[Video] xKostyan

YOGpE70.png

I feel like a hipster without my place in Videos section, and since one does not call xKostyan a Hipster, I am going to post some of my videos here!

start with the Bear in Ancient Ruins and Kite video. Beginner pilots can learn alot from those if they pay attention.

and I am still waiting on this request:

by Kine » Mon May 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Could I get a short video on how to deal with criss-cross interceptor dogfights please ?

• do you go along with it and keep zipping across each other until one of you dies or are there any moves to break the rythmn and drop on the enemy’s tail ?

To win criss cross dogfights you need burst damage and good reaction time. Your small missiles and 300 ping are going to be a serious handicap in that situation.

one of the reasons why I spam you with white noise jammer non stop - trying to even the playing field somewhat.

but is there a better way to do it …? like, can I disengage safely from the criss-cross and somehow get a straight shot at the enemy ?

from experience, the first person to ‘give up’ on the criss-cross and try to break off normally ends up dead.

Snib’s method - changing the rotation axis ie. rotating 90° will turn horizontal into vertical plane assumes you have better turn and pitch speeds. If you don’t you just end up giving the enemy a lead time.

Is there another method other than kill-him-before-he-kills-you?

Sorry Kine, but with your network capabilities, you kinda of options you cant use verniers/compensators, and 99% your enemy can out turn you, meaning you can not dictate how to fight, there are couple moves but your inty wont be able execute them

No I see a way. If you use white noise too soon the other guy won’t commit and break away. So 1st pass, 1 missile at range 1500, strafe if vs plasma gun, start shooting at 1100 with Orion, turn around white noise, missile, plasma web and finish if he didn’t warp or camo. Forget about it he have an engy close by.

YOGpE70.png

I feel like a hipster without my place in Videos section, and since one does not call xKostyan a Hipster, I am going to post some of my videos here!

HIPSTER!

No I see a way. If you use white noise too soon the other guy won’t commit and break away. So 1st pass, 1 missile at range 1500, strafe if vs plasma gun, start shooting at 1100 with Orion, turn around white noise, missile, plasma web and finish if he didn’t warp or camo. Forget about it he have an engy close by.

not as simple as it sounds

YOGpE70.png

O MY GAWD HIPSTER ANIMALS LINE DANCING

O MY GAWD HIPSTER ANIMALS LINE DANCING

internet, do you speak it?

internet, do you speak it?

:taunt:

Well, i think it is time i actually post some videos :lol:

Kite Solo PvP T3 RU Server May_07_2014 

Bear 1 Solo PvP T3 May_08_2014 

Sigurdr as Captain Combat Recon May_11_2014 

Lion MK2, SecCon 3NASA+3xRn vs 4Nova+2UN, May 14 2014 

- Voice com from a different squad in a channel, not ours.

Kite, Pralax. 2xNASA T3, May 14 2014 

- dat dude with 732 rating :smiley: had to double check :lol:

Well, i think it is time i actually post some videos :lol:

- Voice com from a different squad in a channel, not ours.

- dat dude with 732 rating :smiley: had to double check :lol:

FINALLY! MOAR VIDS!

That Q/E jinking. Now I know why my  jinking doesn’t work that well. I had a similar Parallax setup, but my bad aim and general inability to work beam weapons made me switch to less optimal (so to speak) main weapon, missile and active module choices. 

Always great to see video demonstrations of good play.  :salute:

Q/E is great, but nothing beats Ascending-Outside_Strafing-Barrel_roll with randomized AB. Unfortunately my current KeyBoard can not perform such a move due to the fact that is a cheap piece of XXX, but very-very comfortable piece of XXX. Can’t register more than 3 simultaneous keypresses from same key bank.

That Q/E jinking.

Thanx for sharing the t5 sec con vid kost :wink: That’s precious… Finally we got something to try to counter the NOVA simultaneous overdrive gunships attack… I can see that 2 engies r absolutely needed and at least a tackler (wich i fly a lot) as well… You’ve been quite lucky having 2 engies from randoms in your team :wink: And that kamikaze torps destructions…amazing lol

Thanx for sharing the t5 sec con vid kost :wink: That’s precious… Finally we got something to try to counter the NOVA simultaneous overdrive gunships attack… I can see that 2 engies r absolutely needed and at least a tackler (wich i fly a lot) as well… You’ve been quite lucky having 2 engies from randoms in your team :wink: And that kamikaze torps destructions…amazing lol

You are welcome :slight_smile:

There is more to it, here couple more little things to remember

• Implant r14 - Federation and Empire, it is a one time “get out of jail” ticket, thats why you MUST pop their shields during “Standoff phase” [NOVA] almost never charges in right from the start, so you have couple minutes of the standoff, while they creep in closer on your position. If you allow them to engage with this implant, chances are you will be down 1-2 ships to zero after that.

• Engis are good, but you don’t need more than one at any given moment, you better have an ECM instead of 2d engi. If your engineers are having problems surviving - try using Minotaurs.

• ECMs are great at reducing Gunship initiative - try Storm Viking fitted for energy regen and have Weapon Inhibitor MK4 on it somewhere, use Plasma Guns/Super Charger so you dont have to be up in their face and accidentally losing LoS on your modules, stay aside and control the situation with your debuffs, don’t blow your CDs on 1st bait ship, just use Weapon inhibitor on it and let others scare him away, your goal is to f-up 2d-3rd dps divers (and again, if they have r14 effect up combined with reboot, not much you can do)

• we had 2 more games after that vs them, both 3+1 random vs 4, 1st game we had only 1 healer equiped out of 12 ships on our side, our setup was to heavy from the start and we got destroyed by their sniper. Second game we got 1 more engineer equip, but since that was me, i managed to die in first 2 minutes of the game like a total Ace :frowning: so same setup, but we went gun blazing aggressive on them because of that and traded for their “main” setup, then they kept respawning in random ships without any gameplan to recover, at some point they had 3 engineers and a guard, from there it was much easier, even without a healer on our side. We won 2d game with up 2 kills and we caped all their beacons (had 2 left for us)

yep nice post kost… lot of info theer i already found ecm very useful vs nova attack… But b4 this vid never seen a nova attck not collecting kills, that’s teh reason i think 2 engies made a difference :wink:

and thanx for this:

- Implant r14 - Federation and Empire, it is a one time “get out of jail” ticket, thats why you MUST pop their shields during “Standoff phase” [NOVA] almost never charges in right from the start, so you have couple minutes of the standoff, while they creep in closer on your position. If you allow them to engage with this implant, chances are you will be down 1-2 ships to zero after that.

That is a very clever thing to keep in mynd :wink:

2 Sec Con games as Lion MK2 3v3, vs Randoms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-39jAewBIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQuwYVFGQ0