Toggle Free Aim and Freelook Mode

Right now you have to hold down the keys as you pan. I humbly request to change it to toggle or atleast have the option to make them toggle in options menu.

+1 to that! 

I’ve also noticed it doesn’t work if you set the ship control mode to expert.

I didn’t know there was even a button for free look. I wonder if “double tapping” the free look button is a viable option. I know that would help for those who don’t have a lot of space to bind buttons.

I was just logging in here for the first time to request a free look button. I have not seen it on any keymap.

There are two look around modes. First is camera panning, the Second remotely rotates your main weapon turrets excluding it from ship heading.

After bringing an engineer into PvE, although free aim helps, I’d much rather have a button to toggle between basic and expert modes.  I will not use basic mode in an interceptor, I hate it too much.  I have too much trouble piloting the ship when the camera’s no where near where I’m going.  On a frigate, the range of vision for attack helps a lot, and it’s so slow I can tolerate the camera quirks.  Right now, I have to go to settings and swap it in battle if I decide the switch between a frigate and an interceptor.  Basic can be ok for dogfighting, but I get far too many collisions without expert.

:learn:

Hey Dev’s ready this thread!

It woulb be nice to have the free aim mode on toggle and I would like to have the basic free aim mode in expert controle. (actually I wonder what the point of expert controle).

Hmmm…I like the idea of free aim, but I don’t use it because it puts me in a straight line.  We should be able to free aim and maneuver.

I have made a proposal for joystick to maneuver and mouse to fire (in free aim). That should be feaisible but with the key board and mouse I fear it will be difficult.

Hmmm…I like the idea of free aim, but I don’t use it because it puts me in a straight line.  We should be able to free aim and maneuver.

But… but… you can :smiley: Needs a little learning, but its perfectly implemented :slight_smile:

Wut? What is this witchery you speak of?

Wut? What is this witchery you speak of?

Settings > keybinds > turn up/down/left/right

And you can do this while in free aim?  Still sorcery I say!

That what I was expecting but it would be better with the toggle option otherwise you have to press a lot of boutton at the same time (I prefer to use my joystyck for that).