Weapon color changes with ammunation

Hello Star Conflict community :slight_smile:

I have a (maybe) new idea for the weapons and their projectile colors. My idea is that the color depends on your ammunation. So a plasma weapon changes the color into a red-orange when you use the supernova ammunation. The colors of the projetiles should be nearly equal like the color of the ammunation picture.

And if you want to see a different between normal ammunation and ammunation from the open world, the open world ammunations should be in the colors of the biomorph projectiles.

You have two advantages with this change:

1. You can better see what is shooting at you (maybe damage powered plasma weapons or range increased lasers).

2. Some guys would like their favourite weapon in another color, now you can have this with changing your ammunation :slight_smile:

This has been suggested already, while I would like it to be implemented, a lot of people said that it would be “too confusing”.

Too confusing? Nonsense. We’ve go the ability to see the type of damage being dealt on our HUD.

I want a rave in space!

Actually it already is colored coded with weapon type. 

For instance, if you see yellow rockets, its Kinetic. Red is thermal, and blue is EM. 

Also weapons are the same thing. Heck the factions have there own ship trail color. 

Red = Jericho

Yellow = Empire

Blue = Federation

Purple = Pirate

For instance, if you see yellow rockets, its Kinetic. Red is thermal, and blue is EM.

Also weapons are the same thing. Heck the factions have there own ship trail color.

Red = Jericho

Yellow = Empire

Blue = Federation

Purple = Pirate

Green = Alien

Thanks, forgot that one. (Note: I never really play invasion, so yeah, thanks!) 

Red = Jericho

Yellow = Empire

Blue = Federation

Purple = Pirate

You got to be referencing the wrong game, I don’t think there are anything but EM weapons.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the weapon colour alterations. (WE CAN HAVE A SPACE RAVE!!!)

You got to be referencing the wrong game, I don’t think there are anything but EM weapons.

In fact, current metagame favors kinetic and thermal weapons. Em weapons are not popular. Bubbles got nerfed. Plasma gun was rebalanced and RFB atm struggles vs pulse laser. Positrons seems to be hard to use for most players.

. Positrons seems to be hard to use for most players.

Explain this. Because I use them and I kill nigh EVERYTHING with those guns. Whats so hard about them? 

Explain this. Because I use them and I kill nigh EVERYTHING with those guns. Whats so hard about them? 

I use them in all LRFs. I find them very powerful, but most people prefer the heavy “Dakka dakka dakka” of the coil mortars / heavy blasters, or the insane range of the laser beams.

In fact I see very few frigates with positrons nowadays.

I use them in all LRFs. I find them very powerful, but most people prefer the heavy “Dakka dakka dakka” of the coil mortars / heavy blasters, or the insane range of the laser beams.

In fact I see very few frigates with positrons nowadays.

I have to tend to agree with you. I used to build for EM resistance, but only realized that most are using Kinetic and Thermal weapons, so there was no need. 

Positrons on a T2 LRF with an experienced pilot, yields insane results. 

Anything on a T2 anything with an experienced pilot, yields insane results. 

Yes.

Yes.

You sly dog you, but you are right. Want to come and squad with me in T2? lol. 

To back on the topic :

We already have color for the damage type.

But why not modifying the particules?

Would be funny to have singularity cannon launching big squares or AR shooting à kind of arrows

i’d like the idea. red beams with dark spots on them for long range, thicker beams which are orange on the side for short ranged high-dmg beams etc. that would be awesome

>reads thread title

Ammu-Nation-GTA3-Portland-exterior.jpg

???

Long time ago, we used to have differents colours and projectiles design depending of the ammunition used with the old weapon system :slight_smile: