This Is How You Build The Sibyl!

xwEsRng.jpg

0TOOg3x.jpg

ex3bFdo.jpg

fYysAYj.jpg

BHrZJb7.jpg

qvDPxAO.jpg

kz0JAh4.jpg

Depending on how you fight or what you’re doing, swap between Curved Reflector and the Flat Reflector. 

Your choice in guns is your choice, though and certain implants will compliment different guns than the Meson; In any case, this is the build you’ll want. 

The Static shield can be used instead of the Repair Drones, but I prefer being able to heal myself fully. 

The shield’s defense is at 144 anti Kinetic, 149 anti EM, and it is at 143 anti Thermal when using the Multiphase Shield, which it can go up 104 more points for each type to - 248 kinetic, 253 EM, and it’ll be at 247 thermal for 6 seconds.  

The Shield regenerates at 999 shield volume per second. (which is worth at the minimum 2,427.57 shield volume per second when including the Multiphase Shield module at its base, without activation, and basing the numbers off of the lowest number, the anti thermal at

143 points = 2.43 . Which in turn is next used in this equation - 999 x 2.43 = 2,427.57

When the Multiphase shield is activated, basing the volume off of the thermal resistances once more, it becomes 999 x 3.47 = 3466.53 Volume. 

Meaning that the base shield volume, assuming that you are able to keep the Multiphase Shield online and not including the shield regeneration rate,

is worth 129,373.2 without activation from the multiphase shield to 184,742.8 shield volume with activation. Now add in the equation of time, and you’ll have have at least 48,550 extra shield volume in 20 seconds, which is worth 69,330.6 when activated by the Multiphase Shield.

Mind, these equations are done by having each point of resistance worth 0.01. with 0 being equal to 1.0 and 100 equal to 2.0, etc.

1.0 is the base shield volume without resistances. multiplying shield volume with the amount of resistance points gives the base shield volume worth.

The high base energy regeneration rate coming from the two passive armors, and the 7c implant when being hit by enemies, allows you to use your modules very easily. When you’re not being hit, you can constantly fire the Photon Emitter just about as fast as it can reload, which gives you long range fighting capabilities even if you choose to have a brawler weapon load-out. The high regeneration also helps you keep your capacitor at its full level whenever you want it to. Remember, your capacitor’s level effects your base shield regeneration; If it’s not full, you won’t get your full amount of shield regeneration, so keep this in mind; You can have all of the shield regeneration in the world, but if you don’t have the energy regeneration to support it, it’s all for naught. 

The Wormhole Projector allows you to either escape, or to bring yourself to an instant broadside to the enemy. Use it wisely.

Fire it, and position yourself to where your cannons and modules will be aimed at the best side of the enemy when you actually warp. Prepare before-hand. If the Wormhole happens to hit someone on accident or on purpose, it’ll deal damage instead. Around 2k, I think. never checked. 

The Tempest Launcher can be seen as an “anti Destroyer’s modules” module, but it can also be used to destroy close range targets, or to maul a beacon with missiles until the interceptor around it flees or dies, provided you aren’t too close and hitting yourself instead. It’s to be used carefully, and mostly while still, so it fires where you want it to, else it’ll just fire off into the void. You can also turn your ship while firing it to gain a larger area

of lock-on able targets. Of course, the Photon Emitter can also be used as a deterrent to close range ships.

If two destroyers cover each-other, they can fire their missiles and Photons right at each-other to remove pesky interceptors without damaging themselves in the process, provided that you’re not in a realistic mode. The other way is to be close to an object that you can use to fire at and destroy close-by ships via explosion radius.

The Multiphase Shield increases your shield’s shield volume worth by increasing its defenses with resistance points.

To keep this module safe, put it on the opposite side you usually fight facing towards the enemy. The other side is where the Photon Emitter will reside,

so that you can use the Tempest Launcher and the Photon Emitter together, and also so that you can keep the Multiphase shield as the last module that has a chance to be destroyed. It is very important that you keep it safe. It’s your Number 1 module. 

But, remember this - No matter what ship or build you use, positioning is everything.

you forgot to put “should not” in the title

This is how you should not build a Sibyl.

You are welcome

And this is exactly the reason why I use Fun Suppressor on my ECMs.

Also the spread and range on your Mesons are terrible.

The spread really isn’t a problem. There is such a thing as letting the weapon bring its spread down to near zero and firing a few shots for long range successive hits. Beyond that, it’s really a close-range weapon. Sure, you can adjust it to more of a long-range focus, but its primary use is at close ranges, where it hits frigates and interceptors alike. Especially because it has a high spread, it can hit just about anything. 

High spread is a good thing, especially when you have a lot of cannons. 

In any case, the long range is generally the Photon Emitter’s job, especially since the Meson Cannon cannot shoot through Static shields. 

To do that, you have to get close and broadside. 

About meson: with that spread you are even going to miss some shots against destroyers. Meson is good against other destroyers at mid range…its bad without electronic guidance. Spread can be good, but that much will only alert players you are shooting them cause the dps will be so low they will ignore you. I could agree curved is good on fed destroyer, but not in sybil. You will even miss plenty of shots to fighters near to 1km distance. Also as mecron sayed, the range is awfull for such low speed…any destroyer will laugh by firing you at further than 3km.

For the shield, its bad to use 2 EM resists: first because stacking reduces their effectiveness, second because EM mods give the lowest resist points for shields (and as you shouldve understood from discussing a lot with kostyan, resist points grant a linear benefit), third because you can instead use EM resistance as synergy bonus (this combined with 1 EM and 1 kinetic resist mod will grant you 30 extra resist points, with similar EM resists -92 EM pts- but much higher kinetic resists).

As you should know too, jericho destroyers main tanking comes from hull, not shields. I would say 1 passive armor is enough for energy stability and the implant would keep your cap near 100% when under fire while using mods, but in order to maintain survability i would use instead 1 voltage regulator and armor plated hull or so…2 passive armors are way too much; no need for that much energy and hull tanking is almost the worst possible. This is the kind of destroyer that can be blown up in 5 seconds.

EDIT: also your photon emitter should be at top, so you can shoot it from any side while firing main weapons. This mod MUST be on top since the cooldown is so low you cant afford to wait and change broadside. My invincible has its plasma turret on one side, i know you can face with one side often, but not all enemies will allow you to prepare which side to show, running away wont allow you either.

I’ll take another look at the EM synergy bonus. Though, I will say that the reason I maximized the EM defense is because of the large prevalence of EM damages over the other two types. Going for another type may very well weaken the ship in the long run. You can’t go wrong with this build, but there are some uses for increasing kinetic or thermal, as well. Even some extra shield regeneration could be of some use. Beyond that, I can’t wait until the rank 14’s come out. The 12c implant will be extremely useful. 

The photon Emitter being on the side is actually pretty useful. Instead of only being able to fire at ships above and to the side of you, (mind, you still need to tilt if the photon emitter’s on the top, instead of on the side) you get to shoot below, to the side you aimed and above you. sacrificing an entire side and simply planning which side you’ll attack with gives you a better area of attack without the need of losing yourself in what’s up or down. It also provides some extra defense against those that sneak under you, seeking your blind-spot for your main cannons and top modules. Putting the Wormhole on the top instead gives it a good area of warp-ability. And the missile launcher up there is needed as well, having it up there and using it alongside the photon emitter in a broadside is very useful. Beyond that, you need to keep the Multiphase Shield on the opposite side of the main battle, improving its chances of being of constant use to you. 

The Meson’s spread can hit, without missing any real noticeable amount of dps, even fighters at 1-2km. It hits even better the closer they get, at that. Frigates aren’t really missed, and dessies will be hit. Even if a few shots stray off of the path, the increase in dps makes up for it a good deal. With inties, it only needs a few shots to really constantly hit to be effective. The spread allows this. 

Any less energy regeneration, and the Photon Emitter would not be able to be used successively. I’d personally add a defensive module to the mix when the Rank 14 version comes out, however. In any case, it’s not about energy stability for the thrusters so much as it is energy stability for the Photon Emitter and shield regeneration even when you’re not being fired at. Sometimes it’s best to be in situations where you’re firing from a distance before the next broadside. 

As for the Jericho dessies mainly being hull tanks, I disagree. At least coming from the rank 11+ standpoint, I heavily disagree. Rank 8 dessies, perhaps, but at rank 11+ you have the modules you need to truly rely on the shield. 

You can have all of the shield regeneration in the world, but, if you don’t have the energy regeneration to support it, it will be useless to you.  

yeah and 90 000 base Hull hp there (twice of a shield hp pool) is there just for the show.

