Tier indicator to hangar

We all know how annoying when we go to a battle for example to T3 and the half of the team come with T2 ships.
As a CEO I spend a lot of time for train the new pilots. I face usually 2 really common mistake, the tier rush and the mixed ship tiers.

The newbies usually thinks:

• If they open a new implant that will available for all the ships.
  • At T3 they will get more synergy on the T1-2 ships.

But the biggest problem, they have no idea how the MM works, so they often bring T2 and T3 ships mixed.
I would like to suggest some visual changes to help them to select the right ships.
b4b6ag.png

The idea is easy:

• Indicate the tier on the Launch button and over the combat slots,
  • change the text dynamically based on the ships in the combat slots
  • draw an exclamation mark on the ships what is not match for the current tier

I don’t say to block them but at least inform them before they make a mistake.

This is indeed a problem, but a bigger problem is squads made of 1 guy with let’s say T3 and 2 guys with T2 and even T1 ships. 

I don’t know how the matchmaking works with this kind of squads but it’s unfair for a team of randoms to get a squad of that kind and face a proper T3 squad in the enemy team.

We just need something in the tutorial explaining the tier system and how MM works.

Half the newbies I talk to don’t even know the difference between rank and tier, never mind how MM works…

Not really needed to experienced players, but it might help new ones a lot. This suggestion would only increase understanding of basics game mechanics, so I guess it’s a great idea :slight_smile:

This is indeed a problem, but a bigger problem is squads made of 1 guy with let’s say T3 and 2 guys with T2 and even T1 ships. 

I don’t know how the matchmaking works with this kind of squads but it’s unfair for a team of randoms to get a squad of that kind and face a proper T3 squad in the enemy team.

Well… MM doesn’t seems to be fair anyway, and can be abused :smiley:

MM must be designed to prevent use of such techniques.

It’s not that hard to do, if you’re willing and able.

Matcmaking with this kind of rule _ will _ be abused by players who have enough game knoledge.

You need a measurment of player skill without taking his ship loadout into account.

And current tier dependent player skill notation is bad.

hmn, I locate the issue on a different point: in the queue player should see their MM value or rank

I will post this to the Dev - let me know if this doesnt suit you

Well yeah it used to tell you what ranks you were queing for in SKirmish so that could work. The launch button text may be nice too if it can fit.

Not sure that they need even *more* exclamation marks in boxes though ;p

The idea is really good, thank you for it. we were thinking about that too, but our work on perfecting MM is not finished yet that’s why if we have additional information on the screen, it will create a lot of confusion for players after every step of work . we appriciate ur suggestion and we will come back to it as soon as we can.

The idea is really good, thank you for it. we were thinking about that too, but our work on perfecting MM is not finished yet that’s why if we have additional information on the screen, it will create a lot of confusion for players after every step of work . we appriciate ur suggestion and we will come back to it as soon as we can.

I’m afraid it’s more confusing to players who can’t use their tier one ships in tier five fights without explanation, however. It’s not unheard of to see people doing that, still, and before the change preventing people from using low level ships in higher tiers, you’d hear more about what kind of a horrible team doesn’t support the poor tier one engineer going straight for the enemy captain than about high level ships being too good.