There Needs to be a Reset (At Release)

EDIT: Disregard the idea of reset, this thread is more about matchmaking than reset now.

Before you start typing your message shooting me down for this view, allow me to elaborate.

The reason I think there absolutely  has to be a reset is simple really. It will give everyone in the beginning a level playing field and a clean slate to start on. Sure, those who get themselves shekels and pay to gain an advantage, they will level faster than most people but I think if we’re to expect the playerbase to increase everyone has to feel like they have a fighting chance.

Currently, joining the party a bit late here (only been playing 2 weeks), I see massive potential here. I love this game like all you vets up in T5 do and I want to see it become the next War Thunder or World of Tanks… in terms of playerbase size. I think the ideas are solid and they are there, just the balancing in matchmaking is way off and the wait times are ridiculous.

The only reason I see for not resetting is so people don’t have to grind again. I understand… nobody enjoys grinding… but do you really have to grind out the ships?

To be competitive in Sector Conquest? Okay, here’s a solution to this problem. Have differing tiers to Sector Conquest… One for each tier bracket. There you go, problem solved… so the first people to T5 cannot dominate (as is happening right now if I am not mistaken?).

Any additional decent reasons as to why there shouldn’t be a reset are welcome but I think it would be more of a gain than a loss to this game… it gives the new people joining after Gaijin finally advertise this game… which really I think they should be doing right now if I’m honest, a fighting chance to play on a level playing field and in theory should reduce queue times in the lower tier matches which, again in theory, should help with increasing playerbase thanks to less waiting and more pewpew.

Don’t get me wrong, I get why people don’t want one… if I was at the top I would probably be biased against… but as a guy simply joining the game and loving every second I can see why, from the new players perspective, there would be a reason to quit.

• Joppsta
  • People in T5 dominate not because of the gear or because they got there first, but because of skill and team synergy.

• This game is already divided into tiers so veterans in high tiers fight same people, and all new players will get into the pool with same new players

• Alot of people here invested a lot of money into this game already 

• Assuming whole core players base doesn’t quit after the wipe, what will they have to do? Right they will have to start all over from T1, that core player base will make a living hell for everyone who is new to this game, they will make everyone quit after 1-3 games, it is not like grinding can be done in a week, low tier will be sexualy harrased for months if there will be anyone to harass.

• I see no advantages to new players from wiping all veterans, only negatives as forcing them actually fighting all veterans over and over and over, while right now there is a good separation between them.

• The whole assumption of whipe is based on a fact that gear gives you huge advantage over all those that just started the game, but the fact is due to separation in tiers, game modes. It will be exactly the same for newer player to enter SecCon as it is right now - you get mixed in the same team with veterans and no matter of gear on you if you have no clue how to play you will destroyed. Difference Mk4 to Mk2 is noticeable but it is marginal comparing to the factor of skill and knowledge in this game.

And that is just from top of my head

• People in T5 dominate not because of the gear or because they got there first, but because of skill and team synergy.

• This game is already divided into tiers so veterans in high tiers fight same people, and all new players will get into the pool with same new players

• Assuming whole core players base doesn’t quit after the wipe, what will they have to do? Right they will have to start all over from T1, that core player base will make a living hell for everyone who is new to this game, they will make everyone quit after 1-3 games, it is not like grinding can be done in a week, low tier will be sexualy harrased for months if there will be anyone to harass.

• I see no advantages to new players from wiping all veterans, only negatives as forcing them actually fighting all veterans over and over and over, while right now there is a good separation between them.

• The whole assumption of whipe is based on a fact that gear gives you huge advantage over all those that just started the game, but the fact is due to separation in tiers, game modes. It will be exactly the same for newer player to enter SecCon as it is right now - you get mixed in the same team with veterans and no matter of gear on you if you have no clue how to play you will destroyed. Difference Mk4 to Mk2 is noticeable but it is marginal comparing to the factor of skill and knowledge in this game.

And that is just from top of my head

This ^ and if there was a wipe, Me and practically entire corporations that spent a year gaining our skills, ships, and credits have been for naught and would quit on the spot. 

Also the people who spent money, regardless of amount would feel cheated. Thus the company would go under after every person rants on there account getting wiped. 

By law (correct me if I am wrong) they have to state they will make a account wipe from the very beginning. (World of Tanks 360 has that, which is the reason I wont play it) 

Devs already stated “No wipe planned”. It’s a soft release.

