Ban Amnesty

Good day to you all.

My name was changed to Renamedxxxxxxx from BoozeDaily.  It is currently iFlossDaily. My name was changed because it said my name violated the EULA and TOS.  The GM was Twiddlez.  This happened right after a battle when I was on the opposing team.  I believe we won, and I believe I killed him.  First off, I don’t think this violates any TOS. Booze is a slang for alcohol and last I checked, alcohol isn’t illegal.  Nor is it illegal to consume it daily.  I have seen numerous names that either suggest, or slang for suggesting unruly or bad behavior.  To assume that somone who boozes daily is a bad person is being judgemental.  I have used the name BoozeDaily on every game that I have played on every platform for the past 10 years.  I have never had a problem with it nor has anybody asked me to change it.  I would like to know why it was changed, twice.  I changed it from BoozeDaily to inBoozeDaily and that was changed.  Even though I tried to explain that Booze is the name of a small hamlet in England.  So now we can’t represent cities and towns in our names? If this is the case, why don’t we all just use random numbers for our names?

I’m asking for this to be reviewed and upon deliberation, my previous name to be reinstated. I pay for this game. I’ve bought two DLC packages and have played almost daily for the past month. I like the game even with it’s many flaws and I would like to continue playing it. My name is representative of me and I feel that I play best when I am representing myself fully. I’m also asking for you to justify why my name was changed. Seriously, who is this offending? Who cares? I ask that you don’t get caught up with rule enforcement and trying to make an MMO a civil place.  Your time is better spent looking for hackers and resolving actual game issues.  Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

BOOZEDAILY

We will look into this.

I just had my account chat muted for a day after an altercation with a player called Milfeulle (NASA) or something along that line.

This was after I politely asked if we could do one beacon at a time in PvE so that we all can get credit for three beacons for our contracts… he then told me he doesn’t care about contracts so I told him that other people do… he told me he doesn’t care about what other people need… so I said that this speaks volumes for him as a person.  Now this is not the first time I’ve asked this player in the same PvE scenario to do one beacon at a time and he usually doesn’t reply and goes to capture the second beacon by himself while everyone else is at the first beacon.  Since he is in a fast ship, he can get credit for three while the others only get credit for two.  Usually he just ignores what people say, this time he actually told me that he doesn’t care about others.  I consider this grieving as he is aware that other people might need all three beacons and he deliberately prevents them from achieving that.

I did curse in that conversation but only because this isn’t the first time this player has done that and I have a feeling it won’t be the last…

Also, according to the Game Rules at: http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=In-Game_Rules

This should be a one hour mute according to this:

List of punishable offences: a) profanity, personal insults aimed at participants of the game, rudeness, crudeness. Punishable by 1-hour mute.

Pm has been send.

LOL OMG I read alot of peoples  reasons for being chat banned and now I see why I am banned for109662909 days, or something like that…couldnt remember exactly how many but it might as well be a perma ban.  Holy crap you guys, especially MrTwiddlez were actually very patient with me and given me numerous chances to do a 180. Wow, I was just having fun but I guess this is much more serious then I thought. Hey guys how about giving me a final chance to be good eh? this is the first time I been in forum to actually read the rules…(didnt read it all yet) but its a start.  Well see you guys ingame 

Oh and I really want my name back to PekPek.  that too have been my name ever since I started playing online and people actually call me that in real life lol coz they dont know what it really means :slight_smile:

LOL OMG I read alot of peoples  reasons for being chat banned and now I see why I am banned for109662909 days, or something like that…couldnt remember exactly how many but it might as well be a perma ban.  Holy crap you guys, especially MrTwiddlez were actually very patient with me and given me numerous chances to do a 180. Wow, I was just having fun but I guess this is much more serious then I thought. Hey guys how about giving me a final chance to be good eh? this is the first time I been in forum to actually read the rules…(didnt read it all yet) but its a start.  Well see you guys ingame 

Oh and I really want my name back to PekPek.  that too have been my name ever since I started playing online and people actually call me that in real life lol coz they dont know what it really means :slight_smile:

PM has been sent.

Hi, i was banned yesterday from your servers for 24 hours or so, because i posted the same chat 5 times. We were having a funny chat about steveballmer, you know “developers developers developers…” I wrote ‘‘WvW dot micrasaft dot come’’(you get what i mean) 5 times and got blocked from the chat…

Today when i wanted to play, it said my account was banned due to profanity, spam, offence etc, and that i should contact gaijin support. It has been 3 hours already and nothing is happening. I also tried steam support, nothing.

I just wanted to pretend like a bot as a prank. I didn’t mean to offend anyone. Most of the people who play Star Conflict have great fun with your chat function, writing random things while we wait for the matches to start.
I understand why it happened automatically and why it is necessary, but come on… It’s just having some fun with the habbits of the internet and games and so forth…

My pilot profile said CPU1 and it was changed to NMAPxxxxxx or somthing… Now i have changed it to MajorGainz.

It is made via steam where my steam username is boris_has_arrived.

Is it possible to fix this?

We will look into this.

Pm has been send.

Have we looked into this yet?

Please be patient. Error will notify you once the issue has been looked into. Thank you.

I am going to bed now. My login will probably work again tomorrow morning, when the ban time is exceeded.  but i am pretty disappointed that the problem was not mitigated-. I was looking forward to playing it today as the weekend hit. Being randomly banned from one day to another without notice is not cool.

Also i know the game is in developement process and i know it is not easy.

But there should be faster support. It would make your problems more transpearant. If a player can be blocked and banned so effectively it should be just as effective to unban with this margin of  error.

MajorGainz

hi,    I was muted from the chat in game for no reason and with no warning.

no reason was given and I don’t know by who.

is this done by a human or some automatic glitch?.. if so can you please remove that person or fix the error?

Edit -

after asking someone else using the whispering function,  if they were blocked… and finding out they were not… that same person contacted me a little while later… and said they were not muted as well from public catch???

is this a glitch… or do we have someone with way to much time on there hands stalking the chats listening to peoples wispers and stuff?

hi,    I was muted from the chat in game for no reason and with no warning.

no reason was given and I don’t know by who.

is this done by a human or some automatic glitch?.. if so can you please remove that person or fix the error?

Edit -

after asking someone else using the whispering function,  if they were blocked… and finding out they were not… that same person contacted me a little while later… and said they were not muted as well from public catch???

is this a glitch… or do we have someone with way to much time on there hands stalking the chats listening to peoples wispers and stuff?

Pm has been sent.

/Thread closed.

Please look into the first post if you want to apply for amnesty.