WTF !!!

On 15.02.2018 at 11:28 PM, avarshina said:

Could some one explain why there is this huge range of ranks (1-15) anyhow? Was it from the games start (wasn’t it until 9? And what is the wisdom behind expanding it even more into ranks 16-17???

As far as I remember - there were from OBT definitely, dunno if earlier.

BTW: in case I forget: check those patch notes:

looks like ships had multiple missile slots of different sizes. If you are curious, you could dig deeper how was it back then ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

MM is broken, ships unbalanced, new ships like NY and Ellydium are way to overpowered, and Gaijin personnel and SC devs dont read this forum at all… for a game that gets stuck with little content, patching taking months and being completely irrelevant to balancing or new content, we who play SC are lucky that at least we have a server to keep play from time to time, so… dont complaint, this is like an indie uncompleted game under a studio logo like Gaijin… there I say it, eventhough I really love SC, I feel pretty stupid sometimes for sticking in a game that is stuck in time, while other progression games got tons of content and features… nevermind, we dont have enough players or devs to make significant changes to the game, so i dont think there is gonna be a fix for MM…

3 minutes ago, seekerjuanchis said:

ships unbalanced, new ships like NY and Ellydium are way to overpowered

I think you were supposed to post this a year ago. Ellydium ships dominance is long gone. UFO is meh. And regarding ships balance - you have to be more specific. Fleet is currently being fully rebalanced, so if you see something out of order - go to to patch discussion and post it there

11 hours ago, seekerjuanchis said:

MM is broken, ships unbalanced, new ships like NY and Ellydium are way to overpowered

Listen, do you even own all three Ellydium ships? Do you have all of them fully researched? I guess not because you’re talking nonsense. I have all three, fully researched.

I really dislike people who haven’t flown Ellydium ships at all, or at least on regular basis and then talk like they know what they’re talking about.

Ships are nowhere near where they were over a year ago. They were DOMINATING back then, especially Thar’Ga, now, they can barely keep up with the rest of the ships.

Survivability is way lower for those ships than you would like to admit, even Tai’Kin can get ripped to shreds very easily with a regular recon.

Thar’Ga is completely fine, in fact, there would be nothing wrong if the mutation limit would still be set at 1300 instead of 1125 points.

As for Tai’Kin, the ship is good as it is. I have flown it for a very long time. It’s not overpowered at all, especially now, where you got so many counters against interceptors.

Waz’Got is the second worst healer, right after Phoenix. The ship is only good because of two modules, nothing more. Mutation limit is set at 1250 points, but it could be easily set to 1500 points.

Waz’Got is crappy otherwise, compared to Octopus, it will die twice as fast and it heals 50% less than Brokk does with its healing beam, not to mention that it has low energy potential.

All three Ellydium ships cost a FORTUNE! Believe me, I know how much resources, time and money (GS) I poured into these things.

They are not broken now, they are on the verge of being underpowered if any further nerfs are made to them.

On 16.2.2018 at 12:28 AM, avarshina said:

(wasn’t it until 9?

at release r13-r15 was not available, but already visible with “question marks”.

r10-12 was mostly unplayed by the greater public, simply because farming the ships there was a lot harder back then (credit income, no synergy boost for fleet, and most of all: purple items dropped in loot, so the difference to beta players with r12 ships using mostly purple modules was cruel), and it was basicly in the hands of the earliest dedicated players. but even those usually rather queued in t3, where squads would get fast games.

the big wave of people in march 2013 mostly got stuck in t3 for the more hardcore, and in t2 for the more casual players, and this ecosystem continued well into the t5 timeframe.

tournaments were held in t3 and were one of the big attractors for early teamplay, as well as the early dlcs which mainly featured r9 ships, so many who “bought in” were right in the most populated tier.

generally t5 was also a lot less balanced early on, with some ships dominating, and featured very little difference to t3, until some of the modules were removed from t3 (inertial stabs, target tracking coprocessor, submatter shields, etc.) into r11+. at some point, t3 dwellers, who actually already had t5 ships but still kept playing t3, were slowly persuaded to move up to t5, yet again making t4 a bit of a no mans land, but now for other reasons.

