xlMaXlx Video Section

8 minutes ago, xlMaXlx said:

I didn’t mention anything about “skill”, neither consider myself as very experienced player. I do, however, record and share gameplay videos, which should show certain features of this ship.
If you want a more general answer - well, since Star Conflict is a space shooter, general objective in such games is to aim crosshair into hitbox pixel faster, then your opponent does it. We have obviously much complex mechanics behind it, but principle remains the same. Player 1, who aims faster and more accurate, then Player 2 usually will be considered more “skilled” in very basic maner. _ Quake was mostly the same, exept every player had default hitbox, movespeed etc _.

And exactly same weapons, no roles, no cheap trick in order to not be hit, no paywall.

Totally the same!

4 minutes ago, Spongejohn said:

And exactly same weapons, no roles, no cheap trick in order to not be hit, no paywall.

Totally the same!

There is no paywall, because every ship and other content in that game can be obtained without $$. Timewall - yes, you have to grind, but what you gonna do anyway by playing?
What are “cheap tricks to not be hit”? That is called dodging, this is one of main game concept, that can be easily countered by tackler or lasers.
The variety of roles and weapons present to make game more interesting, complex and so that everyone could find a ship, that fits his gameplay.
I don’t really get your point. If you wanna play a game, where there will be no variety in weapons, roles,  no cheap trick in order to not be hit keyboard usage just play Pacman.

32 minutes ago, xlMaXlx said:

Timewall - yes, you have to grind, but what you gonna do anyway by playing?

There is one other thing beside time-wall, grind-wall. Daily hard-limit or reduced drop chances of certain rare materials.

So, basically, you are not limited by only the time you invest, but also the time you can actually grind to effectively, to shorten the time or the gap, if not actively playing.

In short, you can’t get resources for 3 days to compensate for optimal results, when there are limits available for 1 and every day.

42 minutes ago, xlMaXlx said:

There is no paywall, because every ship and other content in that game can be obtained without $$. Timewall - yes, you have to grind, but what you gonna do anyway by playing?
What are “cheap tricks to not be hit”? That is called dodging, this is one of main game concept, that can be easily countered by tackler or lasers.
The variety of roles and weapons present to make game more interesting, complex and so that everyone could find a ship, that fits his gameplay.
I don’t really get your point. If you wanna play a game, where there will be no variety in weapons, roles,  no cheap trick in order to not be hit keyboard usage just play Pacman.

There is a paywall since in order to get such ship at that level, that soon, you will need to pay.

Spinning that way is the last remnants of intie’s spinning mechanic that get removed from game (yes it is still there, still, less powerfull on inties, but on such an op ship with such low ping… here it is the old result: ping compensation cheated).

Dodging is totally differtent stuffs, it means spinning, strafing in random directions while you are still able to hit your opponent and he also have a chance to hit you, if he is able to aim. Not that he can’t hit you just 'cause of a broken mechanic.

What you have shown instead, is the old “spinning circle” that just cheat the ping compensation mechanic (yes, it is still there buddies ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) ) while flying an op (p2w for most of the players out there) ship on 10 ping , against average/bad skilled pilots. 

I would like to play a game where such behave are not advertised as skilled/fun/or worth attention, since balance in a pvp with different classes is an utopia so, at least real skills should still matters.

Altough its an awesome video, no ship should be able to do that. You could fly right into the enemy spawn, get shot at and hit by 5 players and still take no damage whatsoever. And newbs in standart t5 ships are suuppodes to fight that. You just cant have a super fast, super tanky, super damaging, and super regenerating ship at once. :confused:

Thumb up for awesome video and editing! I have bad ping on non-US server so I made my Thar’ga a submarine diving ship xD

Yup, I fought your Thar’Ga 5 min ago… OP AF ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

But seriously, what were they thinking? How could something like this even be close to being balanced?!

44 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Yup, I fought your Thar’Ga 5 min ago… OP AF ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

But seriously, what were they thinking? How could something like this even be close to being balanced?!

Well for any non-paying player it is perfectly balanced. XD

It’s only those who can afford to upgrade a lot and unlock and craft and upgrade modules and weapons that get the superships. Other times it’s just that the specific player is OP in anything but that is super rare.

I had the honor to fly with max today, the result is… Thargasting…

https://www.twitch.tv/milfeullesakuraba/v/114828114

10 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

I had the honor to fly with max today, the result is… Thargasting…

https://www.twitch.tv/milfeullesakuraba/v/114828114

Ship is P2W for now. Why? Because regular non-paying player can’t afford it yet, at least with all necessary upgrades, without investing.

Once the grind from the missions that are given for free as a task give you enough resources, then we can disregard this, but for that, it will be probably be 1-2 months of time needed, if not even more.

I would like to have a fully built tharga but then again i cant get over the many abilities it has. Sometimes i get the idea the developments main goal is to cram as much tricks in that one pony as possible. 

Spoiler

57165360.jpg

13 hours ago, Spongejohn said:

**1)**There is a paywall since in order to get such ship at that level, that soon, you will need to pay.

**2)**Spinning that way is the last remnants of intie’s spinning mechanic that get removed from game (yes it is still there, still, less powerfull on inties, but on such an op ship with such low ping… here it is the old result: ping compensation cheated).

Dodging is totally differtent stuffs, it means spinning, strafing in random directions while you are still able to hit your opponent and he also have a chance to hit you, if he is able to aim. Not that he can’t hit you just 'cause of a broken mechanic.

What you have shown instead, is the old “spinning circle” that just cheat the ping compensation mechanic (yes, it is still there buddies ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) ) while flying an op (p2w for most of the players out there) ship on 10 ping , against average/bad skilled pilots. 

I would like to play a game where such behave are not advertised as skilled/fun/or worth attention, since balance in a pvp with different classes is an utopia so, at least real skills should still matters.

1. Those reasonable time margins are very subjective. Your opinion can differ from devs opinion on this, I have no problems understanding that. But this still is timewall - not paywall. To see  The Wall Street Journal  you actually have to pay to access content. You can’t get access by grinding some points of w/e. This is a real paywall. We don’t have such.
  2. So what’s exactly broken. I think they just unable to aim, because i dont have such problems with spinning targets. Where do you even see spinning on Anaconda MKII gameplay?

LRF gameplay - no spinning:

Dart gameplay, no spinning:

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

Ship is P2W for now. Why? Because regular non-paying player can’t afford it yet, at least with all necessary upgrades, without investing.

Once the grind from the missions that are given for free as a task, give you enough resources, then we can disregard this, but for that, it will be probably be 1-2 months of time needed, if not even more

R9 can be obtained without payment. Resourses fron NY event should be more then enough. After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

45 minutes ago, xlMaXlx said:

…After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

I didn’t know this. Which is the source? Is it post in the forums?

Just now, ntboble said:

There are multiple information sources around, it may not be on english forums, but regardless, Max is closely working with Developers and Community Managers, so if he sais so, than that is a current plan ))

25 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

There are multiple information sources around, it may not be on english forums, but regardless, Max is closely working with Developers and Community Managers, so if he sais so, than that is a current plan ))

I hope that they restore the base value for daily Open Space rewards from 2-3 for each faction.

I still think that nerf was not really necessary, especially after 2 years.

Thx, ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”) xKostyan.

About the video, my head is still spinning.

1 minute ago, Koromac said:

I hope that they restore the base value for daily Open Space rewards from 2-3.

I still think that nerf was not really necessary, especially after 2 years.

I think it is fine, you get them fromPvE, PvP and SpecOp loot

30 minutes ago, ntboble said:

He’s the source. Don’t question your Master!  ![:00666:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00666.png “:00666:”)

1 hour ago, xlMaXlx said:

After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I think it is fine, you get them fromPvE, PvP and SpecOp loot

And leagues.