Weapon Crowns

Now that the devs have officially thrown away the whole “colour needs to be standardised because newbies” nonsense with alien weapons, I suggest that another slot be added for weapons that changes their colour. The modifiers should be obtainable via crafting or also special ones via events.

I call them weapon “crowns” because changing the material of a crown on an actual weapon will also change the colour of the flash. (Depending on the weapon.) Changing the actual ammunition material also results in various effects. Or even simply tipping the bullets with certain materials will work. For Plasma, the type of gas used affects the colour and for thermal it could simply be different lenses/filters.

Like variants of Copper for green or blue and Sodium compounds for orange and so on.

you have a strange mind fox, welcome home +1 lol

On 11/8/2016 at 11:14 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Now that the devs have officially thrown away the whole “colour needs to be standardised because newbies” nonsense with alien weapons, I suggest that another slot be added for weapons that changes their colour. The modifiers should be obtainable via crafting or also special ones via events.

I call them weapon “crowns” because changing the material of a crown on an actual weapon will also change the colour of the flash. (Depending on the weapon.) Changing the actual ammunition material also results in various effects. Or even simply tipping the bullets with certain materials will work. For Plasma, the type of gas used affects the colour and for thermal it could simply be different lenses/filters.

Like variants of Copper for green or blue and Sodium compounds for orange and so on.

Do you want to make it craftable and permanent or consumable?. Because, if it’s consumable it could be a good idea changing this components for “100 credits reward” in OS.

2 hours ago, ntboble said:

Do you want to make it craftable and permanent or consumable?. Because, if it’s consumable it could be a good idea changing this components for “100 credits reward” in OS.

Either or. I believe that some standard colours would be consumables but other more detailed ones like rainbow or metal or alien would be forever-use.