inbetween there was a bit of a “dedicated t4 fanbase” aswell, especially in times of inbalances (which logically were more feelable in t5, because you could minmax extremes), however i myself was a big fan of the t3 meta, and stayed there until almost everybody moved away, or were forced to by the introduction of mixed tiers, so i wasnt aware of that more than through forum. i did play t5 early, but only as solo player, while most “playing together” happened in t3.

thats just the history from my perspective. i do think, releasewise, the game was balanced mostly until r12, with r13-15 to be thought as “later additions”; especially since it took a while until some modules became exclusive t4/t5 releases (e.g. the cloaking field on guards), and the implants were also a lot less “tuning the ship”, i think t5 was basicly really not “pre-planned” at all how it would play out, but definitely planned to exist at some point.

also, since t3 had such an active population, the gameplay there was really influential into balance changes and tweaks (e.g. tacklers were underused, got a lot of new stuff, became totally op in t5 later)

Thank you guys for all the good read and classic informations!

20 hours ago, niripas said:

As far as I remember - there were from OBT definitely, dunno if earlier.

BTW: in case I forget: check those patch notes:

looks like ships had multiple missile slots of different sizes. If you are curious, you could dig deeper how was it back then ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) very interesting, ty!

17 hours ago, niripas said:

… Ellydium ships dominance is long gone. UFO is meh. … Fleet is currently being fully rebalanced …

Yes that’s the case, my beloved and expensive Waz’Got has a hard time against Guards, now! It feels slightly underpowered now ![:(:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/(.png “:(:”) - but its ok. I hope full fleet rebalance will come after Frigate:Engineers get some good stuff, too (and also the 2 remaining interceptor roles)

5 hours ago, Koromac said:

… Waz’Got is the second worst healer, right after Phoenix. The ship is only good because of two modules, nothing more. Mutation limit is set at 1250 points, but it could be easily set to 1500 points.

Waz’Got is crappy otherwise, compared to Octopus, it will die twice as fast and it heals 50% less than Brokk does with its healing beam, not to mention that it has low energy potential.

All three Ellydium ships cost a FORTUNE! Believe me, … They are not broken now, they are on the verge of being underpowered if any further nerfs are made to them.

Yes – absolutely. I was hoping that with r16 and r17, Waz’got would get 1500 points in r15. There are so many combinations, I cannot build because of Waz’Gots limitation on 1250 points. And remember, the Wazzi never had that super-OP phase that the Tai’Kin and Thar’Ga had.

3 hours ago, g4borg said:

at release r13-r15 was not available, but already visible with “question marks”.

r10-12 was mostly unplayed by the greater public, simply because farming the ships there was a lot harder back then (credit income, no synergy boost for fleet, and most of all: purple items dropped in loot, so the difference to beta players with r12 ships using mostly purple modules was cruel), and it was basicly in the hands of the earliest dedicated players. but even those usually rather queued in t3, where squads would get fast games.

Hide contents

the big wave of people in march 2013 mostly got stuck in t3 for the more hardcore, and in t2 for the more casual players, and this ecosystem continued well into the t5 timeframe.

tournaments were held in t3 and were one of the big attractors for early teamplay, as well as the early dlcs which mainly featured r9 ships, so many who “bought in” were right in the most populated tier.

generally t5 was also a lot less balanced early on, with some ships dominating, and featured very little difference to t3, until some of the modules were removed from t3 (inertial stabs, target tracking coprocessor, submatter shields, etc.) into r11+. at some point, t3 dwellers, who actually already had t5 ships but still kept playing t3, were slowly persuaded to move up to t5, yet again making t4 a bit of a no mans land, but now for other reasons.

inbetween there was a bit of a “dedicated t4 fanbase” aswell, especially in times of inbalances (which logically were more feelable in t5, because you could minmax extremes), however i myself was a big fan of the t3 meta, and stayed there until almost everybody moved away, or were forced to by the introduction of mixed tiers, so i wasnt aware of that more than through forum. i did play t5 early, but only as solo player, while most “playing together” happened in t3.

