Chat. Amnesties

If you have received a chat mute in-game and feel that this was not justified, please follow our official procedure as outlined below.

How to appeal

• You can appeal your chat mute by sending a PM to [Error](< base_url >/index.php?/user/12279-error/).
    • This topic is not for discussing your chat mute, the only reply you should leave is a request for someone to look into your issue and your in-game nickname.
    • You should not mention the GM or other involved people or drag your issue into public. This is prohibited by our Forum rules and can lead to further punishment.
    • Any discussion surrounding your case will be handled through PM by one of the Senior GM’s or the Administrators.
  • Any appeal against a chat mute has to be made within 5 working days from the moment the punishment was applied.
  • In the case your appeal is successful, you will be notified and your chat privileges will be restored.
  • The decision made during this process is final.

Useful Links

• [In-Game Policies](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/8916-behavior-rules-on-game-servers/)
  • [Star Conflict Forum Rules](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/18970-forum-rules/)

Is this where I ask why I am banned from chat? I didn’t get any notification, just logged in banned. Really hyped that I just bought some license and can’t talk to people, you know?

Ban will probably be over before I bother playing again, just curious what rule I am supposedly in violation of.

Username is spacepreacher

Hello

you have been muted for spamming random off topic stuff with some other players.

Greetings

Error

24 hours and no warning? Can I ask how obnoxious I was actually being, because I have no recollection of doing anything severe enough to completely isolate me from the game. I imagine this isn’t the place for discussing this, but I couldn’t find anywhere else and am kind of frustrated that I can’t really enjoy playing today.

I don’t mean to sound entitled, but I did put a little money into the game and am really feeling cautious about doing so again.

24 hours and no warning? Can I ask how obnoxious I was actually being, because I have no recollection of doing anything severe enough to completely isolate me from the game. I imagine this isn’t the place for discussing this, but I couldn’t find anywhere else and am kind of frustrated that I can’t really enjoy playing today.

I don’t mean to sound entitled, but I did put a little money into the game and am really feeling cautious about doing so again.

I will send you a pm.

Hi

I received some random 1 hour global chat ban with no reason attached to it. The only tip i got was from a squad mate of mine who got this message from someone named Kreuzler: “reported by 2 full corps. enjoy dealing with the staff.”

No reason for the ban whatsoever, and i don’t recall doing anything wrong.

Also, giving ban power to people like that is a case of allowing them to exploit, ban’s should be directly hand out by GMs, not by players. What are you gonna do in a tournament? Also, make the system send us a message about it with what the ban is and WHY. If people suddenly decide on their own accord to troll others with random bans i want them punished back.

So in the end i want to know the reason for it.

Thank you,

Astraal

PS: i want to be approached directly when the case, NOT a squad mate or a friend or anyone else but me.

Hi

I received some random 1 hour global chat ban with no reason attached to it. The only tip i got was from a squad mate of mine who got this message from someone named Kreuzler: “reported by 2 full corps. enjoy dealing with the staff.”

No reason for the ban whatsoever, and i don’t recall doing anything wrong.

Also, giving ban power to people like that is a case of allowing them to exploit, ban’s should be directly hand out by GMs, not by players. What are you gonna do in a tournament? Also, make the system send us a message about it with what the ban is and WHY. If people suddenly decide on their own accord to troll others with random bans i want them punished back.

So in the end i want to know the reason for it.

Thank you,

Astraal

PS: i want to be approached directly when the case, NOT a squad mate or a friend or anyone else but me.

Pm has been sent.

Not implying I care about a 1 hour ban, but more that I am curious about the moderation. As many times as I see “BACON” spammed and random gibberish typed line after line repeatedly, I get muted for mentioning bacon in a non-memetical manner.

http://imgur.com/oOxIzv9

Oh, and the xxxx supremacist in these images kept prattling on unchecked. Priorities, I guess.

Maybe reports added up for all the times I said ‘F— you, devs, fix the loot’ in chat whenever I received straight 30% loot fails. In which case, I stand by it. Fix the loot.

PS: Chocolate-covered bacon: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y-ak7DDpFTc/TGbkfbaJN5I/AAAAAAAAAws/ujiWrLb9jFw/s1600/DSC_0504.JPG

Not implying I care about a 1 hour ban, but more that I am curious about the moderation. As many times as I see “BACON” spammed and random gibberish typed line after line repeatedly, I get muted for mentioning bacon in a non-memetical manner.

http://imgur.com/oOxIzv9

Oh, and the xxxx supremacist in these images kept prattling on unchecked. Priorities, I guess.