It’s a nice volume buffer for the black holes, and the repair drones keep up with it. Having a good amount of volume with a small amount of resist points is pretty decent as well. Especially since when the shield is down, the enemy will still be hitting 999 extra shield points per second while they try to get through the hull. As well as the hull regenerating at 400+ p/s. Which the shield regeneration constantly helps to keep the energy high, which in turn improves shield regeneration. 

Not relying on the hull is in of itself a boon. As it takes far too long to repair to be constantly in battle. 

Or you can have a Destroyer with 4x times more survivable than this, have 2x dmg than this and be actually usefully to its team. 

Survivability points is a lie. As for damage, yes, I can see that having something that can go through shield modules is a fine weapon, but it’s not my goal to fight those. Anyone that uses a Meson knows that those kinds of dessies have to be fought differently than their actual prey. In any case, that’s what the Photon Emitter is for. Positioning is everything. Timing is needed in the planning process. 

It has nothing to do with survivability points, I did not say it has 4x raw tank, i said it has a capability to survive 4 times better which comes from extremely cheap static shields that produce enormous tank which back up by mix of resistance-regeneration on shields and raw tanking on Hull. 

Dmg comes not only from numbers on stats, but how much of a presence on a battlefield one has, which comes from different factors and one of them how long you can stay in fight to enforce your presence.

The tankier you are - the more dmg you have

The more accurate you are - the more dmg you have

The more range you have - the more dmg you have

Your build fails at tanking, at accuracy, at dmg, at sustainability, at enforcement, it fails as being a bigger threat than others.

13 hours ago, xKostyan said:

yeah and 90 000 base Hull hp there (twice of a shield hp pool) is there just for the show.

And yeah, it is practically for show.

Such large hull volume has no place even being needed on Jericho ships. I’d be much more in favor of increasing the shield volume to its proper levels of 80-100k volume and decrease the hull volume to that of the empire dessies’ shields, if not only a little bit higher. 40k hull volume on a Jericho Dessie would be perfectly acceptable. In any case, it really only serves as a base buffer for module loss and some hull damage that happens from time to time and in certain situations. 

In other words, hull is to Jericho as shield is to Empire. 

Here’s a few other acceptable versions for the shield’s defenses - 

It goes without saying that each one has a different play-style in pvp and pve. Use to your own discretion. For certain pve maps, you can even simply just focus on Kinetic and Thermal, while others it may be kinetic and EM damage. Take note of what you’re doing and adjust accordingly.

mza1KgR.jpg

33t8vV5.jpg

bzChY0C.jpg

LTAT3He.jpg

1isnqpc.jpg

13 minutes ago, WolfKhan said:

And yeah, it is practically for show.

Such large hull volume has no place even being needed on Jericho ships

And with this goes all of your credibility on being a good builder. The destroyer is built this way. You either play into its innate strengths or you are building a ship wrong.

On 6/20/2016 at 7:20 PM, Papitas said:

As you should know too, jericho destroyers main tanking comes from hull, not shields. I would say 1 passive armor is enough for energy stability and the implant would keep your cap near 100% when under fire while using mods, but in order to maintain survability i would use instead 1 voltage regulator and armor plated hull or so…2 passive armors are way too much; no need for that much energy and hull tanking is almost the worst possible. This is the kind of destroyer that can be blown up in 5 seconds.

Alright, I took another look. The bad news is that with a single passive armor, it’s not enough energy regeneration to keep up with the modules. 

The good news is that you can make it enough. Just need to switch one thing - Crew to 10b implant, and if that’s not enough, the 8th synergy bonus will remove that problem with minus energy usage. 

The bad side to this is that they’ll do less damage, but the good side is that you can squeeze in some extra tank, if you do decide to go with it this way. This’ll clear two other hull modules for tanking, if that’s the route you go with for the rank 14 version.

For instance, - 

6eVgoJ1.jpg

Of course, there’s always the other option where you keep both hull energy regen modules and switch the crew and synergy bonuses to decrease the amount of time you need to wait to use these modules.

On 22 giugno 2016 at 8:00 AM, WolfKhan said:

Alright, I took another look. The bad news is that with a single passive armor, it’s not enough energy regeneration to keep up with the modules. 

