Weapons have slower rate of fire

1. Description of the problem, what happened: some weapons fire slower than they should, based on weapon stats description

2. What did you expected to happen: that weapons would fire as they used to, specially according to the firerate stated in each weapon description, regardless of any modifier affecting firerate.

3. The conditions during the situation: happens at any time. In the case of meson cannon (not sure if it also happens with other guns) its rate of fire is extremately slow when not using any bonus to it, but normalizes after using one.

4. Further details on the issue: a) Meson cannon fires at 360 RPM instead of 500 without any ROF bonus. When using any ROF bonus (like iridium heatsink or R11 middle implant) it fires at the proper speed.
    b) Assault railguns fire at 180 RPM instead of 200 without any ROF bonus.
    c) Mass driver seems to be firing slightly slower than usual at base ROF (about 225 RPM instead of 235).

5. Frequency of occurrence: always, anywhere, no exception.

6. Logs attached.

7. If possible, the time when it happend. In this case we will be able to look more closely to the server logs. Also mention your time zone: no need, just to mention (as other says) that it started after some updates and its been that way since then.

8. Information on the configuration of your computer (DxDiag): uugghh…not this time xD

9. The results of this [program](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/) if the bug report is related to connection issues: hehe

10. If the complaint is related to Sector Conquest, it is necessary to specify the location and time + timezone of the happening: previously stated.

game.zip

All weapons should get checked, including RF Blaster, Plasma gun, Coil Mortars, etc.

xKostyan should know more. We once had such bug with slow-motion firing weapons or incorrect rate of fire. They never fully fixed it.

atm al weapons except <100 RPM are bugged.

It must be the vtec solenoid malfunctioning…

It’s been like this for several versions as of now. It’s kind of annoying.

Yep, noticed that, too. Mesons used to be like: pewpewpewpewpewpew and now they only go: pew…(akward silence)…pew…(cough)…pew…(snore)…pew.

(T3 meson without rof buff compared to buffed mesons of higher tiers)

Oh, so it’s why meson, railguns and coils feels so slow in t3

I thought the 8% RoF changed everything. 

I haven’t used them in a while so it might be a subjective feeling, but Gauss Cannons seem to charge at a slower rate as well.

I only know that I never changed my builds, but like 5-6 patches ago, fire rate despite the same statistics on my Mauler (Coil Mortar - Fire support speedruns) got much slower.

Those, who played the game constantly, noticed this. But the problem is that all weapons got affected by this glitch that I call “slow-mo”.

This bug was once present as well, but it seems that it resurfaced.

IT SHOULD AND MUST BE FIXED.

Someone should create a full and extensive bug report, with all accurate descriptions and logs included. All weapons should be re-tested!

Is there any legal external application, that can actually detect the fire rate, because this is a job for people with scripts and tools, not us.

We can only pinpoint the problem, but so far, we got ignored.

Yesterday I was using Commands Phaser and shot the Pre explosion blast and it was super slow. So its not just the fire rate its also the speed of the projectile at least for the phaser for command. Its great for beacon denial but considering how slow it is getting there now trying to measure the distance at to which its finally where I want it is different now. It takes getting used to so if this is a bug then I will yet again have to get used to that again ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

10 hours ago, Koromac said:

I only know that I never changed my builds, but like 5-6 patches ago, fire rate despite the same statistics on my Mauler (Coil Mortar - Fire support speedruns) got much slower.

Those, who played the game constantly, noticed this. But the problem is that all weapons got affected by this glitch that I call “slow-mo”.

Someone should create a full and extensive bug report, with all accurate descriptions and logs included. All weapons should be re-tested!

Is there any legal external application, that can actually detect the fire rate, because this is a job for people with scripts and tools, not us.

Yup, everyting tagged as projectile in the codding (even lasers i guess) seem to be slowly getting on their way to the Mass Effect of, Spec Ops Meson Cannon wing.

There as aso been some weird Vigi mines movements. Seems visual only but sometime they jiggle/ buzz-around

I thought something felt weird with the assault railguns RPM. It’s been feeling a bit slow lately.

RF Blaster. I know the animation changed but the damage, shown over target, pop-up slow(less hit?) and dmg does not seems to equate to the RoF. Look last battle on eagle.

Both game.net and game log are in the archive.

On 01/01/2017 at 7:17 AM, Koromac said:

Should i make a new thread for the RF Blaster and put my log there or here is fine?

Game&gameNet.rar

By the way, any of you old members can pm Skula or something so he takes a look at this post?. Surprising to have no answers, with now 2 log from 2 different person.

Good morning, [@Skula1975](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239039-skula1975/)

Any news on this issue?

We reported this on RF blaster ages ago. AdamWest even made a video if I remember correctly, although I can’t find the thread.

Finally improved the description section, sry for the delay ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

On 1.1.2017 at 9:24 AM, Swifter43021 said:

I thought the 8% RoF changed everything. 

RoF ??

And … isn’t the steering reworked also? In dessy play at least the crosshairs is focussed in center even in look around (ctrl) mode. Basic/Expert deliver no difference any more.

RoF = rate of fire. We are talking about the speed at which guns shoot. Aiming is another subject we arent touching.

How did you measure true RoF?