Trade/sell seed chips

Not sure why it hasn’t been made a thing yet, but we really need a useful way to dispose of seed chips besides spending millions of credits on cheap upgrades for them.

Having super limited storage also sucks, and selling them for 1cr each is just salt on the wound honestly.

Just my two cents.

(or one rather)

Seed chips and storage space cause me a lot of stress. The time I have spent cataloging (I actually use a spreadsheet), assessing, weighing ones values against the others, is it worth keeping? Time I could have spent piloting… but I suppose tweaking ship builds is part of the fun of SC. Being able to trade would help a lot, I wouldn’t feel so impelled to hoard them all.

On the flip side, would trading seed chips make them a little too easy to come by? There is already a lot that you can simply purchase in SC for real cash, and while it supports the platform and development I think overusing real cash dimishes the rewarding sense of accomplishment that comes after putting in some real effort. Maybe it’s a good thing to have to grind in alien territory in the hopes of finding some that provide the boosts you’re looking for. Still, I don’t really like the those decision making sessions of which seed chips to keep and which ones to get rid of, it’s a bit much.

I’ve also noticed that there is a degree of peronsalization in open space too. It seems like there are time I can pick up an impersonal container, but then if I drop it again it’s personal and no one else can take it. Like, I picked it up in haste, but it was rightfully someone else’s kill, and I can’t do the right thing and give it back to them. I got the feeling the devs, or their bosses, really didn’t want us trading them at all, even out in open space after seed chipping with a group.

15 hours ago, teneighty9 said:

It seems like there are time I can pick up an impersonal container, but then if I drop it again it’s personal and no one else can take it. Like, I picked it up in haste, but it was rightfully someone else’s kill, and I can’t do the right thing and give it back to them. I got the feeling the devs, or their bosses, really didn’t want us trading them at all, even out in open space after seed chipping with a group

Yeah I noticed and don’t really like that either. It’s just kinda mean.