Gunship Bubble Turning?

Whenever I watch a good youtuber play a bubble gunship, after they fire their bubble they do like a turn/swivel/sideways move thing, then go back and shoot the target again. I have no idea what the heck is happening or is supposed to be happening. WHAT IS THIS??? ( I assume this is to throw off targeting, but with many weapons it’s not very effective so why?)

Can you please be more specific with the move? Most of the time bubblegunships try to not be predictable.

He’s probably referring to the optional keybindings for turning that many interceptor pilots are fond of mashing to evade fire while keeping their screen facing the enemy…

Sounds like a player with an agile ship. Could you please link us such a video and explain your point more detailled?

Is this what you’re talking about?

https://youtu.be/sllfELkGc2U?t=1m46s

He’s probably referring to the optional keybindings for turning that many interceptor pilots are fond of mashing to evade fire while keeping their screen facing the enemy…

What keybinds? I don’t use them I don’t think but it could be useful.

Most good fast ship pilots use a repeating sequence of moves that makes it near impossible to hit em but lets them still stay on target. Id also be interersted if one of them would be willing to share how they do it. A bubble ship is special since u can simply look around with the mouse and the nwhen weapon is reloaded go back on target, u dont have to stay in it.

Whenever I watch a good youtuber play a bubble gunship, after they fire their bubble they do like a turn/swivel/sideways move thing, then go back and shoot the target again. I have no idea what the heck is happening or is supposed to be happening. WHAT IS THIS??? ( I assume this is to throw off targeting, but with many weapons it’s not very effective so why?)

Try fitting 2 vernier engines, that is mandatory. Probably what you see is a Rotate with “q” or “e” combined with strafe and a simple mouse turn.

The alternate movement, I use it, is most useful on a frigate. Ofc it is also useful on ceptors, but actually using it too much makes your flightpath predictable, since you always turn with the same angle. So no, it is not about mashing, it is about using a mixture of both movement types.

Is this what you’re talking about?

https://youtu.be/sllfELkGc2U?t=1m46s

Yup! A lot of others do it to, like Aproxx and I think Eviscerador.

It just means he has extremely good maneuverability. Like Oregyen suggested, use 2 vernier engines and see where that gets you.

Another thing to try are the optional key bindings “Turn up” “Turn down” “Turn Left” and “Turn Right”

I’ve found these to be extremely useful on all my ships.

You have to take the downside of a weapon and use it.

Slow rate of fire means you have time to do standard dodges until the next shot is ready.

Keep in mind bubble gun you do not press & hold the key.

I will say since it requires skill to be a bubble ship, I don’t pilot one…

I have to rely on builds.

That spin you see near the end of the video is DEADLY. If you have ever see that coming towards you, get out of the way, because you’re about to get wrecked by bubbles. It is every good bubble pilot’s favorite move, and they can use it every 40 seconds. Likewise, if you see that move and it is not directed at you, I recommend going after it if you can because this is the gunship’s weak point. They strike hard and fast but crumble if they are caught afterwards. A good bubble pilot can be quite deadly without overdrive, but even the best can fall to a good tackler and ECM.

Yup! A lot of others do it to, like Aproxx and I think Eviscerador.

Doing this will throw the enemies lead target reticule on you off a little, making it harder for them to hit you (unless they use lasers)

i think what they do is basic ship mode with high sensitivity. that’s how i do it. 

That spin you see near the end of the video is DEADLY. If you have ever see that coming towards you, get out of the way, because you’re about to get wrecked by bubbles. It is every good bubble pilot’s favorite move, and they can use it every 40 seconds.

Is this applicable without the bubble gun? Or is it just mostly for bubblers?

Is this applicable without the bubble gun? Or is it just mostly for bubblers?

It is most deadly with bubbles, but any weapon can be more deadly because the ship is not only evading while maintaining control, but he is moving slower (though adaptive shields still are working) which gives the pilot more time to deal damage.

That spin you see near the end of the video is DEADLY. If you have ever see that coming towards you, get out of the way, because you’re about to get wrecked by bubbles. It is every good bubble pilot’s favorite move, and they can use it every 40 seconds. Likewise, if you see that move and it is not directed at you, I recommend going after it if you can because this is the gunship’s weak point. They strike hard and fast but crumble if they are caught afterwards. A good bubble pilot can be quite deadly without overdrive, but even the best can fall to a good tackler and ECM.

Everyone loves a good overdrive barrel roll. 'cept maybe the guys on the receiving end.

If you fly in circles you have infinite time to deal damage.

Heck I have lower turn radius so AOE weapons won’t auto hit on a smaller circle. Press shift on and off again, so projectile weapons hit less.

Stop piloting like a fighter jet. Pilot it like it is an RC airplane…

Gosh, I hate bots so much. Almost enough to play T5.

If you fly in circles you have infinite time to deal damage.

Heck I have lower turn radius so AOE weapons won’t auto hit on a smaller circle. Press shift on and off again, so projectile weapons hit less.

Stop piloting like a fighter jet. Pilot it like it is an RC airplane…

Gosh, I hate bots so much. Almost enough to play T5.

bots are removed from t3 idk about other tiers

bots are removed from t3 idk about other tiers

RIP to bots!