Veteran players don’t want to have their progression / invested time wiped.

The only reason I see for not resetting is so people don’t have to grind again. I understand… nobody enjoys grinding… but do you really have to grind out the ships?

And what about PPL who supported the game by buying DLC / GS ?

To be competitive in Sector Conquest?

Sector Conquest is the End-Game content for Competitive Corporations/Players.All the tiers are mixed (at least T3 to T5) to prevent Zerg Corps.

This mode IS for Competitive Players/Corps, being Competitive means “reach the last Tiers of ships / Fit them / Master the game Mechanics”.

people to T5 cannot dominate (as is happening right now if I am not mistaken?).

It’s the meaning of Sector Conquest. Domination of the Galaxy.

And what do we use to Dominate the Galaxy? The best Technology we can have :smiley: T5 ships Full Purple Equiped.

Most of the Matchmaking problem will disappears with the expansion of the playerbase when the game will be release. And publicity will be made about the game. It’s just a question of time and patience.

The new players will have no difficulties to join the game.

Everytime people want to join a club, they ask for the entry being lowered.

Once they joined the club, they ask for the entry being elevated.

• Freestyled after C.S. Lewis, who might have cited somebody else in this case who cares.

I know what you might feel right now, but believe me, a wipe would not have your desired effect. It would only break the playerbase, and take away very well spent hours to focus on getting deeper into it. Also, it is easier to grind, while you learn.

I always disliked the tier system per se, hating to grind, but clearly, I needed the exercise to grow into my ships, and still need it to grow further. You have the chance to learn from others, who would not care to explain simple things anymore, because we got used to it, we do not even explain it anymore, so basicly, especially for your youtube cast, be happy that you found this game this early, so you can already see players in multiple tiers and have a forum full of useful information to pick up (even if many things might be outdated).

You need to play a couple hundred games to just start to notice what ESB players do e.g. if they post videos, otherwise it might just look like pure carnage, and you might blame their items, but it’s not just that.

There was once a hard reset, like I told you. NO ONE was happy about it. And I do mean no one.

Well, I am enjoying hearing what others think.

My main reason for arguing for reset is pretty simple, I seen it happen in WoT previously and although I hated it (because I’d already done my grind) the rat race up the tiers was an interesting one to behold. The only time the game felt truly balanced was back then… before the imbalances of people being in T5/6/7/8/9/10 became a concern due to xxxx matchmaking… kind of like how I think the matchmaker in this game operates, taking “skill” into account further confusing and complicating the issue to the casual player.

One thing I think is a good idea in the end is having competitive Sector Conquest on every tier level though, it means that the “proleethaxorz” can have their T5 SC and the “Aces” can hang out in T1. Of course, differing reward levels for different tiers apply too. Simply labelling it “end game content” is a pretty simple minded way to put it if you ask me… maybe some corps would prefer having the affordable and accessible lower tiers to play in?

I just think having varying levels of entry to SC is a very attractive option to the less populous Corps. One thing i hated about World of Tanks whatever they called their version was that it was essentially T9/10 or go home. It doesn’t really offer much other than an additional reason to grind to the upper echelons of ships otherwise you don’t get to participate with your Corp.

Of course one assumption is being made when suggesting this though,  playerbase increasing in size drastically. Otherwise this causes more queue issues etc.

If this doesn’t happen I think this game will always be great, sure, but it will always be lacking the following it deserves.

• Joppsta

I don’t think a reset will be necessary, especially when the mm is fixed. even without a mm change, new players will be placed against other new players at the low tiers, and veterans will continue to play other veterans at mid-high tiers.

because of the mm’s gross punishment for skill level/ship upgrades, veterans will be 2-3 ranks lower in battle than any new players than they encounter.

the developers did mention that they are working on a new mm system, and I would assume that it would be implemented before the actual release of the game.

no, no, no, no!

Simply NO!

That kind of idea is perfect for those crappy corporations that doesnt do anything to improve their piloting skills, the corporations that love to be carried through battles, and the corporations that love to zerg for sector conquest. For the COMPETITIVE (To whom the sector conquest is aimed to) corps have a place to fight against other COMPETITIVE corporations. It would be like an HEROIC mode of a raid in world of warcraft, theres a normal mode (here is the standard PVP) and there is the HEROIC mode for PROS, that REALLY enforce teamplay, attention to details, skill, and etc… Wiping everything and make that sector conquest tier separated will cause what? Simple, Lets take ESB for instance. They have REALLY good teamplay, they got all the ships maxed out, and they know how to make a bloodbath in every battle. What will they do if their goal is to take all the universe? They will take all sectors in T5, then they will take all sectors in T4, then T3 (where nawb zerg corps starts to inhabit), then T2 (where begginers start to learn more about the game), then finnaly T1 (crushing the hopes of all new players on the zerg corps).

This, and ALL kostyan, oryngton and rakza said. So basically…NO! NO! NO!

no, no, no, no!

Simply NO!

That kind of idea is perfect for those crappy corporations that doesnt do anything to improve their piloting skills, the corporations that love to be carried through battles, and the corporations that love to zerg for sector conquest. For the COMPETITIVE (To whom the sector conquest is aimed to) corps have a place to fight against other COMPETITIVE corporations. It would be like an HEROIC mode of a raid in world of warcraft, theres a normal mode (here is the standard PVP) and there is the HEROIC mode for PROS, that REALLY enforce teamplay, attention to details, skill, and etc… Wiping everything and make that sector conquest tier separated will cause what? Simple, Lets take ESB for instance. They have REALLY good teamplay, they got all the ships maxed out, and they know how to make a bloodbath in every battle. What will they do if their goal is to take all the universe? They will take all sectors in T5, then they will take all sectors in T4, then T3 (where nawb zerg corps starts to inhabit), then T2 (where begginers start to learn more about the game), then finnaly T1 (crushing the hopes of all new players on the zerg corps).

This, and ALL kostyan, oryngton and rakza said. So basically…NO! NO! NO!

Simply have it so your Corp can only be active in one tier of SC then ^^

Sector conquest is untiered! It will remain so. We must be allowed to keep what we have worked for in the past few months.

Simply have it so your Corp can only be active in one tier of SC then ^^

Again, For example, do you really think the good corps would want to kill eachother while they can chose to farm easy kills on the other nawbs? Lets Say ESB take over tier 5,

Nova tier 4, WPK tier 3, Nasa tier 2, and Mek(Seen some good squads from there) took tier 1. Do you know what would happen to zerg corps? They would get stomped in every tier they try to go in.

And my position remains this: Dont mess around with things that are working (at least partially) NO WIPE, No divided Sector Conquest. If one doesnt have the ships and skills to go for Sector conquest, dont go, simple as that, I dont have the ships for Sector Conquest, and i dont even try to go there to not be a hinderance to the other corps.

Again, For example, do you really think the good corps would want to kill eachother while they can chose to farm easy kills on the other nawbs? Lets Say ESB take over tier 5,

Nova tier 4, WPK tier 3, Nasa tier 2, and Mek(Seen some good squads from there) took tier 1. Do you know what would happen to zerg corps? They would get stomped in every tier they try to go in.

And my position remains this: Dont mess around with things that are working (at least partially) NO WIPE, No divided Sector Conquest. If one doesnt have the ships and skills to go for Sector conquest, dont go, simple as that, I dont have the ships for Sector Conquest, and i dont even try to go there to not be a hinderance to the other corps.

You act like we want Tier 2. You’ll have to fight us for Tier 3!

Well, yes.

Higher tier SC = more reward.

Well, yes.

Higher tier SC = more reward.

Hey Jop, what timezone and Tier you fly usually? I really want to squad with some one like you, that is in T2, as I have a bunch of T2 ships that need to be synergized. 

Hey Jop, what timezone and Tier you fly usually? I really want to squad with some one like you, that is in T2, as I have a bunch of T2 ships that need to be synergized. 

I am in jolly old Scotland so … GMT 00:00 +0 ^^

If you add me on Skype or something … 

The only reason I keep playing this is because I already have sufficient geared ships on tier already and I am comfortable playing at. 
Ever since 0.9.0 I am saying to myself “If I had to start over in its current state I would not.” 

The only reason I keep playing this is because I already have sufficient geared ships on tier already and I am comfortable playing at. 

Ever since 0.9.0 I am saying to myself “If I had to start over in its current state I would not.” 

I agree so much with that statement, to get where I am now, would be about 2 years of grind. No way jose

I imagine that just forum regulars have shelled out a combined grand at a low ball estimate to put things in perspective.  The rage quitting would be so massive that the new question would become “how come no one plays T2?”

It took 1000 hours to gain a good footing in T5. I’d rather not repeat that.

Especially since I have college to worry about now.