Warp in

After a few more battles in PvP/vs AI I noticed the warp in isn’t the same for all.

I build my Procyon for more shield and so reduced the acceleration. Seems okay, BUT then the pain begin:

If you spawn, you seem to ‘warp in’ gathering speed up to afterburner’s one.

Instead of a fixed timed/value it seem to take your current acceleration.

So with ~7m/s² and ~250m/s speed it takes a lot lot lot LOT LOT LOT of time. Haven’t recorded it, but it feel like 20-30s(!!!) just for this entering! So I’m out of the game for OVER 20s+?! How can this be fair? I mean I got the penalty for the aceleration INGAME, but being NOT EVEN SPAWNED is ridiculous.

How can this be fair??? This spawning behavior must be changed as it penalize you before the match even starts.

Yea its not just about spawning its about warp speed normal ships goes 2000 ms in a warpgate (both in spawn or another gate) but destroyers goes 500 ms thats why it takes too long

Because these ships are huge? I mean I never felt like complaining about this. Little interceptors should warp at 10k meters/s by the way.

Just because it’s big doesn’t mean it can’t go fast.

Because these ships are huge? I mean I never felt like complaining about this. Little interceptors should warp at 10k meters/s by the way.

Big/huge means nothing. Else why is a car faster as a human? An elephant compared to a mouse? Space ship to a car? It’s depending on the engine used.

And I speak about the Spawn in the match(either the first time or after your death the next one if allowed). Hanging 20s+ in a ‘warp’ animation to cover the ‘12km’ distance from the start to your spawnpoint can’t be serious. Especially as it seem to be the result of acceleration/speed.

Big/huge means nothing. Else why is a car faster as a human? An elephant compared to a mouse? Space ship to a car? It’s depending on the engine used.

And I speak about the Spawn in the match(either the first time or after your death the next one if allowed). Hanging 20s+ in a ‘warp’ animation to cover the ‘12km’ distance from the start to your spawnpoint can’t be serious. Especially as it seem to be the result of acceleration/speed.

You got a point here.

With that logic why don’t the current ships warp at different speeds? Inty and frig all warp at 2000m/s

With that logic why don’t the current ships warp at different speeds? Inty and frig all warp at 2000m/s

Little interceptors should warp at 10k meters/s by the way.

Okay it’s ~7s before I enter the battle. But hell 7s?

Okay it’s ~7s before I enter the battle. But hell 7s?

Let’s increase it by 0.1! - Doomb0t 2027

Now I feeled the second pain to fly a destroyer…

Map with warpgates. Okay maybe I try them as one.

Used it and after 1s I regret this decision.

For the enemy I was a turkey shot… ‘warping’ with 500m/s with as a target that fill the whole space is so easy to hit. May this time it was 20s traveltime. That I only arrived(of course in the enemy spawn…) with less than half of my shield was really funny…

Sorry, but this is really BS! Why don’t let starts destroyer just after 1min? And let them warp 10km with only 10m/s?