when I heard that valour would become xenochip unlocked

5aafabfedfb07_download(6).jpg.62ced23108003b686a384f75d847e34a.jpg

this seriously feels like it wasn’t a coincidence though, THANK YOU SC DEVS!

Valor is bae

1 minute ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Valor is bae

yeah, I started trying to get it when I found out styx was gonna get screwed over in the engineer GFU, I wonder if those ships are going to get any unique gear, hopefully valour gets a deployable turret or something

3 minutes ago, evo888 said:

yeah, I started trying to get it when I found out styx was gonna get screwed over in the engineer GFU, I wonder if those ships are going to get any unique gear, hopefully valour gets a deployable turret or something

Judging by the atlas, all engis are getting screwed over in the engi update. Nothing but heal modules by the looks of things.

Someone needs to start an “Engineers don’t just heal” campaign and bug the devs about it.

5 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Judging by the atlas, all engis are getting screwed over in the engi update. Nothing but heal modules by the looks of things.

Someone needs to start an “Engineers don’t just heal” campaign and bug the devs about it.

sapper engineers are my favourite, plus tbh the ‘pendulum’ module is still interesting, I’m just mad that so many R9 frigates are getting only one item, and in most cases it is hilariously situational and pointless

Valor was once a glorious ship

I miss those times

where in the settings do you set your map to be that?

Monochrome map toggle.

Well , yes, noticed it too, what could one say?!

The guards got good and necessary love by the devs multiple times, now.

The last love they gave to the engineer role was the Wazgot with its many new modules. Sadly only one interesting engineer module in the Atlas, in regard to the GFU (global fleet upgrade)

Yes indeed, the Valor was a very good ship. The ‘engineer meta’ was changed towards slow, tanky empire engineer builds, though, since long, its like a guard developer did a job on engineers ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Here are the new modules and weapons from the Atlas (w/specs):

Fuse blaster 12
EM weapon
frigate engineering
ranks 8-12
DPS             325 dmg/s
damage (EM)     649 dmg
rof             30 round/min
crit chance     10 %
crit bonus      50 %
range           4000 m
spread          1 deg
overheating     8/4 s
a powerful electromagnetic weapon

EM dissolvers 9
EM weapon
alligator mk2 & premium ships of same role
ranks 5-9
DPS             292 dmg/s
damage (EM)     389 dmg
rof             45 rounds/min
crit chance     5 %
crit bonus      50 %
project speed   4000-10000 m/s
range (max)     3700 m
overheating     6/2 s
when it hits an ally releases nanodrones restoring the ally’s hull by 250 pts. when an enemy is critically hit the host’s damage resistance increases by 25 pts for 10 s. projectile speed grows with uninterrupted fire.

Commitment 5
active module
engi module
raptor a & premium ships of same role
ranks 1-5
active time     1 s
energy          65 en
revharge        55 s
burns all energy in activation. for each energy unit above own consumption, all allies in range receive 5.6 shield pts and all enemies receive 7.5 EM damage

Commitment 13
active module
engi module
raptor a & premium ships of same role
ranks 9-13
active time     1 s
energy          100 en
revharge        52 s
burns all energy in activation. for each energy unit above own consumption, all allies in range receive 5.6 shield pts and all enemies receive 7.5 EM damage

Particle Explosion 6
active module
engi module
raptor mk2 & premium ships of same role
ranks 2-6
dmg (EM)        3396 dmg
range (max)     5000 m
recharge        35 s
energy          200 en
no description

Repair projector 9
active module
engi module
hydra 2 & premium ships of same role
ranks 4-8
active time     7 s
energy          20 en
energy consum   255 en/s
recharge        40 s
forms a cone with 350 m base. allies in the cone have their hulls restored by 1520 pts/s

Repair projector 17
active module
engi module
naga & premium ships of same role
ranks 12-17
active time     7 s
energy          30 en
energy consum   383 en/s
recharge        40 s
forms a cone with 350 m base. allies in the cone have their hulls restored by 1810 pts/s

Explosive restoration 8
active module
engi module
alligator m & premium ships of same role
ranks 4-8
active time     10 s
energy          300 en
recharge        40 s
when an enemy is hit allies in 750 m range from hit zone have 4077 hull pts restored

Explosive restoration 17
active module
engi module
ranks 11-17
active time     10 s
energy          420 en
recharge        40 s
when an enemy is hit allies in 750 m range from hit zone have 4854 hull pts restored

Twins barrier 9
active module
engi module
alligator mk2 & premium ships of same role
ranks 5-9
active time     3 s
energy          300 en
recharge        55 s
the host and an ally marked as target become invulnerable for 2.5 s and restore 5936 hull pts if their durability goes below 5 % while the effect is active. only works if an ally is marked as target

Twins barrier 14
active module
engi module
grizzly m & premium ships of same role
ranks 10-14
active time     3 s
energy          420 en
recharge        55 s
the host and an ally marked as target become invulnerable for 2.5 s and restore 7014 hull pts if their durability goes below 5 % while the effect is active. only works if an ally is marked as target

Pendulum module 11
active module
engi module
styx & premium ships of same role
ranks 7-11
active range    2000 m
energy          300 en
recharge        0.5 s
two-mode module. press the activation key to switch modes. always active.
a) defence mode:
increase hull defence for the host and the nearest ally in range by 20 pts (default)
b) offence mode:
increase crit hit chance for the host and the nearest ally in range by 12% in range.

Energy-compensating projectile 10
active module
engi module
anaconda & premium ships of same role
ranks 6-10
damage          5720 dmg
range (max)     4500 m
recharge        55 s
energy          300 en
launches a grenade. detonation creates a 750 m area for 10 s where allies restore shields at 630 pts/s and enenies have their shield and hull regeneration speed reduced by 90%.

