Why are the assult railguns twices as faast as the rapid fire railguns?

The title says it all. Shouldnt the rapid fire railguns shoot more rapidly than the assult?

The rapid fire railguns will be renamed soon.

The Shotgun effect is amazing, But it does not work in its current state, it needs to be much less spread out, and more localized.

I really hope you were right in this move Error, you know how i feel about rails, and how under powered and crappy they feel

be ready to hear me complain when this blows through ;O

the rapid fire rail guns were Reworked allready and thay work just fine …as it was intendened if you want to use them try a battle scanner but that will mean you cant carrie so much resistances Fire power or protection you have the choise

assault railguns are fine you can easily take everything down if you know the drill…

at one point i agree with you - the stabalized rails are crap dmg, rof are too low, spread too big

the same goes for the long range laser…not enough damage

The rapid fire railguns will be renamed soon.

I hope they get ReWorked To be honest… Railguns arent very popular atm , With pulse clearly being the fav.

the same goes for the long range laser…not enough damage

But it is a “long range laser” these can go very far and up to 10000km across the map, and being able to shoot those frigates who just cant reach is awesome :slight_smile:

I dont understand why ppl think the spread on stab rails is scrap. They will sync to 0° if you hold fire for a second.

If you like to suggest a rebalance for the stabs then feel free to open a thread. We already forewarded weapon rebalances.

Personally i think the stabs are close to where they need to be, and i am at a toss up between ROF or DMG buff (or a combo of the two) by 10-15%.

as for assault rails, they need more damage. To much rof makes them another assault plasma, and i think it should be different, and that means less rof, but more damage

as for rapid fire rails, they need less spread (-0.675)  And i predicts in the future, may need a damage change (either plus or minus depending; i suspect a 8-12% Damage buff)

Heavy rails need a large nerf, i put them around -28% Damage nerf. I also would like to see their ROF go to 60. Alternatively i am considering that all heavy weapons should be nerfed on their optimal from 3-4k, to 2-3k. I feel this change will help motivate frigates to get in mid/close range.

assault rails are just fine - it just takes some skill and training to use them…they are great against most empire ships, since they usually have a lower resistance to kinectic damage

I dont understand why ppl think the spread on stab rails is scrap. They will sync to 0° if you hold fire for a second.

If you like to suggest a rebalance for the stabs then feel free to open a thread. We already forewarded weapon rebalances.

Ill  make one :slight_smile:

Mmm Should i post int he suggestion thread r make a ocmpleatly new one?

I just wish there was a railgun that behaved like the rapid fire plasma gun.

assault rails are just fine - it just takes some skill and training to use them…they are great against most empire ships, since they usually have a lower resistance to kinectic damage

Well in theory only. Since Empire hull is weak in kinetic, most empire players will buff it to around 100 (because they have a huge hull hitpoints pool so resist in kinetic is a good investment). MY T3 fighter has 85/100/115 resist on hull, my T3 frigate got 98/113/128 resist on hull.

People that don’t fit resists just die in less than 5 seconds with an overdrive buff. Those who install resists do have nearly equal resists in all 3 damage department.

I spec my Kite to have 5300m range on my assault railguns its good times.

IMO all railguns could use a higher crit rate, since the 2% extra they have is hardly a defining feature.

Another thing I don’t like about them, is that there isn’t a true gatling style one.

Rapid-fire ones were a significant disappointment, despite being pretty cool in their own right, and even fixing them still dosen’t offer the same awesome feel a true gattling would give.

It would be awesome if there was a variant that offered Empire Override level firing rate, without requiring a speciffic ship to be used.