Which gameplays you prefer the most?

Which gameplays you prefer the most?

Cap the beacon and especially combat recon - literal deathmatches

Running after beacons got boring since there’s 3 modes centered around it (capture the beacons makes up for being realistic tho).

Dunno what to say about deto, i just don’t feel like it - deathmatch mostly, but it is many many times a one-sided match no matter what.

Combat recon #1

Capture the beacon/Beacon hunt/Domination #2’s

Detonation comes about 20th i think, I hate that mode since they made it so you can ALWAYS see the bomb’s location. Before you could do stealth approaches now if you do that you will be taken down before you get even close to their beacon and that is just boring. Now you either get to a beacon faster then your enemies, which is rare, or you go there with your whole team to plant.

Beacon Hunt needs fixing. Domination, Recon and Detonation are fine and fun to play, despite the hilariously silly disparities in some of the maps.

Detonation comes about 20th i think, I hate that mode since they made it so you can ALWAYS see the bomb’s location. Before you could do stealth approaches now if you do that you will be taken down before you get even close to their beacon and that is just boring. Now you either get to a beacon faster then your enemies, which is rare, or you go there with your whole team to plant.

My confused thoughts expressed in writing, thanks for clearing them!

Awareness should be taught and rewarded, not thrown in your face like to a total nub.

Any game mode with one point of interest will bog down the game flow and encourage the use of frigate spheres

Beacon Hunt with only 1 objective at a given time

Combat Recon where focus is on that one captain

Detonation  when teams are down to their last base

Domination is ok for the most part but in corp vs corp it will come down to that one beacon in the middle so same problems there

Capture the Beacons is probably the only one that suffers from a different problem - imbalanced teams that cannot be avoided

Beacon Hunt

+ forced team work as players on the same team have only one thing to focus on

- Frigball

- Nuke/Torp spam

Combat Recon

+ Most exciting gameplay (who gets excited over capping beacos? Being captain or Killing a captain or even defending your corp mate captain is fun)

+ Simple enough gameplay for strangers to work together most of the time

- Frigball

Seriously, Frigballs

Detonation

+ No beacons

+ Effects of team-work and support play more visible / rewarded ie. picking up EMP normally = insta death without support

- When teams have one base left the game slows down to a crawl

- Not all roles have equal value in this mode, certain ships are more important than others

Domination

+ Tactical

+ Simple enough for strangers to work together

- Corp versus Corp can end up linear as people only have to fight for the middle beacon

Capture the Beacon

+ Tactical

+ Really tactical

Teams can NEVER be fair

- Small games end up being First-One-To-Capture-Them-All race

I voted Domination because it’s the only one that doesn’t have any real problems on normal days. It only ends up being linear in massive corp games which is quite rare nowadays.

In order of preference;

Capture the Beacons

Combat Recon

Detonation

Domination

Beacon Hunt

Capture the Beacon

+ Tactical

+ Really tactical

Teams can NEVER be fair

- Small games end up being First-One-To-Capture-Them-All race

I find the smaller games are more likely to be a kill 'em all, unless your team is all interceptors and just rushing.

Corp squads grinding will want to end games fast. Better payout per hour thing.

My favourite is probably Capture the Beacons, although I feel like it needs a name change to something like “Survival” or “Last Man Standing”.

The one I simply cannot stand is Detonation. I would shed no tears if that mode vanished back into the abyss like it did around 0.8 or so.

The one I simply cannot stand is Detonation. I would shed no tears if that mode vanished back into the abyss like it did around 0.8 or so.

Mind sharing why?

It’s actually my favourite. Combat Recon is the best place to learn about the game but Deto is coordination amidst utter chaos.

Mind sharing why?

The fact that non-Inty classes feel undervalued. The fact fed covops rushing can pretty much ignore the entire opposition and plant. The fact planting doesn’t count for beacon capture challenges. The fact half the maps are clearly not designed for the mode. The fact it gives all the credit (and points) to one guy who planted and sod-all to the people who made it possible for him to plant in the first place.

To namr but a few reasons.

You typed namr. Your points invalidated.

Kine yours is also invalidated. Your grammar isn’t 100% either. 

And I hate detonation myself because it usually goes either of 3 ways:

1 team rushes all 3 beacons within 3 minutes

1 team plants 2 bombs in first 3 minutes, then needs another 8 to plant the last and keep the bombs in that whole time.

Both teams end up with 1 beacon and end with 50+ kills on either side and it ends after 12 minutes.

Kine yours is also invalidated. Your grammar isn’t 100% either. 

True, true.

I treat deto like a deathmatch and don’t give a rat’s a** about the bomb. I chase the enemy carrier, i shoot everything in my way down, and if i occasionally spot a tactical sneaky move available to plant i steal the bomb and plant it. The reason i don’t care about it is because people don’t pay attention at all to the events. Nobody cares there’s someone off grid carrying the bomb the other way, they just go where the bigger fluster cluck is and that’s it…

For combat recon i learnt which captain ships are worth going for in a single swoop. If it doesn’t happen to be one of those, then there will always be lemmings to pick off and get the advantage. Too bad this proven theory stands for both sides. So that would be my only dislike about the mode. One of the reasons i suggested ingame translation software so you can tell those foreign lemmings the plan as well and sit on their a**es with our captain when we have the upper hand and the enemy cap shows no weak spots. Oh, and i dislike the effectiveness of SD-CO squads, which mostly ruin the game instead of making it fun…

Capture the beacons is fair and square. No respawn nuke spamming, it rewards the better coordinated team, tactics count for real. Literally had 1 blitzkrieg yesterday with a random super-coordinated team, one of the best beacon capture matches ever. And another after it which even ended up with a few slug fests and alternative fluster clucks that were actually enjoyable, not one-sided, where both teams had all their players meet in a spot shooting each other in the face without holding back at all like you usually see. This was THEE MATCH OF ALL CAPTURE THE BEACONS and the best match ever played.

Beacon hunt is just… not gonna talk about it, i just simply hate it the most, it’s awful imo, at least the way it works now with beacons having a strict order of lighting up.

Domination… better than beacon hunt, a lot worse than cap the beacons, but it mainly revolves only around the middle beacon. If you call for some of your team to help you with a stealth attack on the 3rd beacon while unguarded and take it before the enemy starts moving to defend… well good luck with that because it just won’t happen - either no response or way too late to have any impact. Unfortunately this affects capture the beacons as well.

HINT: distraction is a legit and very very well working tactic…

Those are my current feelings for the different modes atm, and as stated, combat recon and capture the beacons are my 1st place favourite, domination second, deto 3rd, and i don’t even want to see beacon hunt again…

Detonation:

Pros:

• Fights can get super intense, and the usefulness of tactical nukes is severely limited (a plus for any game mode).
  • Superior tactics win or at least prolong most battles. Teams that lack the ability to work together will usually lose quickly.
  • A chance to be selfless, acting as a sacrificial lamb so a Guard uses up its Pulsar or a Long Range Jericho frigate its torpedo.
  • Diminished necessity of the bubble gun.
  • On what other game mode am I going to score over a dozen kills and assists in my Long Range Frigate?
  • Most matches, long or short, are extremely intense. I have witnessed several teams recover from losing two out of three beacons at the start only to systematically sweep the other team (usually medium-sized matches).

Cons:

• Matches are either short sprints (leaving one team without the chance to earn points) or marathon deathmatches.
  • If your team does not realize that the shift from all-out sprint to deathmatch has occured, you are powerless to prevent a loss.
  • Losing the bomb at the last second before completing a plant is probably the worst feeling I have experienced thus far in Star Conflict. Now you know you are going to die, and it was probably for nothing.
  • Some ships can not drop the EMP bomb without self-destructing if they accidentally pick it up.

As far as I know these ships can drop the bomb at will:

1. Gunship: Combat Reboot active module
  2. Tackler: Chameleon special module
  3. Recon: Micro-Warp special module
  4. ECM:  Metastable Energy Field Generator special module
  5. Engineer: Warp Gate active module (With regards to this method, I guess any ship can drop the bomb this way. I don’t see it as a viable option though since most Engineers want to save Warp Gate as an escape tool, and the cooldowns are awful now at 240, 220, 180 and 164 seconds).

Capture the beacons is fair and square.

It can never.

1. Even number of ships per team is rare. You get 32 ships vs 28 or some such quite alot

2. Equal balance of ship quality + Equal number of ships … for both sides? almost improbable

3. Beginner vs Veteran effects also more pronounced. People who played longer have a bigger inventory which matters in realistic mode.

4. A single disconnect is a handicap you will feel

5. A single beginner on your team is a handicap you will feel

6. Fleet composition will almost always be very difficult to organize and rarely the opportunity to compensate

• compare that to how you can fine tune your composition in combat recon for example
  1. Corp squad factor is amplified in realistic where damage is permanent

• and a host of others

To be fair - this game mode is deeply tactical and one or two ‘unfair’ elements of the game mode is a mini game unto itself which can be and usually is interesting. But as a lobby based game, Realistic Mode really is T5 only or Tournament mode deal. Day to day grinding - the game type shouldn’t be included in MM rotation imho.

and the usefulness of tactical nukes is severely limited (a plus for any game mode)

With enough CovOps and understanding to match, no one can wait around long enough to plant EMPs. Don’t see it often though so I guess it’s ok. But if you drop a nuke as the enemy is approaching and you timed it right he’ll either have to wait it out and die or attempt to plant and die. Factor in 6 or more CovOps per side and you get a pretty neat defense.

Maybe it’s just my view on it, reffered to the combat and gameplay more than MM, which is partially another story. I don’t really die in it and always blow plenty of enemy ships up… And ofc perform tactical assaults and cap beacons.

PS: i didn’t consider MM in either of my descriptions, but rather got down to each game type’s core gameplay.

well yea - if MM gets it right Realistic Mode shouldn’t be too bad…

Look at all the matches where one side had double the efficiency points of the other.  I’ve yet to see it be addressed by the devs.