What if - the player retention cool rewards daily bonus system.

Not sure if this really is social, but I always saw the daily rewards as a social system; well, I will explain why.

At the moment we have this daily reward system

For the 1st day in the game you receive:
A random Workshop component
For the 2nd day in the game you receive:
A random Workshop component and an ‘Apocalypse’ missile.
For the 3rd day in the game you receive:
A random Workshop component, plus one or two ‘Apocalypse’ missiles.
You get a small chance to receive a random bonus reward (1 item from the list):

• A Monocrystal.
  • 10 000 free synergy.
  • 1 Duplicator
    For the 4th day in the game you receive:
    A random Workshop component and 2-5 ‘Apocalypse’ missiles.
    Plus a significant chance to receive a random bonus reward (1 item from the list):
  • 1 or 3 Monocrystals.
  • 10 000 or 50 000 free synergy.
  • 1 or 3 Duplicators
    If you launch the game for the 5th day in a row you receive:
    A random Workshop component and 2-5 ‘Apocalypse’ missiles.
    Plus a guaranteed random reward (1 item from the list):
  • from 1 to 10 Monocrystals.
  • from 10 000 to 100 000 free synergy.
  • from 1 to 10 Duplicators
    Plus a chance to receive a Т5 Mk5 weapon blueprint

Don’t get me wrong, these are nice rewards. Maybe not needed for all, but they are nice.

They keep players at the ball. At least it is lucrative to return daily.

However, this brings up the question: what to do if you only need some of these items?

And: while you had a license for day 5, which gave the incentive to play, how about now? Isn’t this making you more passive, since now you just log in en masse, but no need to play to get more?

So I theorize about an addition to this system, which increases the rewards, but adds a requirement to it: you have to play to unlock the rest.

You receive the stated prices on each day once you log in.

(The numbers 3 and 5 are placeholders:)

Explanation:

Any PvP, SecCon, SpecOps, PvE counts, if you lost or won, and you can do it any time the day, after any daily double bonus which you complete first.

So you gotta win once, to start the counter. You have to be present at the finish of the game (disconnects do not count)

If you play 3 games, you get one of the missed optional rewards for that day, and if you play 5, you get the third.

It is still a random chance how much you get, but you get more, and there is an incentive to play.

Day 1:

3rd game: credits

5th game: vouchers

Day 2:

3rd game: moar credits

5th game: moar vouchers

Day 3:

What you missed, after game 3 or 5:

• A Monocrystal.
  • 10 000 free synergy.
  • 1 Duplicator

Day 4:

• 1 or 3 Monocrystals.
  • 10 000 or 50 000 free synergy.
  • 1 or 3 Duplicators

Day 5:

• from 1 to 10 Monocrystals.
  • from 10 000 to 100 000 free synergy.
  • from 1 to 10 Duplicators

Additional:

If you played 25 games or more the week, you get a one day license (so you unlocked all, or at least played up the missed games another day, without actually receiving the rewards).

There would be a minigame involved, since you can play up 25 games before the fifth day, and start with a license after first victory on 5th; or wait until the end of day 5 to unlock the license for the next day…

I know, this might be too much, but it would create an incentive to play the game, not just log in, and get the stuff you actually wanted to win, and maybe also the edge of rewards this game somehow desperately needs. 3 and 5 are placeholders. you still get the same rewards if you just visit daily. you still have to visit daily, and you only unlock as far as you got: if you did day 1 and day 2, and miss, you will not have additional rewards for day 1 and day 2, but day 3, etc. since the counter is already set for day 1 and day 2 (except you miss on purpose because you forgot to unlock day 1 and day 2)

The counter resets with the day 1 bonus after the day 5 bonus reset, but not before.

Should be fairly easy to implement and optimized not much data (i think ~7 bytes min per player)

As a player you do not have to think much. You just play your daily games as usual, and get some stuff. And you can get all the rewards in equal chance - only random element for you is “how much” of each you get.

It would be interesting to know who came up with the bright idea to hand out “Doomsday\Apocalypse” missile as reward. 

So now in T1 you have a missile that deals more damage than dang near 2/3rds of the ships flying around.   Oh being in T1 your chances of succesfully dodging 1 is extremely low.  

T2 is a bit iffy  but T3 and up well you should be able to deal with it.

I agree with G4borg  though … an incentive if you not only log in but particpate in multiple games.     

Great idea. +1

Devs stated they will stay with this reward system - so sorry

it is a proposition for an addition to the reward system, not a change.

i assume you forwarded something

that counts.

well, we talked about it, so this is the reply

I personally do not decline suggestions (usually)