Chat. Amnesties

I would like to inquire on why I was chat banned for 1 hour at around 5:35pm GMT+0 today.

Yes, 1 hour isn’t much. But for what reason?

yea i had just logged on, posted 2 things in chat telling another player how its not a good idea to sell there ships and i get banned for acid spamming what ever that is, really loving the game and i know i didnt swear so its like why then…

Alucard088

2 days ago i was chat banned for one hour i believe was a mistake…i hardly say anything if anything at all,im not upset…more curious as to why?.Actually i read the chat 98% of the time and just sit back and laugh or im shaking my head and the craziness of the topics and discussions that are talked about.If ive done something (which i would be really surprised i did)please let me know…thx.

Ocelot.

I would like to inquire on why I was chat banned for 1 hour at around 5:35pm GMT+0 today.

Yes, 1 hour isn’t much. But for what reason?

yea i had just logged on, posted 2 things in chat telling another player how its not a good idea to sell there ships and i get banned for acid spamming what ever that is, really loving the game and i know i didnt swear so its like why then…

Alucard088

2 days ago i was chat banned for one hour i believe was a mistake…i hardly say anything if anything at all,im not upset…more curious as to why?.Actually i read the chat 98% of the time and just sit back and laugh or im shaking my head and the craziness of the topics and discussions that are talked about.If ive done something (which i would be really surprised i did)please let me know…thx.

Ocelot.

PMs have been sent.

Got frustrated with the server being so laggy despite of all advance troubleshooting I did. Plus, the GS reward isn’t being credited to me. Thrown some all caps words to release some stress. Didn’t offend anybody at all. Why is my mute for 6 days? Can’t anyone express some feelings/emotions around here anymore? Let alone the fact that my emotions got provoked by the game itself with its issues?

In deed, people get muted for actual violations and are justified. But an admin/GM can choose to be an a-s-s and strictly follow the rule by-the-book or be more humane enough to consider that there are some violations which are tolerable knowing these players are actually HUMANS with feelings and emotions aside from being imperfect. Because GMs & admins are also humans and are capable of adjusting and deciding by virtue of subjective morality. Otherwise, why not just hire a robot or just program the game and server to automatically penalize concretely determined violations?

This game is not just a cheap game. It’s very complicated and only skilled people can keep up. Knowing that there are stats that determine reputation and therefore respect from others, would you still think this is just for fun and that it’s very unlikely to provoke negative emotions? I dare you to remove all stats and achievements before saying this is all just a game for fun.

As many and increasing people keep on saying, this chat policy should be looked at and definitely revised. The chat policy doesn’t have to be this ridiculous. Investigate the power abusers as well and there should be a policy against these people that significantly reduces engagement of players causing them to abandon the game completely. Or else, the game developers/owners/management may eventually end up just looking for AI players…

**This will also be posted on the discussion section.

Got frustrated with the server being so laggy despite of all advance troubleshooting I did. Plus, the GS reward isn’t being credited to me. Thrown some all caps words to release some stress. Didn’t offend anybody at all. Why is my mute for 6 days? Can’t anyone express some feelings/emotions around here anymore? Let alone the fact that my emotions got provoked by the game itself with its issues?

In deed, people get muted for actual violations and are justified. But an admin/GM can choose to be an a-s-s and strictly follow the rule by-the-book or be more humane enough to consider that there are some violations which are tolerable knowing these players are actually HUMANS with feelings and emotions aside from being imperfect. Because GMs & admins are also humans and are capable of adjusting and deciding by virtue of subjective morality. Otherwise, why not just hire a robot or just program the game and server to automatically penalize concretely determined violations?

This game is not just a cheap game. It’s very complicated and only skilled people can keep up. Knowing that there are stats that determine reputation and therefore respect from others, would you still think this is just for fun and that it’s very unlikely to provoke negative emotions? I dare you to remove all stats and achievements before saying this is all just a game for fun.

As many and increasing people keep on saying, this chat policy should be looked at and definitely revised. The chat policy doesn’t have to be this ridiculous. Investigate the power abusers as well and there should be a policy against these people that significantly reduces engagement of players causing them to abandon the game completely. Or else, the game developers/owners/management may eventually end up just looking for AI players…

**This will also be posted on the discussion section.

PM has been sent.

chat banned for 13 hours after being in game for 30 minutes and not saying anything? Thats a little suspicious considering this [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22589-universe-defender-day-discussion/page-3](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22589-universe-defender-day-discussion/page-3) is the only thing Ive actually posted on the internet today.

chat banned for 13 hours after being in game for 30 minutes and not saying anything? Thats a little suspicious considering this [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22589-universe-defender-day-discussion/page-3](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22589-universe-defender-day-discussion/page-3) is the only thing Ive actually posted on the internet today.

Yknow what, before I get a response I want this situation clarified. I ran star conflict and -was not chat banned- for 13 hours, checked the other thread and posted, and then was muted in game.

Yknow what, before I get a response I want this situation clarified. I ran star conflict and -was not chat banned- for 13 hours, checked the other thread and posted, and then was muted in game.

PM has been sent.

Hi there,

I would like to point out that i have a chat mute for 106751956xxx days. I recieved this mute somewhere from last year. I know i’m replying after long time but I have rarely used chat. Even if I did I used corporate or squad chat so the global chat went unchecked by me for so long. I was able to contact a GM in-game and he said I recieved mute for ‘normally cannot communicate’ and something about ‘swearing’. He then directed me to post in this section of forum to highlight the issue.

Well I don’t quite remember what I said so long ago but it was no different than the swearing you see here and there…not to the amount that deserves so long ban. Prior to that I even recieved 13 hr ban for no reasons, even when I didnt play the game.

Regards,

MobiusOne5

/Thread closed.

Please look into the first post if you want to apply for amnesty.