Two types of ammo in a match

Allow pilots to choose two ammo types for their ships from the existing possibilities, and be able to switch between these in battle. There would be a cooldown for switching, for example 10 seconds, or maybe the cooldown could vary depending on the weapon.

This would add more depth and strategy and allow ships to be more flexible in their engagement range.

For example with bubbles: Shooting a frigate? Switch to nova. Shooting a ceptor? Switch to speed ammo.

You know, we already had this in the past. Just without the cooldown.

2 hours ago, millanbel said:

This would add more depth and strategy and allow ships to be more flexible in their engagement range.

For example with bubbles: Shooting a frigate? Switch to nova. Shooting a ceptor? Switch to speed ammo.

That what one of the major reason it was removed, such mechanics eliminates a lot of depth from fitting stage since such ammo switch would invalidate the differences between different weapon purposes ultimately leading to even more “cookie-cutter” builds and less variety in actual games. 

Definitely no from me, at least not with current realities.

Maybe if there was specifically designed secondary ammo per weapon type - something supportive, team play oriented - where you would sacrifice some of your current dmg for some debuf, maybe, but definitely not 2 polar “killing” ammos

I’d love having two types of ammo/missiles in battle like before. The downside could just be having to pay for both of them, because ammo used to me a one-time thing.

Yes Omega I am aware of that but I’ve never played with it, and it would be nice to try.

What do you mean by cookie-cutter builds kosty? It’s not very clear for me. Secondary ammunition could be a good idea but might get complicated. How about a greater penalty than just a cooldown, for example after switching you lose 25% of your damage for 5 seconds due to the ammo “warming up” or something?

I didn’t think to apply this to missiles also, but that would be harder to balance (I can imagine guards firing torps at the beacon while approaching and then refitting to mines to defend which would be a pain)

i miss the damage type ammo