We need matchmaking Settings

Hey Guys!

First i wanna say i really really love this Game! Its awesome!

But!..

I have T5 ships now. And in 90% of my T5 matches im in a 1on1 or 2on2 match (with a few bots on each side).

And it sucks! It sucks so hard, that T5 is totaly unplayable for me.

Currently im playing T1-T3 because there is everytime enough people to make big teams.

I know about the problem, that there’s not very much T5 players online at the same time and the matchmakingsystem tries to make smaller teams…but PLEASE make it optional!

I would wait 10 or 15 minutes to find a 10+vs10+ battle instead of waiting just 3 minutes and playing a battle that makes no fun.

So please add some options to the matchmaking!

Are there other players with the same opinion? Or are there some reasons why this wouldnt be a good idea?

Hope there will be a few good comments :slight_smile:

Regards

etox

Because you will be the only player waiting for 10 - 15 minutes while everyone else in T5 either waits for 4 minutes and settle for a bot match or they went back down to tier 3/4.

Welcome to the forum btw.

I think, that a lot of people would use this option. I don’t think im the only one who dislike the botmatches :confused:

Easy contracts, synergy

Tbh. I really love 3v3s, especially in a 3-man-squad, since you can see exactly, why you lost (your fault). No more accusations like “Newb team” etc.  

Tbh. I really love 3v3s, especially in a 3-man-squad, since you can see exactly, why you lost (your fault). No more accusations like “Newb team” etc.  

That’s so true, I don’t like 3v3 (I prefer big matches) but that’s a good chance to see where are your weak points.

On a side note: 

Squad vs Squad (3v3 former 4v4) matches can be VERY intense and a brutal duke-out (those are my favorites). 

I especially remember one vs NASA: It was beacon hunt and we won by 1 point when the 12 minutes were over (<- says smth. how hard that match was).   

The satisfaction-level for a victory you really had to work hard for is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than in any big battle with pugs. 

Loosing isnt much a problem (after the adrenaline is gone) since you gave your best (this also includes using your Brain). 

But thats my point of view. Hope we get Corp-Battles soon…  

I hope for better MM wait times. Its horrendus…

I will be one of the people who select the option to wait 20 min if needed, but to play same tier.

Do not get me wrong, I do not mind flying my T4s vs T5s, but not in 3v3 bot match. At some point there was surge of playing T4 and we had good matches. Mostly T4s, 1-2 T5s each side and some T3 fillers. But on 12 vs 12 game position in space (not going 1 vs 3 for example) is more important than 1v1 with your R10-11 vs R15 you know.

If I select the USA server, I get smaller matches, 5v5, 8v8, only one 12v12 I think.  Those matches also seem to be more strategic on average.  There will be no squads most of the time, so it’s just each team’s skill and knowledge.  Since it’s USA server, they speak English so the whole team can coordinate better.  I’ve tried a few “random server” matches since, but those are 12v12 with so much going on it gets complicated.

Changing for server pick was good idea lag wise (although it did not fix it).

BUT and it is a big BUT ! That divided the already small pool of players to even more segments. No wonder T4 for example was populated for awhile and then - 3v3 bot games for 10 days (my experience). 

I’d always choose for shortest wait time, even if they stick me in a T1 vs T5 match. I’ve quit other games over too long wait times. Getting a quick match when I want and have the time for it is paramount for me for this type of game.

I always minimize while waiting in SCon que. There is a thud when game is starting and Siren when match is loaded. 

There is a thud when game is starting and Siren when match is loaded.

I have sounds turned off when client is minimized. Whole point of minimizing. Might be worth a suggestion to sound that siren regardless, that would be useful.