what relics would you like to see?

“During decryption of the data obtained in the expedition engineers promise to recreate not only the weapons or active modules, but also the ships themselves, whose blueprints were lost in ancient times.”

so yeah, weapons, modules, and ships. wait a second, what star conflict worthy ships exist in modern technology? (p.s. for those of you who are saying “why does it need to be modern technology?”, go to this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M61_Vulcan, the Vulcan is a modern weapon, let’s assume everything else will be too)

so, what relic ideas do you have?

-Buran shuttle (this is a bit of a joke)

federation engineering frigate (I see this ship being r8, but the developers could give it an ellydium style rank-up method if they choose)

this ship has very low survivability, but a high maximum speed, its special module is:

“sputnik” drones

this module causes a number of drones to orbit and repair the ship, the drones will fire projectiles applying a spy drones effect to enemies they hit (the drones will not do damage however)

on activation one of the drones heals nearby allies by a medium amount and then shuts off, I picture this ability having a max of 4 drones at a time,

edit: drones would not have any method of attack and would simply heal you and nearby allies while in passive mode

-flamethrower

interceptor thermal weapon firing a jet of thermite, applies a damage over time effect and deals large amounts of damage, however it has a few seconds before it overheats. can only use certain ammunition types

-superheated thermite ammunition

ammunition type, can only be used by the flamethrower, increases D.O.T. duration. (can be purchased normally at any time, you don’t need to assemble this ammunition)

-pressurized thermite ammunition

ammunition type, can only be used by the flamethrower, increases range. (can be purchased normally at any time, you don’t need to assemble this ammunition)

-nuclear reactor

capacitor mod

greatly increases capacitor regeneration, deals a tiny bit of thermal damage to nearby enemies at all times,

M.A.C. (Magnetically Accelerated Cannon, yes this is modern technology)

destroyer kinetic weapon firing similarly to a coil mortar, has a VERY high projectile speed, range, and damage. however the spread, rate of fire, and projectile size will leave something to be desired

A big bulky kinetic cannon for destroyers ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

A big bulky kinetic cannon for destroyers ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Super Mario Style? Or just a giant gun that fires once every 5 seconds and makes big conventional/explosive projectile boom? I dunno, kinda comical at this point. ;p

Whoa, we’re supposed to actually suggest stuff here? ;o

I suggest changing sputnik drones to: Causes drones to damage yourself for 50k thermal.

Flamethrower wouldn’t synergize with destroyer’s slow speed, so I suggest 600m/s minimum speed, and you cannot slow down, with 20x hull damage.

Bombs. We need bombs.

Inhibitor crystal is a quite good adaptation of bombs, but something available to more ships may be cool.

10 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Bombs. We need bombs.

Yeah, those could be nice. Some single dropped bombs for interceptors, and some carpet bombing salvo of downward launched timed bombs for fighters.

And doomsday missile should be frigate only; it’s a heavy variant of cruise missile anyway. Bombs would be more fitting for smaller ships.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎21 at 9:04 PM, betatrash said:

Super Mario Style? Or just a giant gun that fires once every 5 seconds and makes big conventional/explosive projectile boom? I dunno, kinda comical at this point. ;p

I suggest changing sputnik drones to: Causes drones to damage yourself for 50k thermal.

Flamethrower wouldn’t synergize with destroyer’s slow speed, so I suggest 600m/s minimum speed, and you cannot slow down, with 20x hull damage.

-a bullet bill would be funny, but it isn’t happening and we both know it.

-yes, you are.

-you’re kidding, right?

-destroyer? it’s a weapon for INTERCEPTORS.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, betatrash said:

this is a serious thread, continued tomf***ery will result in your posts being reported

edit: Must have mixed this post up with another.

2 minutes ago, betatrash said:

Fine then, seriously? Healing abilities don’t belong on destroyers, just as they don’t belong on Thug’Ras. I will not support the use of these features. I mean, they already exist, and we don’t need more of them.

you know that it is a frigate and not a destroyer, right?

this is the second time you have gotten a fact wrong to support your opinion,

Yea, I must have been tired when I read it, or I mixed it up with another post. But honestly, re-reading it now, they make even less sense.

Engineers with spy drones? Just seems like a lazy way to decloak camo stealthed units without the need for a recon/micro. aka Buff engineers, reduce effectiveness of recons further.

Inties don’t need AoE, they need to focus targets, so such weaponry probably wouldn’t get much use.

edit: Well, there is Tai’Kin… which has AoE… :\

Nuclear Reactor: Really don’t need more AoE in this game, especially one that is always active, and can be abused on Darts/Commands.

Imo, the only viable suggestion here is the large Kinetic Cannon, aka Super Mario Gun.

1 minute ago, betatrash said:

Yea, I must have been tired when I read it, or I mixed it up with another post. But honestly, re-reading it now, they make even less sense.

Engineers with spy drones? Just seems like a lazy way to decloak camo stealthed units without the need for a recon/micro. aka Buff engineers, reduce effectiveness of recons further.

Inties don’t need AoE, they need to focus targets, so such weaponry probably wouldn’t get much use.

Nuclear Reactor: Really don’t need more AoE in this game, especially one that is always active, and can be abused on Darts/Commands.

Imo, the only viable suggestion here is the large Kinetic Cannon, aka Super Mario Gun.

thank you for your feedback,