Maybe reports added up for all the times I said ‘F— you, devs, fix the loot’ in chat whenever I received straight 30% loot fails. In which case, I stand by it. Fix the loot.

PS: Chocolate-covered bacon: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y-ak7DDpFTc/TGbkfbaJN5I/AAAAAAAAAws/ujiWrLb9jFw/s1600/DSC_0504.JPG

You have been muted for the repeatedly use of capslock.

All reports on violations are now done through the in game report system.

You have been muted for the repeatedly use of capslock.

All reports on violations are now done through the in game report system.

You’re joking, right? I said “CAPS LOCK HELL YEAH” because the user named CHEESE was using Caps Lock every single line. Wow, brilliant.

Translation: I don’t use Caps Lock. I mock people who do. Anonymous drive-by muting without explanation (or legitimacy for that matter) is stupid and counter-productive.

You can just be banned because of many players using “report” button option …

This topic is for appealing chat restriction, i.e. mute, cases.

Please PM me if you have questions or concerns regarding policies and punishments.

You can just be banned because of many players using “report” button option …

This is wrong. The number of reports for the same violation does not influence the penalty.

Furthermore is this no ban. Your chat gets muted, but you are still able to play.

Guys ? Vecrox is a little Child and a GM ? Banned me for unlimited time in the Chat ? WTF GUYS ?!?! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ADMIN !!!

He insulted me ! Think he are the Boss, and flame ! I have the Screens ! … very crazy ._. 
And unban me, banned for NOTHING, i only sad he isn’t cool because he think he’s the King of the World. 

Because i payed for the game. ._.

This day i like to spend 50€, but then the bann. ._.’ brrrrrrrrrrr

Greetz

(Ingame Name: Skyliner)

16:00 o’clock Editing: Im Unbanned, thank you very much. Lets start to run to buy a PaySafeCard for 50€ WUHU ! 
Nice work in the Forum, but bad guys in the Game, sry. But true. Love your Game, Greetz to the Team. :slight_smile:

Hi,

the link you gave in the first post is not working for me : “You do not have permission to view this topic”

edit : Working now

I got banned once.  I was commenting about the profanity filter, my age, and keeping children from seeing bad words while they try to blow up ships with pilots.  I tried to see how many xxxx I could throw in one line, not repeated lines, just one.  I don’t recall the ban length.

I see two big issues with the current ban on chats.

1. The user isn’t told why, or that they’re banned until they try to chat again.
  2. The user isn’t told about an appeal process.

If you have an appeal process at all, point the user to it.  What’s the worst that happens, appeal spam?  People just knowing there is an appeal process, and logging, will make them more confortable with being banned.  It will also help formalize the policies for banning when there are unfair bans.

I don’t believe caps lock should be subject to a ban, my laptop has no lights for the caps lock of numpad, and sometimes I type faster than I can notice.  There’s also a difference between spamming the chat room, and socially mocking a spammer.  I’m glad I didn’t get banned for my “talking about Kevin Bacon is ok” joke.

Things are being updated. There may be a system in place that will list as to why you were muted or banned.

Please do not discuss in this topic.

Thanks.

GM power abuse.

First off, this was a 1 hr ban so I don’t really nead amnesty but I still think things like this should be looked at.

I was pulling a little joke on someone when suddenly a GM hops in and abuses his power.

*Edited*

ok, I know i was wrong to use the F word (don’t wanna get banned from this chat either), but solving problems like this is just tyranny.

thanks for your time, don’t feel intimidated by those two letters; just appeal.

Regards Proskov.

GM power abuse.

First off, this was a 1 hr ban so I don’t really nead amnesty but I still think things like this should be looked at.

I was pulling a little joke on someone when suddenly a GM hops in and abuses his power.

*Edited*

ok, I know i was wrong to use the F word (don’t wanna get banned from this chat either), but solving problems like this is just tyranny.

thanks for your time, don’t feel intimidated by those two letters; just appeal.

Regards Proskov.

According to the [game rules](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/8916-behavior-rules-on-game-servers/) you made a violation.

The warning may be a little harsh, but it is justified.

I will talk to the GM, but I also need to ask you to leave such content out of the chat.