Unique Class weapons for LRF, Gunship, and Covert Ops

In the coming new year, we might see the final 3 unique class guns added to the arsenal, so here’s some ideas.

LRF Point Defense Cannon:

Kinetic shotgun weapon that fires each barrel separately in sequence per-click, or can be charged by holding the mouse button for an alpha strike from all 6 barrels.

Suggested range: 800 meters

Suggested rate of fire: 75 rounds per minute

Suggested alpha strike charge accumulation: 4 seconds

Alpha-strike instantly overheats weapon.

Gunship Smart Repeater:

Kinetic rapid-fire weapon that alternates between pairs of barrels to double the traditional firerate while under Overdrive. Low damage, higher-than-average critical chance. Weapon also has a mild aim-assist similar to the old Heavy Railgun weapon, which requires an active lock.

Suggested range: 2,000 meters

Suggested rate of fire: 200 rounds per minute

Covert Ops Tachyon Beam:

Thermal weapon with high damage, but slow rate of fire, and below average projectile speed. Simultaneous discharge of both barrels. Weapon inflicts burn damage for additional 5 seconds on hit. Charging weapon increases critical chance.

Suggested range: 1,500 meters

Suggested rate of fire: 60 rounds per minute

Suggested projectile speed: 600 m/s

Key points:

LRF idea - I like it but you missed the key of the role… they stay at long ranges since they melt under fire (perhaps 2500-3000 base range?)

Gunship idea - Fits the purpose of the role and also fills the gap of a base crit weapon for fighters.

Covert Ops idea - Well covert ops already seem to main with thermal damage (which seems to be everywhere in the current meta) so perhaps Kinetic for damage distribution against guards or empire frigates?

LRF weapon just sounds like a low-range kinetic positron, which as Derp said kinda goes against the description of the class.

Gunship weapon sounds like a cross between an assault railgun and a gauss cannon. I think it should be EM damage though not kinetic, since the gunship already has two kinetic weapons available to it.

I’m not sure what to think of the cov ops weapon

Gunship weapon sounds like a cross between an assault railgun and a gauss cannon. I think it should be EM damage though not kinetic, since the gunship already has two kinetic weapons available to it.

The pattern says it has to be a kinetic weapon.

Pattern:

Tackler - Thermal

Command - EM

Gunship - Missing - Kinetic

Guard - Thermal

Engineer - EM

LRF - Missing - Kinetic

ECM - Kinetic

Recon - EM

Cov Ops - Missing - Thermal

LRF weapon just sounds like a low-range kinetic positron, which as Derp said kinda goes against the description of the class.

No. It’s a chargeable shotgun.

Think of it like this, LRF pilots already have Beam Cannon, Positron, and Coil Mortars that can and have be used for long range combat. So ithey wold be very hard to introduce yet another weapon for long range combat that players will want to use over beam cannon without it being OP.

Now consider, in most games with a sniper class, the sniper usually has a close-range backup weapon to protect himself. Currently our snipers only have Minelayer (the equivalent of a Claymore) for self defense. So it doesn’t actually go against the class.

A frigate shotgun would be super OP on a class like the Guard, but the LRF is weak enough that it wouldn’t be able to rack up a massive killing spree on its own. It would primarily be for massive burst damage against those who would try to close on the LRF, and make them think twice.

P.S. The Gunship weapon is kinetic because the Mjolnir has a kinetic weapon bonus.

Well, how about a weapon like the hunter has.

Well, how about a weapon like the hunter has.

a slow moving ball of death?

No thanks.

My god then just add…

xFyzrR1.png

… for them, that’s all they need.

My god then just add…

xFyzrR1.png

… for them, that’s all they need.

RFB on a max syn Wakizashi AE has a longer overheat time (the rank 15 T5 non-premium jericho ECM)

Not as base.

A RF Blaster on Waki AE without Supercooled has 50 seconds, with supercooled it has 95. You need shared cooler to get over 99.9, and nobody says that i couldnt put shared cooler on my Ultimate Emitter as well. :slight_smile:

Not as base.

A RF Blaster on Waki AE without Supercooled has 50 seconds, with supercooled it has 95. You need shared cooler to get over 99.9, and nobody says that i couldnt put shared cooler on my Ultimate Emitter as well. :slight_smile:

10k range is xxxx, should be 99k

10k range is xxxx, should be 99k

u wot m8? Why not Infinite?

u wot m8? Why not Infinite?

infinite too op.

Make it 5,000km.

We will discuss your ideas.

We will discuss your ideas.

Even OmegaFighter’s idea?? :smiley: I want one

Good day! Covert Ops is really powerful already so it seems that giving it so powerful weapon won’t be the best decision. Long Range has its unique module so we believe that there is no need to create a unique weapon for it. You might be right about the GunShip. We are now thinking about giving it an outstanding weapon so your idea is extremely useful, thank you for it.

You might be right about the GunShip. We are now thinking about giving it an outstanding weapon so your idea is extremely useful, thank you for it.

I am excited to hear this!

As far as the Covert Ops: The idea was for the weapon to be very powerful when charged, but for the projectile speed to be very slow. So it would only be good against larger targets, and not good in a dogfight. However, since Plasma Arc already fills a similar role, I can understand if this weapon isn’t needed.

As far as the Long Range: That is rather sad to hear. I was honestly looking forward to a unique weapon for the LRF class.

Some new guns or missiles could be in order. Now that minefields are usable by all frigate classes, LRFs don’t exclusively have any weapons other than their special modules.

Oh. That hurt Black Dragon a lot.

Oh. That hurt Black Dragon a lot.

Badly.