Waz'Got "Gravi-Wave" Issue

Topic: Gravi Wave

Issue: 

• Makes close range encounters non-existent 
    • Close-range fights and “gettin’ round’ your enemy” have been in the game since the dawn of  it’s time. 
  • Instant crash when faced near a close solid object

Underlying Issue:

• Outdated engine code enables the limit of 700ms or “instant crash” to be violated by the Gravi-Wave and other modules but they are not the focus

Possible fixes(ranked as most possible) 

• Push Speed-1
    • 100/150ms instead of super sonic to avoid instant crash.
  • Much longer cooldown-2
  • Total remove-3

Video Proof: 

Questions? Comments? Other than the microphone quality, was in a hurry and Xbox Live gameplay recorder is not… good. Mic’s fine ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) 

Id just say max the push at 700m/s. Easy fix

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Id just say max the push at 700m/s. Easy fix

Wrong. If the push speed is 700, and your max speed is 500. Do the math. It will still break the engine limit. Same with gravitational lens, remember that? You’d be moving around, flying straight into it for no reason, get a speed increase PAST game allowed. Same thing here. 

1 hour ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Push Speed-1

• 100/150ms instead of super sonic to avoid instant crash.

This is the only real option. Only those at 600/700ms will be affected and that’s a small number of builds. 

No I mean cap speed with any multiplier or addition at 700

This just happened to me this afternoon, yeah too OP if that ability can kill you by making you hit the wall.

18 minutes ago, HBZK100 said:

This just happened to me this afternoon, yeah too OP if that ability can kill you by making you hit the wall.

Same as repelling beam and no one is making any fuzz about it. 

20 minutes ago, niripas said:

Repulsor is in a single direction with slow barrel turn. Not the same.

1 hour ago, niripas said:

And since a unknown update the radius have been cut in half… I mean seriously if the target is not right in the middle of the beam nothing happens.

About the gravi, the should just allow ships to go over 700m/s via other sources but not in terms of ship build easy fix and everyone happy

A) Like seen in the last 2 seconds or so that you forgot to cut out do you always need to spam when you about to Rage ?

B) In that scenario you served yourself on a silver platter to be Killed by the Gravi Wave / people usualy adjust once they realised what and how it happens.

C)I assume  you have no problems with Energy Converters able to 1 shot others considering you have it yourself equipped ?(and no i don’t find it OP)

Gravi-Wave can be annoying and frustration but you can adapt to it and if you are aware that there is someone with a Waz and understand  what it does you can avoid it.

Since the Gravi-Wave was introduced and that was like a Month before your first complain on the forum about it, i was hit plenty of times by it without dying and one time i got killed by it but that was my damn own fault for hugging and flying along a object.

What about this? Energy Converter isn’t OP as well?

ECM was struck with over 24k thermal damage (Pyro Emitter) beam, it was mostly badly damaged, managed to ignore the weapon damage and survive, only to convert 24k damage to kill a destroyer (Sirius) with one single use of a module! ECM hasn’t used any special modules, nor it had any Emergency Barrier equipped.

As for your issue:

Rank 9 Jericho (Beta-accelerator ‘SR Mark 3’) implant would actually divert all of your collision damage to shields.

The same would also happen, if you had equipped at least one Multipurpose shield. You would most likely survive with only minor shield damage!

I still agree that such module is not the one to be used on the Engineering class, but on the Guard class instead.

As for why is it like this, the answer is pretty simple.

Because it sells good, because of some low-skilled player can just kill you with a press of a button.

They want money, above all else, no matter the outcome, no matter the cost, because it’s worthwhile.

This game is expendable. As soon as the game becomes not worth maintaining, it will be terminated.

In any case, we shouldn’t complain about this any longer. We all accepted the EULA.

If you don’t like the direction this game is going, then just quit the game and uninstall it!

10 hours ago, Koromac said:

What about this? Energy Converter isn’t OP as well?

ECM was struck with over 24k thermal damage (Pyro Emitter) beam, it was mostly badly damaged, managed to ignore the weapon damage and survive, only to convert 24k damage to kill a destroyer (Sirius) with one single use of a module! ECM hasn’t used any special modules, nor it had any Emergency Barrier equipped.

As for your issue:

Rank 9 Jericho (Beta-accelerator ‘SR Mark 3’) implant would actually divert all of your collision damage to shields.

The same would also happen, if you had equipped at least one Multipurpose shield. You would most likely survive with only minor shield damage!

I still agree that such module is not the one to be used on the Engineering class, but on the Guard class instead.

As for why is it like this, the answer is pretty simple.

Because it sells good, because of some low-skilled player can just kill you with a press of a button.

They want money, above all else, no matter the outcome, no matter the cost, because it’s worthwhile.

This game is expendable. As soon as the game becomes not worth maintaining, it will be terminated.

In any case, we shouldn’t complain about this any longer. We all accepted the EULA.

If you don’t like the direction this game is going, then just quit the game and uninstall it!

I mean with the 2.5x applied at <750m you should take… 84,000 damage. It does not explain the damage inflicted. You must account that the energy converter does not apply one ammount of damage but rather the damage over a 4 second beam. If you cause 84,000 damage(with 2.5) it will be split up according to the damage taken within that 4 seconds. It’s not a one time hit module, it’s multible after 4 seconds, each second dealing the damage taken. SO in theory it is yes a little OP. 