Energy-compensating projectile 17
active module
engi module
ranks 13-17
damage          6812 dmg
range (max)     4500 m
recharge        55 s
energy          420 en
launches a grenade. detonation creates a 750 m area for 10 s where allies restore shields at 750 pts/s and enenies have their shield and hull regeneration speed reduced by 90%.

Med evac 12
active module
engi module
garm & premium ships of same role
ranks 8-12
active time     6 s
energy          500 en
recharge        50 s
jumps to an ally marked as target but no further than 5000 m. while the ally is in module’s range its hull is restored at xy pts/s.

Nano devourers 12
active module
engi module
minotaur & premium ships of same role
ranks 8-12
active time     5 s
energy          650 en
recharge        48 s
upon hitting the target nanobots start devouring 134 hull per s. then they restore the hull of the closest ally in 500 m range by 3250 pts.

Meteor accelerator module 13
hull modifier
engi module
minotaur & premium ships of same role
ranks 9-13
at speed above max your hull receives 50 thermal damage resistance pts. at max energy reserve critical hit chance increases by 12%.

Dual shields 8
shield modifier
engi module
ranks 4-8
the shields of your ships and the clostest ally in 750m range regenerate at 161 pts/s.

Dual shields 14
shield modifier
engi module
grizzly m & premium ships of same role
ranks 10-15
the shields of your ships and the clostest ally in 750m range regenerate at 225 pts/s.

Reserve boosters 5
engine modifier
engi module
raptor m & premium ships of same role
not for allien ships
ranks 1-5
when shields are lost increases speed and maneuverability by 50% for 12 s. activates once every 65 s.

Reserve boosters 17
engine modifier
engi module
t rex & premium ships of same role
not for allien ships
ranks 13-17
when shields are lost increases speed and maneuverability by 50% for 12 s. activates once every 60 s.

Ally recharge 8
capacitor modifier
ranks 4-8
restores 14 eng per second for each ally in 2000 m range but not more than 72 pts/s.

Ally recharge 17
capacitor modifier
ranks 12-17
restores 14 eng per second for each ally in 2000 m range but not more than 84 pts/s.

Mass drone boost 10
CPU modifier
ranks 6-10
all ally drones in 1000m have their damage increased by 30% and hull repaired at 150 pts/s.

Echidna processor 12
CPU modifier
garm & premium ships of same role
ranks 8-12
speed threshhold   5%
when speed is below the threshold active engineering module range increased by 20%.

Valor is still bae with this thing on it ;D

eKelAs7.png

What about those players who already got all Premium ships? Shouldn’t you add something extra for them? We get nothing, again!

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

this: did it already , not much response, everyone and their grandma like to fly quick killer meta ships  ![:(:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/(.png “:(:”)

13 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Valor is still bae with this thing on it ;D

eKelAs7.png

does it have explosion damage? a bit +range but why the spread ( and lower projctile speed)? engineers need their cpu slot for other things than  [Electronic guidance] … like [Engineering regenerator 17] (hull heal on enemy killed in range, from Wazgot) or [Spatial scanner 17] (for open space)!!!

welp. i had hoped they would be smart enough to include something like the old adaptive for fed engies, because they suffered most from adaptive hull nerf.

on the other hand, that should be a module available to all engies anyway.

i think i will ignore most of these modules, engies would have needed more passive modules, instead of so many active modules with funky mechanics. e.g. some nice strafing for the grizzly.

but well, let the gunship players tell them what to do, thats a good idea. because for them the engi is just the one player who has to sit there and heal them in their glorious conquest. even if that can be covered with the brokk or naga anyway, and you would not need a whole role for it.

22 minutes ago, Koromac said:

What about those players who already got all Premium ships? Shouldn’t you add something extra for them? We get nothing, again!

what? premium ships can use all modules, isnt that nice enough?

does it have explosion damage?

That’s the raw Weapon with no modules and just SuperNova Ammunition and Implants

47 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Yes indeed, the Valor was a very good ship. The ‘engineer meta’ was changed towards slow, tanky empire engineer builds, though, since long, its like a guard developer did a job on engineers ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

the engineer meta was always slow tanky empire builds, as far as i can remember. flying the valor without getting eaten alive was always a challenge and required smart use of turn keys and modules, and still it was very vulnerable to focus fire. only a handful of pilots were mad enough to fly it as main engi.

removal of turn keys and adaptive nerf (both intended to nerf interceptors) killed it, but it was already quite rare to begin with, and fed engies never had that much prominence.

octopus does not really count here, and since brokk and wazgot, are also quite rare.

Spark for Xenochips? → i should have bought golden eagle instead… damn

1 hour ago, Rakza said:

That’s the raw Weapon with no modules and just SuperNova Ammunition and Implants

Yes - compared it with Coil mortar and Eclipse launcher (on Valor which has only 1 cpu modifier slot)

I would prefer eclipse most of the time, because I need the CPU slot (as I said, sorry for doublette here)

But I want explosion dmage plüs auto aim  like all the others have it ![:006:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006.png “:006:”) ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Please see my engineer fleet upgrade poll, here:

6 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Yes - compared it with Coil mortar and Eclipse launcher (on Valor which has only 1 cpu modifier slot)

I would prefer eclipse most of the time, because I need the CPU slot (as I said, sorry for doublette here)

Please see my engineer fleet upgrade poll, here:

Why would you need a CPU slot for that weapon? That Spread is no problem at all.

Maybe you are right, but - Well then, why implement the spread of 1.0° in the first place if it was “no problem at all” ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

lets have standard grandma auto aim and snap in cross-hair visials here too!!! and : 9km max range builds ![:006:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006.png “:006:”)