'White Noise' Jammer and IR Pulsar adjustment.

That would be great :slight_smile: Iā€™m online now.

Ā 

Alright, so roughly 9-10 seconds for 2c implant along with the proton wall.

6.8~ with a second proton, and 5.3 or so with a third. Ā out of 17.2 seconds of white noise.

(Rough numbers.)

So controlling effects reduction module/implant confirmed to not being additive.

Or, you know, take proper formula, and dont waste your timeā€¦

P.s. Wolfy you should hang aout with darkfox and betatrash, the like numbers puled out of thin air and then make balanse discussions based on those ā€œfactsā€

ā€¦Sometimes I wonder if youā€™re actually trying to contribute to the forums or notā€¦

Would be nice if the devs made all of the fomulas public, so we donā€™t have to assume half of the stuff they write is true.

• You should wonder about your math skills, even ignoring proper/not proper formula, you managed to get 2 different values for percentagesā€¦

• Without knowing basis you made assumptions that are 50%, (magnitude of 2x) off real values, that is a terrible ā€œtoleranceā€ for any balance thread.

• If you know that you donā€™t know formula or w/e, rather then come up with imaginary facts - ask for assistance, i can not remember a single person that was genuinely looking for help with advice on balance or mechanics that was left unanswered around here.

Ā 

PS. here, this has been posted many times already:

IfĀ  mod < 0 ThenĀ  newValue Ā =Ā  baseValue Ā / ( 1 -Ā  modĀ  )

IfĀ  mod Ā > 0 ThenĀ  newValue Ā =Ā  baseValue * ( 1 +Ā  modĀ  )

try applying numbers yourself first, if not successful we can review them later.

• You should wonder about your math skills, even ignoring proper/not proper formula, you managed to get 2 different values for percentagesā€¦

• Without knowing basis you made assumptions that are 50%, (magnitude of 2x) off real values, that is a terrible ā€œtoleranceā€ for any balance thread.

• If you know that you donā€™t know formula or w/e, rather then come up with imaginary facts - ask for assistance, i can not remember a single person that was genuinely looking for help with advice on balance or mechanics that was left unanswered around here.

Ā 

PS. here, this has been posted many times already:

IfĀ  mod < 0 ThenĀ  newValue Ā =Ā  baseValue Ā / ( 1 -Ā  modĀ  )

IfĀ  mod Ā > 0 ThenĀ  newValue Ā =Ā  baseValue * ( 1 +Ā  modĀ  )

try applying numbers yourself first, if not successful we can review them later.

Ā 

Like you with my previous comment, I have no idea what this means.

Also, I came up with two numbers because I added a % that wasnā€™t there.

in the end I showed the actual number in the end, if you read up anything.

Ā 

As for my assumptions, I expected that if I added one module that reduces effects by 39.2% along with another that

negates it by a further 23% that it would have simply have totaled itself out at a 62.2% reduction. I did not expect it to work like the shieldā€™s defense system, which reduces how much damage it can further more defend against at higher numbers. speaking of which, the % on the shield stops at a hard 75%, instead of continuing to count further. This may be a flaw in the system, or itā€™s a hard stop.Ā 

I am sure this is a rather large assumption with a great many people, even if it is wrong.

Ā 

The problem is that most module descriptions, if not all, are based off of real numbers, while what they actually do are not fully described when they are added with another like-module.

I donā€™t like going off of hidden numbers. I look at the balance of what the developers have actually written in the game.

Not quite what can only be found on the forums, and in confusing ā€˜formulasā€™ at that.

Ā 

For instance, I believed it would work like adding bonus crit damage, or chance.

Ā 

If anything, this is simply bad form. A practice that needs to be improved upon severely.Ā 

The player should not be left in the dark on a casual day.

If anything, this is simply bad form. A practice that needs to be improved upon severely.

This is not a bad form, this is a normal for majority games out there.

not required

Ā 

and please use suggestion area for suggestions!!!

not required

Ā 

and please use suggestion area for suggestions!!!

there was a suggestion area? xD

Iā€™ll be sure to use it. thanks.

Ā 

That being said, there was no *on-topic* areas for these suggestions for me to post inā€¦

Why not add in a *ships* area, or more categoryā€™s.

Itā€™s mainly the only reason I posted up here instead of down there.

Nothing ā€˜fitā€™ into the right category and I was afraid of being seen as *off-topic*. etc.

Where as up here, we have the ā€˜shipsā€™ area and so on.

Ā 

Although now I see that there is a listing in the main area in small, grey letters within the ā€˜tagsā€™.

Not very noticeableā€¦Ā