Gunship Bubble Turning?

That spin you see near the end of the video is DEADLY. If you have ever see that coming towards you, get out of the way, because you’re about to get wrecked by bubbles. It is every good bubble pilot’s favorite move, and they can use it every 40 seconds. Likewise, if you see that move and it is not directed at you, I recommend going after it if you can because this is the gunship’s weak point. They strike hard and fast but crumble if they are caught afterwards. A good bubble pilot can be quite deadly without overdrive, but even the best can fall to a good tackler and ECM.

What keys do you press for that?

What keys do you press for that?

It’s just a barrel roll. Roll in one direction (press q or e by default), and strafe in another (a or d). Typically you’ll want to strafe in the direction “outside” of the roll, so either q/d or e/a.

It’s just a barrel roll. Roll in one direction (press q or e by default), and strafe in another (a or d). Typically you’ll want to strafe in the direction “outside” of the roll, so either q/d or e/a.

Exactly. But if you are doing this with gunship, the best one in T3 to do it with is the Wolf-M. And make sure you’re using overdrive (special module) and aiming overcharge if you have it available. Then you use engine overcharge to escape if you need to, and combat reboot if you’re in deep behind lines. 

Exactly. But if you are doing this with gunship, the best one in T3 to do it with is the Wolf-M. And make sure you’re using overdrive (special module) and aiming overcharge if you have it available. Then you use engine overcharge to escape if you need to, and combat reboot if you’re in deep behind lines. 

yeah i’ll vouch for this. Engle’s wolf-m is very good. i still need to get that build. :D 

yeah i’ll vouch for this. Engle’s wolf-m is very good. i still need to get that build. :D 

:)

JGfPQjP.jpg?1

I actually had an Iridium Heatsink instead of the emergency barrier, but I switched because of torps and doomsdays.  The IHS is absolutely AMAZING because of the faster fire rate for overdrive, but I found that the ship, as tanky as it was, would still get destroyed by those weapons.  It is a nice cushion to have.  Mine will be fully upgraded soon, but it’s just to show.

eNKH8dt.jpg?1

89ndKR9.jpg?1

For the R6 implant, you can easily go to the fed implant.  I choose jericho because I normally have high ping, so the faster projectile speed seems to help.  Also, it’s only 25% base crit chance, so sometimes it’s better to just land the shots than hope for a crit.  That’s just from my experience with it, though.  I get crits 25% of the time with this build and 50% damage; that’s good enough for me since damage is so high anyways.  To be honest, though, I constantly switch back and forth with these implants depending on the servers I am getting.  If I get US, I use fed; EU/RU I use jeri.

My nukem rotates better than this…

How…I can’t get mine much above 90. Also, you’ll notice that I could get it higher with another vernier, but I have collision compensator, mostly to help with high ping games :stuck_out_tongue:

I see Collision Compensator’s as a dead weight on ones development, the longer you use it the longer you are preventing yourself from learning how to fly without them.

I am confident in flying interceptors under 200 ping and <2% packet loss, and all of my inties are pushing 200 rotation.

~130-150 rotation is fine for  <250 ping. And If there is a lag i can not cope with in mobile ship i will pick something like a guard/engi or hwy lazor fighter and still be effective for my team.

Collision Compensators mostly protect you from a head on collision, “slides” don’t do much dmg, especially if you compensate for them in last moment, but if you do a head on collision in Adaptive Ship, chances are you will get annihilated by your opponent within a second or 2 while you recover, regain your speed and adaptive effect back. On top of that since with CCs you have lower manoeuvrability on fairly fast ships, you even increase your chance of collisions.

I don’t put Galvanic on everything and everywhere (so as 9-1 implant)

Am I the only person using Aiming, CR, Hull Repair, Shield repair as GS actives layout?

I see Collision Compensator’s as a dead weight on ones development, the longer you use it the longer you are preventing yourself from learning how to fly without them.

I am confident in flying interceptors under 200 ping and <2% packet loss, and all of my inties are pushing 200 rotation.

~130-150 rotation is fine for  <250 ping. And If there is a lag i can not cope with in mobile ship i will pick something like a guard/engi or hwy lazor fighter and still be effective for my team.

Collision Compensators mostly protect you from a head on collision, “slides” don’t do much dmg, especially if you compensate for them in last moment, but if you do a head on collision in Adaptive Ship, chances are you will get annihilated by your opponent within a second or 2 while you recover, regain your speed and adaptive effect back. On top of that since with CCs you have lower manoeuvrability on fairly fast ships, you even increase your chance of collisions.

I don’t put Galvanic on everything and everywhere (so as 9-1 implant)

Every player needs to learn to fly without CC.

That said, the module allows you to fly in maneuvers you would otherwise never attempt. Obviously it is an Inty. only module. Even then most Inty. builds should not use it. For speed builds though, it takes the stress off piloting.

Plus I just get there when I bump kill a Tackler or a GS.

Of course it does, because you use two verniers and one galva max, like almost anyone.

Galva on a fed or jerry ship is a waste imho. I also have compensator and vernier on my wolf M, but I find it enough, and the additional strafe and colision damage reduction fits well with my play style.

If you are in a squad with an engineer you can drop the cc for a second vernier. My CC is mostly because I like to hug cover, and the small hits and scratches are adding up damage to the point it is dangerous.

Also, it saves you in case you mess up and crash straight into an asteroid. 

Am I the only person using Aiming, CR, Hull Repair, Shield repair as GS actives layout?

No, actually. I use that on my troll Wolf-M. It has cruise, so no need for engine overcharge.

I’d use it on other gunships, but engine overcharge is just too useful to not use. Repositioning or running away, either way, it helps a lot.

in my opinion shield repair is a wasted slot on the wolf-m / tiger-m / pirahna b2

Everyone knows that I am a resist sleut. Galva works well for solo play and CC works well for cover jumping. I find it to be a nice compromise for the second vernier since it gives maneuverability as well as crash reduction. Sometimes crashes are inevitable and that is why I keep it. I’ve thought about using shield booster to help with tacklers, but giving up either engine overcharge or CR is not worth it, as Alex says.

in my opinion shield repair is a wasted slot on the wolf-m / tiger-m / pirahna b2

Particle purge ftw!!!

Particle purge ftw!!!

THAT is a situation where the module is not wasted for sure! I’ve seen some great builds using this.

On wolf-m Its pretty good if you’re playing solo without engineer. Repairs shield and gives the finger to tacklers

On wolf-m Its pretty good if you’re playing solo without engineer. Repairs shield and gives the finger to tacklers

And exactly how often do you come across legit tacklers in solo play? Most tacklers I see nowadays are drone-poopers.

And exactly how often do you come across legit tacklers in solo play? Most tacklers I see nowadays are drone-poopers.

Quite often, actually.

Quite often, actually.

Strange… I rarely see legit tacklers…

Even so, I rarely use a shield booster on my wolf-m. I use engine overcharge to accomplish the same thing. It gives you enough speed to overcome the tackler’s slows and get your adaptives back.

There’s also a lovely module called Combat Reboot.

They dont really have to be good. Just about any egghead can lock on to you and use slowing modules from far. Some even use gravi Beamer

And its not just tacklers, shield booster also helps against MPI