Thoughts and Suggestions on Project 1101

I recently built the ship and obtained its unique modules/gear, and here are my thoughts:

1. The remote drone should be pilotable, as once you launch one it is stuck there. The only way to move it is to travel 2.6km away and launch a new one, which is painfully annoying.

1. The mothership should be cloaked or radar-invisible while it has an active drone (but in the style of the MGS-Box Camo, which deactivates if you move). 

1. The active module Sharpshooter could use a reduced charge time (possibly).

What do you guys think?

It’s the most powerful sniping tool so far, i would even say to expect nerfs on it.

22 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

It’s the most powerful sniping tool so far, i would even say to expect nerfs on it.

Soon.

I don’t think the suggestes changes are necessary. The drone already allows the user to stay behind cover, thus making the ship less dependant on EM scatter. Ialso don’t know if I’d like to see an actively dodging, disintegrator drone with 18k hp in the field. I haven’t seen the sharpshooter in pvp yet, so i can’t comment on that ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

I don’t think the suggestes changes are necessary. The drone already allows the user to stay behind cover, thus making the ship less dependant on EM scatter. Ialso don’t know if I’d like to see an actively dodging, disintegrator drone with 18k hp in the field. I haven’t seen the sharpshooter in pvp yet, so i can’t comment on that ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Same, i think that the sharpshooter have the same effect as the desintegrator, that might be the reason :confused: anyone that own this module can enlighten us? ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Nope, it aims at multiple targets, think of it as an tempest, you see a red line connecting with you and the enemy, then the shots are launched in quick succession at the targets, the cone follows your reticle and can change its targets on the go, once it fires at them they cannot dodge it, good tool for close range protection but with the covert ops meta it might not be as easy to survive until its ready, so its okayish.

Oh okay, sound decent, I wonder why barely no one use it

14 hours ago, Sergalicious said:

I recently built the ship and obtained its unique modules/gear, and here are my thoughts:

1. The remote drone should be pilotable, as once you launch one it is stuck there. The only way to move it is to travel 2.6km away and launch a new one, which is painfully annoying.

1. The mothership should be cloaked or radar-invisible while it has an active drone (but in the style of the MGS-Box Camo, which deactivates if you move). 

1. The active module Sharpshooter could use a reduced charge time (possibly).

What do you guys think?

I wonder if you need any skill to hit target?

I think it is broken as hell, 100% hit rate, can’t avoid it.

Stevie Wonder balanced it again.

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

I wonder if you need any skill to hit target?

I think it is broken as hell, 100% hit rate, can’t avoid it.

Stevie Wonder balanced it again.

Use it yourself then comment. It might be ok on open fields. But it charges 5 seconds, and during that 5 seconds if target gets cover for a microsecond you miss. Its good only against inties, anything else can facetank it as long they have any shields.

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Use it yourself then comment. It might be ok on open fields. But it charges 5 seconds, and during that 5 seconds if target gets cover for a microsecond you miss. Its good only against inties, anything else can facetank it as long they have any shields.

That just explains how it works and not if you need any skill to hit target.

I’m on the opposite side of this new module and I receive hit each time with my fighter from that module.

So tell me again, what skill is needed for the user to hit a target with that module??

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

So tell me again, what skill is needed for the user to hit a target with that module??

About the same as your Oreleus.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:14 AM, Scar6 said:

1. I was thinking the scatter would be more for PvE and Open Space, as AI have no problem swarming you behind cover. Maybe it could be balanced by only coming into effect if you have a special hull/engine/something mod installed.

1. I am not suggesting it should be able to go fast, or even strafe. 100 m/s maximum. I would just like to be able to reposition it when I need it in a better spot (and if you are in cover, you literally can’t do anything about it because the only way to get rid of it would be to fly out of range, and therefore out of cover).

1. I have used the sharpshooter in PvP and it is only really good if the enemy isn’t focusing on you. As a point defense system against interceptors and fast fighters it’s not very useful. Using it to supplement to your main weapon while you help your teammate kill someone is the only place it really shines.

Why does that small white circle not appear on enemies when you play LRFs?

It’s that one which allows you to know where to shoot. Without it, you can only estimate.

I mean it shows up only when the enemy is very close, like 3-4km away. But when it’s 8-9-10km away, it’s only your skill, without that circle. Why so?

1 hour ago, DaCookiez said:

Why does that small white circle not appear on enemies when you play LRFs?

It’s that one which allows you to know where to shoot. Without it, you can only estimate.

I mean it shows up only when the enemy is very close, like 3-4km away. But when it’s 8-9-10km away, it’s only your skill, without that circle. Why so?

Target has to be in the sensor range to be tracked.