Wrong. If a ship is flying over  700ms for any reason it will instant crash, I am NOT talking about semi crashes into asteroids or low speed crash, this module forces you past 700ms thus making anything you hit kill you. No amount of resistance will help, crashing damage is neutral. I had full shields with said implant applied, still instant crashed. Explain that please…

8 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

I mean with the 2.5x applied at <750m you should take… 84,000 damage. It does not explain the damage inflicted. You must account that the energy converter does not apply one ammount of damage but rather the damage over a 4 second beam. If you cause 84,000 damage(with 2.5) it will be split up according to the damage taken within that 4 seconds. It’s not a one time hit module, it’s multible after 4 seconds, each second dealing the damage taken. SO in theory it is yes a little OP. 

False. If you take 84k damage, it will deal 84k 4 times over 4 seconds.

I use this in Crimson Haze to one-shot the cartel carriers with my EM torpedoes. Just activate, torp self, then keep a steady aim for 4 seconds. If you line it up right and time it perfectly, you can kill 2 carriers with one torp/EC because it acts like a Pyro beam with no radius.

On 23.9.2017 at 1:14 AM, IFreakinLoveBass said:

• f super sonic to avoid instant crash.  …

This occures only in a very small number of cases in which the Gravi wave is used. Insta crsh is happening seldomly and only with shields down already or with very bad build ships.

Logic dictates , if you can’t kill in close contact with your ship, don’t try or wait untill it is used - you have the 40 s recharge window.

Good inty pilots will survive a gravi wave attack and kill the Waz’got non the less ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)  So its a fair and effective module.

Best of it: it can hinder destroyers from sitting duck at beacons and deny beacon capture. The Waz’Got can push the dessy back and the hole fight about the beacon is open again.

… As for your issue:

I still agree that such module is not the one to be used on the Engineering class, but on the Guard class instead.  …

15 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

False. If you take 84k damage, it will deal 84k 4 times over 4 seconds.

I use this in Crimson Haze to one-shot the cartel carriers with my EM torpedoes. Just activate, torp self, then keep a steady aim for 4 seconds. If you line it up right and time it perfectly, you can kill 2 carriers with one torp/EC because it acts like a Pyro beam with no radius.

Ehhh no, I cant agree over 4 seconds, it drops off. I believe it’s damage taken in that 1 second that is applied, I’ve been photoned, it raises then loweres if no other damage is applied. It’s iffy, wanna test? 

11 minutes ago, avarshina said:

This occures only in a . Insta crsh is happening seldomly and only with shields down already or with very bad build ships.

Logic dictates , if you can’t kill in close contact with your ship, don’t try or wait untill it is used - you have the 40 s recharge window.

Good inty pilots will survive a gravi wave attack and kill the Waz’got non the less ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)  So its a fair and effective module.

Buahahha, it’s not “fair” at all, if a ship forces you to never virtually engage close to it then it’s broken. “very small number of cases in which the Gravi wave is used” no. I’ve seen people get bombed over and over again just by coming close, one time 3 people were moving in on a Waz’got  in a closed area, he killed them all in one module: Instant Crash. It’s not balanced at all. No engineer or any ship other than guard MAYBE should ever have this module and it should NEVER   make you insta-crash. Ever. 

7 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Ehhh no, I cant agree over 4 seconds, it drops off. I believe it’s damage taken in that 1 second that is applied, I’ve been photoned, it raises then loweres if no other damage is applied. It’s iffy, wanna test? 

Nah bruh. I’ve tested every possible function of this module. It’s super versatile its just really hard to use properly.

Go in to a custom and have a dessy torp you while you EC them dead in the middle. You’ll see the damage grow and grow and grow and grow each second.

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

This occures only in a very small number of cases in which the Gravi wave is used. Insta crsh is happening seldomly and only with shields down already or with very bad build ships.

Best of it: it can hinder destroyers from sitting duck at beacons and deny beacon capture. The Waz’Got can push the dessy back and the hole fight about the beacon is open again.

Actually you are able to Gravi-Wave someone to death while they are having full shield.

The one shot however seems to depend more on how many times the Ship bounces + if they are not properly implanted/slotted (as an example Jericho Multipurpose shield).

On 9/24/2017 at 2:08 AM, IFreakinLoveBass said:

I mean with the 2.5x applied at <750m you should take… 84,000 damage. It does not explain the damage inflicted. You must account that the energy converter does not apply one ammount of damage but rather the damage over a 4 second beam. If you cause 84,000 damage(with 2.5) it will be split up according to the damage taken within that 4 seconds. It’s not a one time hit module, it’s multible after 4 seconds, each second dealing the damage taken.

x2,5 damage multiplier is no longer relevant. It has been removed. Current damage multiplier is x1,5.

Also, they should reduce max possible speed from 700 to 695 m/s, without any possible increase!

The pushing speed when Tormentor AE died, was 1228 m/s. I mean, devs are not stupid, right?

They made this module to be a press and kill module in close quarters.

They want money, so such broken module is probably intended.

On 9/24/2017 at 6:00 AM, roxxen said:

Actually you are able to Gravi-Wave someone to death while they are having full shield.

The one shot however seems to depend more on how many times the Ship bounces + if they are not properly implanted/slotted (as an example Jericho Multipurpose shield).

Another issue is the game’s engine and ship physics, both flawed and outdated!