UnderGround Tournament: What's next?

Thanks for your contribution.

Trust me … you do not want me to contribute more than that.

That happened once I got back into the game after you already trashed our team 4vs3, check your videos and game logs and shove it.

Trust me … you do not want me to contribute more than that.

wegotabadassoverthere.jpeg

actually, it would be

lmaolookagain.AVI

[edit]

apologies to all for side tracking the topic. my last post in this.

anyways:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/23252-underground-tournament-whats-next/?p=267626](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/23252-underground-tournament-whats-next/?p=267626)

longer delays on streaming …

all this talk about giving out obs abilities… there are pro’s and con’s

and the con’s are mostly anti-competitive.

Let’s consider that your team won that game. You lost again in 3rd game so there’s really no reason of bringing this up besides trolling

Let’s consider that your team won that game. You lost again in 3rd game so there’s really no reason of bringing this up besides butthurting

fixed

That happened once I got back into the game after you already trashed our team 4vs3, check your videos and game logs and shove it.

it looks like 25>24 on a screenshot

Let’s consider that your team won that game. You lost again in 3rd game so there’s really no reason of bringing this up besides trolling

I’am pretty sure they posted that picture ONLY because of NeoCodex’s wall of text.

Thanks Again to everyone who organized and helped making the tournament a success.

As already mentioned and many have seen, Star Conflict’s features for tournaments are suboptimal.

The free view from a Recon and then far away doesn’t work for streaming in my opinion, you want to see the action up close.

The view from players is great but it would be nice to have a free view that shows the battle from little bit away.
Maybe it is possible to create a modified tackler as observer ship, modified to be constant invisible and invisibly doesn’t break by microlocator etc.
That ship wouldn’t have any weapons or other modules (maybe 100% collision compensation in case you pump into players).

The Observer View (the view where you had to run this observer command and then can move cameras between ships) is very confusing (as mentioned) because player from the same team are shown in red and blue color
to see who has the lead you have to wait for the next kill and check which team lost a point. That should be fixed.

The Observer View should also be able to switch to ship via key command, so you can assign a number to a ship (including the observer ship mentioned above).

LOL replay match if you are DC’ed. What a f*****g joke. Anybody else need their butt wiped?

LOL replay match if you are DC’ed. What f****†* joke. Anybody else need their butt wiped?

91ydi.jpg

YES! So in other words don’t expect me or my team to cater the opposing teams internet issues. TOO many different timezones to worry about that.

Sportmanship? ain’t noboday got time for that

Ah. The famous WPK vs NASA. 

Can some one do a rap battle? 

Sportmanship? ain’t noboday got time for that

!!!FIXED!!!

“Sportsmanship? ain’t nobody got time for that”

It has nothing to do with sportsmanship.

The problems are when you have a tournament like this it needs to move quickly between matches(and it did), with the server changes there’s going to be differences with the latency and connection.  

1. Internet issues are going to happen? Duh yeah they are cause they did happen.  

1. What happens if you get disconnected Tac? I hurry my xxxx up reconnecting to the game if i can or figure out wtf is going on with MY internet so i quit letting my team down in the middle of battle.  

XofJSA you did a real nice job in organizing and executing this tourney. Keep up the good work.  

DC’s:

All members of the teams must be on the field of battle.if a dc happens as the teams launch redo.We want both teams to be at there best of course.But if the DC happens after first blood is drawn,the team has to get their man back on the field ASAP.

And to help with this,we do do need a clear line of communication. We have the Star conflict Teamspeak,GoD can still offer theirs,and we can use Skype.Not only for a DC,but setting up your matches and letting us know you team is ready.This will help to  keeping things running smooth.And we In future matches we need to have someone from the team as a rep,and will have a set spot for this…

Set ups:

If there are any restrictions of ships types or anything of that nature for a special type,say a race tournament for fun*insert cough here*,it would be noted.Now that being said,when your team joins the server for battle,that’s it.Now after the first match,your team wants to change up before you have to to enter the next match,i see no issue with and is a valid tactic.Now for speed,say we limit to a minute to get into the server after it is opened…?     

Streaming:

We are working on away to make that easier for viewing,and having learned a few things,hope to make it better the time.and a bit more clear what channel and when they are there.As for the Recordings i can do a got job,but did not find myself with the time,But,sephirothsk can go some great work,and has taught me something and  i hope to step those tools for the next tournament.

And it is a bit confusing to view the observer accounts.And as we get more Experience thing will be smoother.As for the confusion on winners one thing we might do is after the matches,those two reps report on the matches to a set person with a winning and a losing screen shot.this way we can assure no confusion.

!!!FIXED!!!

The problems are when you have a tournament like this it needs to move quickly between matches(and it did), with the server changes there’s going to be differences with the latency and connection.  

1. Internet issues are going to happen? Duh yeah they are cause they did happen.  

1. What happens if you get disconnected Tac? I hurry my xxxx up reconnecting to the game if i can or figure out wtf is going on with MY internet so i quit letting my team down in the middle of battle.  

XofJSA you did a real nice job in organizing and executing this tourney. Keep up the good work.

Thx man,but really,it goes to those who helped,be it with idea’s,spell checks,and so many other things that really made it happen.And a  special thx to all my corpmates.Truth be told,if it was not for them behind me and the fun we have.I would have probably never got the chance to do this.And another special thx to all the Community your enthusiasm is great.

And guys,i know there was some bumps,So let call it a learning curve and work to improve this.

!!!FIXED!!!

Thanks for fixing!

Well, IMO it indeed has to do with sportmanship. I’ve played a lot of games where when 1 guys disc everyone pauses the game and waits for him.

We are a small community so it should be easier for us to handle that, don’t you think? 

What would you think it would have happened if one NASA member dced? 

We expect from others what we would do with them! 

If we don’t even do such a small thing than waiting for the enemy team to recconect, what can we expect from this community?

Thanks for fixing!

Well, IMO it indeed has to do with sportmanship. I’ve played a lot of games where when 1 guys disc everyone pauses the game and waits for him.

We are a small community so it should be easier for us to handle that, don’t you think? 

What would you think it would have happened if one NASA member dced? 

We expect from others what we would do with them! 

If we don’t even do such a small thing than waiting for the enemy team to recconect, what can we expect from this community?

if you watch recording, again no one attacked WPK being 3. System does not respawn your ship if you are disconnected, Neo`s ECM was on the map after 4 kills, and then there is a Self-Destruct event during 25-24 Score, not 25-21 as Neo said. Neo’s disconnect became obvious to every one after you guys respawned, and when Ricos realized that, no one even looked your way, so cut your crap. 

How about you even remotely attempt to look at the situation from others perspective?

I was actually happy they beat is in round 3, because i didn’t want this shitstorm which happens right here  :good: