Wobble in ship caused by ping

Ship maneuverability isn’t the only thing that suffers from high ping.  If you are using low ROF and high percision, such as positron, gauss, or even shrapnel, I found that having a ping of 120+ (All servers except US for me) makes it extremely difficult to use these weapons effectively.  Just like there is a delay in your turning response, there is a delay in when you click to fire, and when your ship actually fires.  Sure you might be able to compensate for that if the ping is constant, but it almost never is.  It fluctuates by anywhere from 30~40 for me which may not seem like much, but it drastically F***s up my aim.  Even hitting the strafing keys is delayed making precision maneuvering extremely difficult.  The only way to compensate for me is to fly a fat frig or use “no aim” tactics to try to kill the opponent.  Those “no aim” tactics are terrible against organized teams.

Since getting on the Russian server is a common thing for me, i got used to play with 100-140 of ping. Months ago i had some rather bad wobble at higher ping but now it’s just slower responsiveness. However, packet loss is an issue for me; mouse clicks get lost meaning modules don’t work or weapons don’t fire when they should (also increase the odds i will bump into things rather than fly around). I would be quite happy if the packet loss issue was dealt with, it’s rather annoying, far more than the higher ping on the Russian server.

Since getting on the Russian server is a common thing for me, i got used to play with 100-140 of ping. Months ago i had some rather bad wobble at higher ping but now it’s just slower responsiveness. However, packet loss is an issue for me; mouse clicks get lost meaning modules don’t work or weapons don’t fire when they should (also increase the odds i will bump into things rather than fly around). I would be quite happy if the packet loss issue was dealt with, it’s rather annoying, far more than the higher ping on the Russian server.

your higher ping on russian servers are less than the lowest ping i can get ever :V (and i usually dont get it)

Anything over 138 rotation is wobble heaven on most servers. This means many builds are useless due to ending up firing out the back of your ship wiry only one or two guns. 200 rotation? That will wobble almost 180 degrees side to side. I made a full rotation build on Falcon and it wouldn’t get to a beacon in 3 minutes :slight_smile: At least there is strafe option in t4 and above.

It’s funny when you see players get the 350+ ping I normally get and they complain so much saying it is unplayable and of course perform way below their standards. Usually on South Asia server which I still get 130-160 ping :stuck_out_tongue:

I have pings always over 300 Every Interceptor I have had was uncontrollable 

until I got the Tai’kin , how ever when that hit rank 7-8 it became unusable

( currently rank 10 and needless to say crashes into everything and can not even get a shot in its spins/wobbles that bad )  

if I drop back to rank 6 its fine 

if I force it into a rank 8 match with same  rank 6 setup … it wobbles … WTF 

To me bad ping is always a disadvantage, why do some say it was “ping-hacking” (some guy in an other thread said so, recently) and why do they seem to think bad ping can be advantageous? I don’t get it.