I’m a web developer specialized on usability and I thought I’d give some advice to make the game better overall:
Top Menu Bar
- Equipment : place an exclamation mark next to [Equipment] if one of the ships is missing an item in the equipment slot
- Skills : are fine as it is
- Contracts : place some notifier in the [Contracts] item whether or not you took 3 contracts and another one is available
- Warehouse : show how much space left, maybe with a small progress bar
- Corp : place a number of online members next to the [Corp] menu item
- optional: place a number next to [ships] showing the amount of ships you have
The squad menu is in the lower right, where you also get feedback popups about the last battle, earnings, contracts etc. Place the squad window in the upper right to avoid constant overlays.
Why can I put the same module 4 times into slots, when in combat they all are on the same cooldown?
Allow comparisons between two ships. Like shift+click on a ship to select it and hover over another ship to see both ship’s details.
Allow display options by tier and by rarity of items.
- allow an option to hide/show unavailable contracts
- when hovering over the Rank of a faction, show us the unlocks we get, instead of having to search through all of the equipment
- don’t autojoin “Russian”. Also why are there no “German”, and “French” channels
- add a “Help” channel
- when in a squad, its impossible to talk on “Global”. you always talk in “Squad”
- give us a reply “/r” function to reply to tells. It’s embarrassing that’s not implemented at all
- when returning from or joining into a battle, you’re current channel tab is always set to “Global” no matter where you talked before
Give us an option to minimize the queue screen and at least browse the other menus (maybe not change anything, but at least view it).
- give us the option to change the color of the crosshair
- show friends and squadmates in a different color in the overview
- when you invite someone into your squad, but he is already in one, it breaks yours
- when you press “FIGHT”, but you didn’t get the “win/loss” message yet, it breaks queuing. Disable the FIGHT button until that message came
All in all i think this game is great, just lacks a bit of polish. Keep up the good work.