thats just the history from my perspective. i do think, releasewise, the game was balanced mostly until r12, with r13-15 to be thought as “later additions”; especially since it took a while until some modules became exclusive t4/t5 releases (e.g. the cloaking field on guards), and the implants were also a lot less “tuning the ship”, i think t5 was basicly really not “pre-planned” at all how it would play out, but definitely planned to exist at some point.

also, since t3 had such an active population, the gameplay there was really influential into balance changes and tweaks (e.g. tacklers were underused, got a lot of new stuff, became totally op in t5 later)

Very interesting, ty indeed! I would think that less was more and this t3 dominace was a big asset for player happiness, in regard to flexibility and ease of access and simplicity…

Just stop it! Gravi wave + Battle station make this thing a goddamn monster, combine that with green mist for 3 sec invincibility every 12 sec + it’s healing beam that tracks allies. I have no idea what you guys are crying about.

24 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Just stop it! Gravi wave + Battle station make this thing a goddamn monster, combine that with green mist for 3 sec invincibility every 12 sec + it’s healing beam that tracks allies. I have no idea what you guys are crying about.

I think that people forget that primary role of engineer is to heal and not to wipe out all enemy ships 

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

Do you actually fly Waz’got? Ask Avarshina - he is dedicated Waz’got driver. Heck if Waz’got is a monster, then Octopus is pure OPness and should be nerfed on the spot   ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”), right Orca?

6 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Ok, right, what should I say? In hangar a frigate like the Wazgot is roughly 4 times bigger than
a fighter. Yes, the Wazgot battlestation can track hidden interceptors or tacklers, but will not insta kill them. The battlestation is an annoying thing but far from op. I must stay beneath it - lest it explodes, I must repair it and to build it takes long. It is a stationary - killable suppression of lesser degree, not more, not less. I find it not universally good. I also could use the Wazgot build that shoots drones that get into turrets on surfaces. They too are limited in flexibility. Green mist is ok. but also just for 2,5 seconds. If you are doomed to be killed Grenn mist doesn’t help you much. It makes players confused that are used to get their easy kills on lonely frigates… But used right it can do good in team play, that I agree with you. Gravi wave: it kills only ships with lacking 9-3 implant, or with low hull/shields, because the Gravi Wave does do 10k base damage, too. But, yes, it happens that the Gravi is frustrating for the enemies, but lessen learned mostly after the second crash: wait after Gravi was fired or do not get near rocks/structures near a Wazgot, or just be brave and take the risc (most builds don’t use it).

5 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

Do you actually fly Waz’got? Ask Avarshina - he is dedicated Waz’got driver. Heck if Waz’got is a monster, then Octopus is pure OPness and should be nerfed on the spot   ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”), right Orca?

Why I lkove Waz’got? Because I loved the Phoenix in t3 before, it is active engaging engineer play: as an engineer one cannot count on good players to support with one’s healing modules. In PvP especially, one would have the warp gate to get points from capturing beacons and want to also try to get kills for rewards. But what I love is that the wazzi is so flexible to build: first time I could test and experiment to find my best engi build. And I like that it has near fighter class strafe, that I like the most after that feeling to fly a frigate, one doesn’t like to fly standard engineers again .

I am sorry if the Gravi makes people feel unhappy, but it is a very good module out of the position of a frigate player: only with this I can fend off circling interceptors and have a chance to not be killed easily by them, provided I have a Gravi Wave charge left to fire…

So please do not complain so much; I am killed enough by fighters from 5km sitting and just farming… I am killed enough by teams of inty + fighter stunning me with auto-aim beams and auto aim energy-sucking/movement restricting fighter ‘heroes’ or ‘asses’ (yes sure its only the skills - lol)

It’s so paying customers can get their farm on. Russians especially really enjoy “Farming Aces” as they call it. I’m familiar with it from world of tanks. Nice word filter, but you get the idea.