Ze'Ta Landing Platform

To be completely honest, I thought that the “docking” function would work more like a ship getting close to the destroyer, pressing g, then sticking in place, attached via a crystal pillar or something. And in kind of a hollow hemisphere that allows them to turn and fire. But since that isn’t how it happened, here’s some ideas that could be used to make the current landing platform less bad:

-Allow the landed ship to use active modules. It makes no sense to restrict their use like that.

-Give the landed ship increased damage resistance and maybe an additional shield that is slowly restored along with the hull.

-Allow the landed ship to rotate 360 degrees, but stay flat on the pad. Landed players quickly leave because they can’t fire on enemies often.

-Allow the destroyer to manually kick off a docked ship via module activation.

-Allow the destroyer to detach the drone without needing a locked target.

-Increase drone deployment speed, and possibly allow for more than one drone to be created at the cost of hull durability.

-Highlight the landing pad for allies, so that they know that they can dock there.

-Let the weapons of the landed ship fire through the destroyer+modules, or not deal self-damage.

I agree, they are all nice suggestions, although depending on which are chosen i’d say choosing a second one might make this thing quickly OP.

Personally i’d root for:

-Allow the landed ship to rotate 360 degrees, but stay flat on the pad. Landed players quickly leave because they can’t fire on enemies often.

-Allow the destroyer to manually kick off a docked ship via module activation.

-Allow the destroyer to detach the drone without needing a locked target.

-Highlight the landing pad for allies, so that they know that they can dock there.

They seem like obvious improvements and would just bring it on par with the crystal you can already detach.

-Allow the landed ship to use active modules. It makes no sense to restrict their use like that.

This might already be too much, although considering that someone docked at you is not protected by your shield if you’re hit with explosive/AOE weapons should still put this into a somewhat “okay” state, some ship combinations would make this ridiculously op.

-Give the landed ship increased damage resistance and maybe an additional shield that is slowly restored along with the hull.

Personally this sounds good too, but i highly, HIGHLY doubt they’d do an extra shield, extra resistance would be nice though.

That’s my opinion as someone with Ze’Ta and docking station, i’ve had several combinations already and some were quite powerful even without them being able to use modules.

24 minutes ago, Niran said:

i’ve had several combinations already and some were quite powerful even without them being able to use modules.

Ny18