Wonky Wednesdays!

That would be hard to check in Invasion. You can’t see the ship stats. I’m imagining some builds with the piranha with overdrive and engine module… Or maybe a tackler with long range freeaim 7gravibeamers to slow people behind you (of course also with high sensor range to remove their afterburners from 7k away) :stuck_out_tongue:

i ment no actime/passive speed modules, with interceptor for example fed (475m/s) and there will be third guy to folow the 2 players with faster ship and see who wins.

Flying skilzzz ^^

i ment no actime/passive speed modules, with interceptor for example fed (475m/s) and there will be third guy to folow the 2 players with faster ship and see who wins.

Flying skilzzz ^^

Or good computer skillz ^^ I get a 5-6 second loading screen after jumping, which I imagine people with good computers do not have.  It could make all the difference

Or good computer skillz ^^ I get a 5-6 second loading screen after jumping, which I imagine people with good computers do not have.  It could make all the difference

maybe i’ll overclock and use my double speed lol. 

maybe i’ll overclock and use my double speed lol. 

hax

#msi afterburner

#msi afterburner

#xxxx laptop

#usingPcAsHeater

How about Beacon Hunt with ELRFs, mines only and no HUD?

Werewolf: Eight players and one moderator play a custom capture the beacons on lava spines. For maximum enjoyment, everybody gets on TS together. All players go to team one in kites, while the moderator goes to team two in an LRF of their choosing. Two “werewolves” are chosen before launching and are informed in private message. Their goal is to become the majority of the team via killing. The rest are villagers. Their goal is to figure out who the werewolves are and kill them. Every two minutes, everybody but the werewolves are required to lock on to the moderator and get IR pulsar’d - and act as if under stasis generator, too.

Any time a werewolf dies, the moderator annouces their death.

Shooting at suspected werewolves is highly encouraged.

Werewolf: Eight players and one moderator play a custom capture the beacons on lava spines. For maximum enjoyment, everybody gets on TS together. All players go to team one in kites, while the moderator goes to team two in an LRF of their choosing. Two “werewolves” are chosen before launching and are informed in private message. Their goal is to become the majority of the team via killing. The rest are villagers. Their goal is to figure out who the werewolves are and kill them. Every two minutes, everybody but the werewolves are required to lock on to the moderator and get IR pulsar’d - and act as if under stasis generator, too.

Any time a werewolf dies, the moderator annouces their death.

Shooting at suspected werewolves is highly encouraged.

So basically Trouble in Terrorist Town, I like it.

How about Beacon Hunt with ELRFs, mines only and no HUD?

I’ll add it to the list of ideas

As for the race, I think it would be fun if it was large teams (like 4v4 or larger), with no recons or cruise engines allowed, and 1 life. This would greatly encourage the teams work together to kill the other team and make it to the station.

Also, it will only be the next 3 Wonky Wednesdays (or however long it takes) that Air Brawl will be given out.

how about you just play damn T5?

noo kost g0 awae >:(

So just to make things clear and to alleviate any confusion.

Ketriaava and I are the hosts of Wonky Wednesdays. We will be running the show, explaining the rules, and moderating. If enough players start to participate in Wonky Wednesdays, we will look in to getting more moderators to help out. 

But keep posting ideas (try not to repeat, just give epeen points to ideas you like). For the next Wonky Wednesday, Ketriaava has created a straw poll with all of the current ideas (located in an upcoming post). Please vote on the straw poll for which minigame you would like to see in the next Wonky Wednesday! 

Another one I just thought of:

Capture the Container (in open space)

Basically have it be 1-flag CTF, with three teams. Each team starts at a different station. The flag is a container that a spectator/moderator will be holding in Fort Muerto (at the very top where the boss would spawn in the PvE mission). First team to retrieve the container and bring it back to their station will win. Granted, this will be hard to remember who has the flag, but we could implement a rule that you cannot drop the flag unless you die. 

Just a question about this, since it seems to be quite popular on the poll. What are the ship and module restrictions? Because I think once someone has the flag, there will not be much happening and it will just be a race. Also not all the stations are the same distance from the middle…

Just a question about this, since it seems to be quite popular on the poll. What are the ship and module restrictions? Because I think once someone has the flag, there will not be much happening and it will just be a race. Also not all the stations are the same distance from the middle…

We could probably ban Cruise Engine and Recons a la the Open Space Race idea. Or maybe a twist - only frigates can hold the flag, or perhaps flag-carriers cannot exceed an afterburner speed of 300 m/s.

I dunno, it was my idea and I didn’t think it all the way through. We could hash it out.

We could probably ban Cruise Engine and Recons a la the Open Space Race idea. Or maybe a twist - only frigates can hold the flag, or perhaps flag-carriers cannot exceed an afterburner speed of 300 m/s.

I dunno, it was my idea and I didn’t think it all the way through. We could hash it out.

Well I guess we can decide once people have voted :smiley:

idk if this was suggested (2 lazy 2 read) but in Ultra we used to do like 4 t3s vs a t5. was very fun. :) 

idk if this was suggested (2 lazy 2 read) but in Ultra we used to do like 4 t3s vs a t5. was very fun. :) 

12 t1 VS 1 t5? ( 1 mauler with laserzzz)

12 t1 VS 1 t5? ( 1 Black Dragon with laserzzz)

FIFY

The 4 T3s vs a T5 i feel like would be included in the “For Narnia” package. Since we have like 23 Styxes vs an Inquisitor-S as part of that, we could just wrap that in the same category