Tractor Beam

Name: Tractor Beam

Type: Active module, Guard

Tooltip: Get within 500m of a locked ship to freeze them and carry them around. Frozen ships cannot move or use weapons/modules until they are released.

Energy use: 50pts/s

LoS: needed

Range: 500m

Function: If you get within 500m of a ship you have locked and then use this module, it freezes them in space relative to you, so you can carry them to wherever you want. The energy drain keeps the user from doing much afterburning. After the module is turned off, the ship held may immediately attack, so it puts the Guard at risk.

Cannot be used on captains.

Name: Tractor Beam

Type: Active module, Guard

Tooltip: Get within 500m of a locked ship to freeze them and carry them around. Frozen ships cannot move or use weapons/modules until they are released.

Energy use: 50pts/s

LoS: needed

Range: 500m

Function: If you get within 500m of a ship you have locked and then use this module, it freezes them in space relative to you, so you can carry them to wherever you want. The energy drain keeps the user from doing much afterburning. After the module is turned off, the ship held may immediately attack, so it puts the Guard at risk.

Cannot be used on captains.

1. It’s easy to build a tanky guard with more than 50 energy/sec to spare when using afterburners

1. … Why?

Too OP on fed guards and those with module range bonus. Stasis is enough annoying being single target.

Yeah it would just be like a stasis on steroids! Too OP

This is the worst idea i’ve ever seen.

This just turns a guard into a super OP ECM.

The ECM Frigs on blackwood were annoying enough.

I hope this gets LOCKED.

Lol I see my comment was deleted. Someone must really want my rep torn down. As I said in the previously deleted comment: this idea was originally for the ECM ships, but I thought y’all’d complain more about that than this. I realized the stupidity of this suggestion shortly after posting, but I just love listening to people rage. Xp

Lol I see my comment was deleted. Someone must really want my rep torn down. As I said in the previously deleted comment: this idea was originally for the ECM ships, but I thought y’all’d complain more about that than this. I realized the stupidity of this suggestion shortly after posting, but I just love listening to people rage. Xp

ECM has a stasis beam and some other thingy that does this.

only reason it doesn’t last long is balance.

only reason it doesn’t last long is balance.

Up to four seconds.

No comment has been deleted in this thread.

It could be real fun if any damage inflicted to the target brake the tractor effect.

And if the target can still fire (but no rotation / movement allowed).

That way it could work with great teamplay but be useless in random :stuck_out_tongue: