Unique by design

All the “unique” looking ships have parts on their model that look like they could have a really cool function, but for whatever reason they don’t do anything. Take the Shark for example: It has a neat looking rocket/missile pod on the hull that has no use what-so-ever. And the Wolfhound. It has little flare cartridges on its tail, yet they do nothing. I suggest that these little features be given minor active/passive features that can be used when flying them.

I won’t be listing out them all but some. Others are evident when you look that the models.

Brokk: two missile pods on the bottom of the ship.

Shark: one missile pod on its shoulder.

Sawtooth: massive blades on the front and what look like some weapon in the middle.

Phoenix: Massive capacitor/engine on the spine of the ship.

Sai: large forward-mounted sensors/cannons and a ramming spike on the front.

Anaconda series: Large forward-mounted emitter/cannon

Basically all Federation Interceptors: Cannon on the front. Hook/release on the bottom back.

Wolfhound: Flare cartridges on the tail, and large visible radar/camera spheres all over it.

Loki: Large capacitors/tanks all over it and under it.

Desert Eagle: two rocket/missile pods on the top. Large batteries inside the arms.

Grim: Large centerline cannon

Razor: just look at it.

Mauler: missile/mine pod built in to the back of it.

And that isn’t even looking at most standard ships!

You forgot Cutter, that ships nose looks like a small nuclear warhead.

Just now, Flash0914 said:

You forgot Cutter, that ships nose looks like a small nuclear warhead.

Yea!!

Also Brave is a straight up Submarine and Vigilant is a aircraft carrier .

Don’t forget the Rakza’s beloved Reaper, it has on its upper side 2x3 missile laucher silos – a pitty it has no extra missile module like the wazgot mk1

5 hours ago, avarshina said:

Don’t forget the Rakza’s beloved Reaper, it has on its upper side 2x3 missile laucher silos – a pitty it has no extra missile module like the wazgot mk1

But it has one thing that actually works - its horn deal kinetic damage at collision range.

so for some of these ships advanced ram would work, what about the others? what would we do with the missile pods and shark cannon? new spec-mods?

1 hour ago, evo888 said:

so for some of these ships advanced ram would work, what about the others? what would we do with the missile pods and shark cannon? new spec-mods?

I’d think more like a “5th active module” kind of thing would work better.

40 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I’d think more like a “5th active module” kind of thing would work better.

Interesting, I’d like to see that, what would we do for the other ships though?

here are some ideas:

-Imperial ‘Underworld’ series (cerberus, styx, garm, sigurdr): Extra Caliber

cooldown: 25 seconds

on activation, the front weapons of this ship will fire a for 10 seconds, it will fire like a phase suppressor, firing with the user’s other weapons wherever the user points

-Jericho “Crusader” series (crusader, crus s, ira deus, crus a): ‘Protectorate’ Shield

cooldown: 30 seconds

on activation the user and all allies within 3km receive 3500 temporary shields

18 hours ago, avarshina said:

Don’t forget the Rakza’s beloved Reaper, it has on its upper side 2x3 missile laucher silos

Reapers “Harpoon” already deals kinetic damage on contact.