy. 

I don’t know how it was before synergy since I started playing this game last weekend. I only found it by accident by specifically looking for a game that is space action. Maybe PR/Marketing should do a better job then there is no need for expensive GS and to trick people into spending more money to advance faster.

Anyway.

I know this is an older thread and not sure if everyone is still with the game. But I want to post my thoughts about synergy.

For someone that is new to this game (even if you have been playing games for decades incl. Wing Commander), synergy is a good way to force people to play the ship and learn it before you get to the next tier of the same class which has more modules or to get to another class of ship.

I agree the ship tree is in some situations frustrating if you want a certain class that you have to play through some other ships first. 

Premium ships are the way to cheat/trick your way up in ship rank, of course that costs you real money. That has it’s downside for the game play as players can use more advanced ships but sometimes end up in battles because of it that are way out of their league/skills.

If you don’t learn how to use a ship, you’ll never have fun with the game. It is way more fun to get more out of the ship you have than to have a really advanced ship you don’t have the skills to fully use it.

It is understandable that the developers need to get payed but how the GS are handled and how revenue is generated is not a player/customer friendly way.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

it’s 2015 and xxxx still haven’t changed.

as i predicted.

Wow nice necro

because xxxx hasn’t changed, yo

who wold have though

Explain to me why I’m forced to play ships I dislike in order to get the one I like.

I want the Styx, an Empire T3 Engineer, and I have to synergize to level 6 a lot of Long Ranges. Actually I’m not enjoying the game, and the purpose of a game is make users to enjoy it. I hate that, and in order to get the ship I want to fly I have to suffer with boring and useless Long Ranges I dislike. And making me pay to transfer synergy is not a solution.

How in the hell is possitive to your game making your users suffer while playing?

While I agree with you (as I almost always do).

I want to say this.

How many pilots tier rush and skip ship roles, when they shouldn’t.

For instance, just short of 3k battles. I would be willing to bet $50 that fewer than 50 of these I have been in a guard or a LRF.

I am a classic example of a tier rusher.

This kinda staves that off.

Course I just used free synergy to get to the Stryx, which is the best <T4 Eng.

I mean would I be a tier rusher if I skipped something as important as a whole ship role…

While I agree with you (as I almost always do).

I want to say this.

How many pilots tier rush and skip ship roles, when they shouldn’t.

For instance, just short of 3k battles. I would be willing to bet $50 that fewer than 50 of these I have been in a guard or a LRF.

I am a classic example of a tier rusher.

This kinda staves that off.

Course I just used free synergy to get to the Stryx, which is the best <T4 Eng.

I mean would I be a tier rusher if I skipped something as important as a whole ship role…

My point back in the day was why I should play LRF in order to unlock an Engineer. I didn’t wan to skip any role, just get my Styx to play as an engineer.

Nowdays that old problem is fixed since now you can play the T2 imperial engi (forgot name) to unlock the Styx.

My point back in the day was why I should play LRF in order to unlock an Engineer. I didn’t wan to skip any role, just get my Styx to play as an engineer.

Nowdays that old problem is fixed since now you can play the T2 imperial engi (forgot name) to unlock the Styx.

You still have to go through a couple LFRs to get to the imperial engineering.

Also, he T2 imperial engineer is the hydra 2, and I love it. Its built for coil mortars. 

Once I finally max synergy that, I will go for the styx and be AMAZING with 50000 survivability or something ridiculous.

Is it still this way? I cannot see how.

Sorry for the necro (of the necro) but its like every second thread here is OLD.

I like this game I stopped play along time ago because of the synergy system, I buy a ship but have to pay GS to rank up other ships I dont want to fly. 

Still the same after all this time guess this game will never really be great. My friends tried but wont play a cash grabing game like this, 100’s of other ways to do that dont force people to pay to rank. 

Sad part if I have tons of cash to burn just not going to spend it for no reason like that

Does buying a premium ship rank you up in the faction and let you bypass the “Requires 20 more ships”?

Yesm it ranks you up and you are getting faction rewards. As to the other question - no idea.