The good news is that you can make it enough. Just need to switch one thing - Crew to 10b implant, and if that’s not enough, the 8th synergy bonus will remove that problem with minus energy usage. 

The bad side to this is that they’ll do less damage, but the good side is that you can squeeze in some extra tank, if you do decide to go with it this way. This’ll clear two other hull modules for tanking, if that’s the route you go with for the rank 14 version.

For instance, - 

6eVgoJ1.jpg

Of course, there’s always the other option where you keep both hull energy regen modules and switch the crew and synergy bonuses to decrease the amount of time you need to wait to use these modules.

Why the hell are you using an EM insulation over a Galvanized Armor? The rotation malus is very little, since Destroyers already have low rotation. 

Also, I’m a bad ship builder, but I would have removed a shield slot (no increased kinetic resistance) and added a Computer slot to reduce the spread on that meson cannon. 

my brave has 223 energy regen and 221 afterburner cost; with R10 and lvl 8 energy reduction cost for modules you get enough energy to use photon without cooldown and increase energy pool slowly, allowing the use of another module after 2-3 photon shots. As you sayed, with sybil its more than enough using implant+synergy bonus because you get a lot of energy thx to J7. Of course your energy wont do very well at PVE because you will receive way too low dmg…unless your team gets wrecked or you are facing the cruiser with a YOLO tactic XD

I prefer using hulls for tanking rather than energy regen, and i would prefer at least 1 CPU (in exchange of a hull/cap) in order to get flexibility for different scenarios…that would also reduce the penalty for stacking 2-3 mods, making each module more efective.

18 hours ago, ShonFrost said:

Why the hell are you using an EM insulation over a Galvanized Armor? The rotation malus is very little, since Destroyers already have low rotation. 

Also, I’m a bad ship builder, but I would have removed a shield slot (no increased kinetic resistance) and added a Computer slot to reduce the spread on that meson cannon. 

The EM insulator would simply be for the Halo launcher, since it’s the general-use anti dessie gun to be used alongside a photon emitter, while the galva is simply another option that helps to prepare against all options. I’m not really choosing one or the other. I was just using that one as an example.  

If I were to remove any slot, it’d be one capacitor slot instead and switch the third shield slot to shield regen if I were to forgo the extra kinetic resists. (you’ll get 629 base shield regen) In any case, I still don’t see the spread to be much of a problem; I kill inties with it fairly fast when they try to get in close for the kill, and it works nicely alongside the Photon Emitter. 

Well, either way, if you want to switch a module, switch a capacitor, not the shield. Aside from that, you could even switch one of the hull slots.

Just depends on what you like, really. 

As for a good optimal range to fight with Meson, it’s at its best within about 2500km for shields, 1500km for hull. the sweet spot for killing any ship is within 1000km, and you’ll gain a special treat for killing within 800km or less. 

4 hours ago, Papitas said:

my brave has 223 energy regen and 221 afterburner cost; with R10 and lvl 8 energy reduction cost for modules you get enough energy to use photon without cooldown and increase energy pool slowly, allowing the use of another module after 2-3 photon shots. As you sayed, with sybil its more than enough using implant+synergy bonus because you get a lot of energy thx to J7. Of course your energy wont do very well at PVE because you will receive way too low dmg…unless your team gets wrecked or you are facing the cruiser with a YOLO tactic XD

I prefer using hulls for tanking rather than energy regen, and i would prefer at least 1 CPU (in exchange of a hull/cap) in order to get flexibility for different scenarios…that would also reduce the penalty for stacking 2-3 mods, making each module more efective.

Don’t use afterburners ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

(except when you need to get somewhere or turn quickly to attack)

Another option for hull tanking is to use the adaptive shield on the shield slots. One module will give +42 shield and hull resists to each. To use these, though, you need a full amount of energy regen. Don’t go overboard on the adaptives, though; You still need at least one normal module for the usual shield defenses. 

2 hours ago, WolfKhan said:

Don’t use afterburners ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

(except when you need to get somewhere or turn quickly to attack)

Another option for hull tanking is to use the adaptive shield on the shield slots. One module will give +42 shield and hull resists to each. To use these, though, you need a full amount of energy regen. Don’t go overboard on the adaptives, though; You still need at least one normal module for the usual shield defenses. 

thats why fed is great for adaptives: more turning, great speed, best energy stability.