"The Waiting Game"

I propose that a very small mini-game be implemented in to the game that people can play while waiting in queues. It should be 2-D and be possibly like a flat version of the actual PvE. You are a ship and your task is to eliminate as many enemies as you can while not getting killed. You have a selection of three weapons, four secondary weapons, some modules, and a plethora of very small rewards to compensate for your time. They are listed below:

Weapons:

1. Assault Railgun: Acts just like the weapon in the actual game. Rapid fire with medium damage and high spread. Starter weapon.

2. Plasma Launcher: Fires bolts of plasma that explode for high damage. They are slow and with a low rate of fire, but deal lots of damage in a wide range. No spread.

3. Thermal Blaster: Fires like a Minigun. Deals very little damage per shot but has an amazingly high rate of fire. Slight spread.

Secondary weapons:

1. Flak Missile: Fires in the direction you aim and locks on to the closest target, following them until impact. Deals medium-high damage.

2. Anomaly Bombs: Cause a large explosion wherever the user’s cursor is. High damage.

3. Sweeper Beam: Fires a large beam in the direction of the cursor that acts like a Pyro Emitter that can be controlled for a small amount of time.

4. Razor Drone: Launches a small drone to help kill enemies.

Modules:

All modules gained are passive and always active.

1. Arc Lance: Creates a spear of energy in front of your ship that will instantly kill anything that touches it. Extremely low range.

2. Stern Shield: Creates a barrier on the rear of the ship that absorbs all incoming damage.

3. Nanites: Passively restores one point of health every 3 seconds.

Possible rewards:

1. Credits: Awarded per kill in small amounts depending on your highest rank ship.

2. Upgrade kits: Awarded on completion of waves.

3. GS: Awarded for killing rare special enemies in small amounts.

4. Premium: Awarded after you have finished 5 waves. Premium only lasts for the next battle. Meant as a way to compensate lost time.

The game:

The game would appear as an option as soon as the player is in queue and persist until the player goes in to battle. The player’s ship would be simply the small ship icon seen in various modules suck as the Reverse Thruster, and come equipped with a single main weapon, as well as three Flak Missiles. Enemies would spawn at the top of the screen in packs and the player would be required to destroy them to move on, while avoiding slow incoming fire. Much like the old game “Galaga” except both the enemies and the player can move freely in the 2-D plane. As the player kills enemies, their score goes up. The score is their reward in credits. As they kill enemies, some may also drop “Containers” which commonly drop missiles, rarely drop weapons, and more rarely drop special rewards. To collect them, the player must simply run in to them. The main weapon will be given the option to be changed using the 1,2,3 keys and the missiles will be swapped using the 4,5,6,7 keys. W,A,S,D will be the movement controls and the mouse click controls will remain the same. Enemies will come in waves and the wave completion will be showed at the top as “xx/xx Enemies destroyed.” Upon completion of each wave, rewards will be instantly deposited in the user’s warehouse or bank. If the player goes in to battle thy will be given rewards as well. If the player is killed, their wave progress will be reset, but any rewards already earned will still be given to them.

I propose that a very small mini-game be implemented in to the game that people can play while waiting in queues. It should be 2-D and be possibly like a flat version of the actual PvE. You are a ship and your task is to eliminate as many enemies as you can while not getting killed. You have a selection of three weapons, four missiles, and a plethora of very small rewards to compensate for your time. They are listed below:

Weapons:

1. Assault Railgun: Acts just like the weapon in the actual game. Rapid fire with medium damage and high spread. Starter weapon.

2. Plasma Launcher: Fires bolts of plasma that explode for high damage. They are slow and with a low rate of fire, but deal lots of damage in a wide range. No spread.

3. Thermal Blaster: Fires like a Minigun. Deals very little damage per shot but has an amazingly high rate of fire. Slight spread.

Secondary weapons:

1. Flak Missile: Fires in the direction you aim and locks on to the closest target, following them until impact. Deals medium-high damage.

2. Anomaly Bombs: Cause a large explosion wherever the user’s cursor is. High damage.

3. Sweeper Beam: Fires a large beam in the direction of the cursor that acts like a Pyro Emitter that can be controlled for a small amount of time.

4. Razor Drone: Launches a small drone to help kill enemies.

Possible rewards:

1. Credits: Awarded per kill in small amounts depending on your highest rank ship.

2. Upgrade kits: Awarded on completion of waves.

3. GS: Awarded for killing rare special enemies in small amounts.

4. Premium: Awarded after you have finished 5 waves. Premium only lasts for the next battle. Meant as a way to compensate lost time.

The game:

The game would appear as an option as soon as the player is in queue and persist until the player goes in to battle. The player’s ship would be simply the small ship icon seen in various modules suck as the Reverse Thruster, and come equipped with a single main weapon, as well as three Flak Missiles. Enemies would spawn at the top of the screen in packs and the player would be required to destroy them to move on, while avoiding slow incoming fire. Much like the old game “Galaga” except both the enemies and the player can move freely in the 2-D plane. As the player kills enemies, their score goes up. The score is their reward in credits. As they kill enemies, some may also drop “Containers” which commonly drop missiles, rarely drop weapons, and more rarely drop special rewards. To collect them, the player must simply run in to them. The main weapon will be given the option to be changed using the 1,2,3 keys and the missiles will be swapped using the 4,5,6,7 keys. W,A,S,D will be the movement controls and the mouse click controls will remain the same. Enemies will come in waves and the wave completion will be showed at the top as “xx/xx Enemies destroyed.” Upon completion of each wave, rewards will be instantly deposited in the user’s warehouse or bank. If the player goes in to battle thy will be given rewards as well. If the player is killed, their wave progress will be reset, but any rewards already earned will still be given to them.

I gotta admit, this made my day so much, the whole idea is hilarious as it is pretty well done. Don’t know where i stand on it, but just props to you Fox, never thought i see a suggestion based upon the waiting time for games :005j:  :fed013:

So you like it, yes? :3

I say no to this mini-game  without squads   :00444:  Only joking.

I fear this mini-game will decrease a lot posts in forum. 

Is that not a good thing?

Also wait times account for probably 20-30% of my in-game time. I’d love to have something besides brows other websites to do while I wait. Something productive.

Less forum crawlers… well, yes. It is good.

And what about an Open Space mode. You play in OS until your queue is over. 

Check from youtube Escape Velocity Nova. It is an old game from 1995 from Ambrosia Software. It is about trading and fighting pirates in space. In 2d. I had good moments with it.

Lol I love this idea! 

But the game should also drop neodium and beryllium :stuck_out_tongue:

On June 19, 2016 at 4:46 AM, ShonFrost said:

Lol I love this idea! 

But the game should also drop neodium and beryllium ![:p](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Yas

• to this.
    Sometimes it’s really annoying to wait several minutes. o.o

We will better continue to make improvements to reduce queue time for everyone ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

So you will finally start advertising to gain a bigger playerbase? Else if there are hardly one, reducing queue time is impossible.

Even with better queue times I’d like a small game like this. XD

On 08.07.2016 at 5:42 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Even with better queue times I’d like a small game like this. XD

Hmm… What about this one? ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Rangers_2:_Dominators

40 minutes ago, CinnamonFake said:

Hmm… What about this one? ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Rangers_2:_Dominators

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart

I Loved Space Rangers :’(
I also bought the HD: A War Apart last year but I was never able to play it 'cause it’s so “old” now somehow.

But back then I loved SP A LOT!

Okay yesterday I got the long rope. Waiting over 6! freaking minutes for PvE scenario captured Dreadnought…

See? This would be a great addition! Xp

while this is a good idea and some games have done it. it just can’t be done.

it isn’t impossible it is actually quite easy to do, the problem is the same reason other games don’t do it and that is because Namco a game company in japan has a copyright claim on loading screen minigames.

i just checked and it expired in 2015 so it is fine to do it now.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidHoppe/20150109/233806/2015_The_Year_We_Get_Loading_Screen_MiniGames_Back.php

3 minutes ago, Yuki76702 said:

while this is a good idea and some games have done it. it just can’t be done.

it isn’t impossible it is actually quite easy to do, the problem is the same reason other games don’t do it and that is because Namco a game company in japan has a copyright claim on loading screen minigames.

i just checked and it expired in 2015 so it is fine to do it now

… Then why hasn’t it been done???