The Techno Virus!

The Techno Virus! 

Gamemode - Up to 16 players 

Type - PVP 

Tier Specific - Yes, only T3-5 are allowed to participate

Rewards - Infected player gets X2 rewards if win and half normal rewards for losing. Others its a clear loss or win. 

Summary of gamemode - 1 ship is randomly selected to have the “techno Virus!” and receives the X5 buff (Take every stat and times it by a factoid of 5) to go against the other 15 players. The infected player has to destroy all the ships within the allotted time to win or vice versa. 

Time limit - 5 minutes

1v15? how would yo do it? even with that X5 buff u’re talking about.

Make it 5 against 15 and it’s more possible, because only 1 “infected” it’s kinda impossible to survive againt those odds, I just imagined this: Bep-bep-bep-bep-bep-BOOM! 15 torpedoes to the face.

well lets think about it for a second. 

Not only base stats but even modules and weapons get that buff. Every normal numerical number is times fived. 

So a pulsar that does 1000 damage per pulse will do 5000 dmg (thermal). A weapon that does only 200 dmg per shot will do 1000. etc. 

Now this is balanced, cause against 15 people with normal stats it will take a good amount of time to bring down the juggernaut of a virus down, even if hes running a frigate! 

Also his own weapons are x5, shields x5 regen, etc. 

What about the cooldowns? 

Sounds like fun, but I’m not sure the game’s physics engine could handle it. Also, a 5 minute time limit? That sounds intense.

Multiplying a ship’s maximum speed by a factor of 5 could make it too fast to control as well as impossible to track and hit. The game mode might devolve into 15 people trying to get a lucky Disentigrator shot with an Empire Long Range Frigate. Personally, I do not comprehend how stat values are computed in this game. I just like to fly around and shoot stuff. Considering the recent EM resistance bug regarding shield EM resistance, the system appears to be less than straightforward.

Still, your idea is an interesting one. I think establishing true balance in the new game mode could prove rather challenging, if not impossible. I think it is worthy of some discussion. Perhaps if someone more knowledgeable than myself could chime in…

(You’re up, xKostyan)

What about the cooldowns? 

Reduced by a accumulated factor of 5 

Sounds like fun, but I’m not sure the game’s physics engine could handle it. Also, a 5 minute time limit? That sounds intense.

Multiplying a ship’s maximum speed by a factor of 5 could make it too fast to control as well as impossible to track and hit. The game mode might devolve into 15 people trying to get a lucky Disentigrator shot with an Empire Long Range Frigate. Personally, I do not comprehend how stat values are computed in this game. I just like to fly around and shoot stuff. Considering the recent EM resistance bug regarding shield EM resistance, the system appears to be less than straightforward.

Still, your idea is an interesting one. I think establishing true balance in the new game mode could prove rather challenging, if not impossible. I think it is worthy of some discussion. Perhaps if someone more knowledgeable than myself could chime in…

(You’re up, xKostyan)

P.S. Did you really just make a post without referencing sweetrolls? I’m shocked.

Speed will have that hard limit of 700. 

I did some maths, and I  found that a frigate of 500,000 survivability will die in about 33 seconds assuming everyone is doing a minium amount of 1000 DMG. (in including resistances or modules or phase shield) 

Yes, let’s rip off every game mode we can from the Halo franchise.

I’m actually dead serious, no sarcasm. Good way to temporarily pump more life into the game.

Juggernaut, SWAT, Oddball, Infection, Slayer; lots of potential there. Also, if there were a way to have 3 or 4 teams in some matches, instead of just 2 that could be cool.

In fact, you could have a squad exclusive game-mode which takes 4, 4-man squads and pits them against eachother in a classic deathmatch.

you could have a squad exclusive game-mode which takes 4, 4-man squads and pits them against eachother in a classic deathmatch.

^ This would be AWESOME, 4 4-man squads in an all-out deathmatch.

^ This would be AWESOME, 4 4-man squads in an all-out deathmatch.

I only see a problem, friendcorps helping each others if they are in the same game, turing it on a 1v1 again

I only see a problem, friendcorps helping each others if they are in the same game, turing it on a 1v1 again

True, but I’m sure there’s a way to make it work and avoid that kind of situations.

True, but I’m sure there’s a way to make it work and avoid that kind of situations.

Yes, but devs, as usual, will not see it.

Surely you’re not suggesting that some people would be dishonest and try to cheat the game. Who even thinks of doing stuff like that?

What if the rewards were so immense that throwing the game would be inconceivable?

What about a single guaranteed Mk. 4 upgrade kit per player who scores a kill or [damage] assist during the match? Similar to the first loot phase for completing a PvE scenario each day.

Or what about increased synergy gain for 30 minutes after the win? Perhaps the solution is as simple as a nice fat purse. Double, maybe triple the usual rewards for winning?

What if winners received an extra loot opportunity for their next 5 battles?

Surely you’re not suggesting that some people would be dishonest and try to cheat the game. Who even thinks of doing stuff like that?

ROFLMAO, you do honor your name xD

What if the rewards were so immense that throwing the game would be inconceivable?

What about a single guaranteed Mk. 4 upgrade kit per player who scores a kill or [damage] assist during the match? Similar to the first loot phase for completing a PvE scenario each day.

Or what about increased synergy gain for 30 minutes after the win? Perhaps the solution is as simple as a nice fat purse. Double, maybe triple the usual rewards for winning?

Well, one of the weakest spots of every human is their pockets, so I guess is a convenient solution.

This sounds like my kind of game. Give me the infected. Good luck. 1 vs all.

Release your inner masochist. A frigate running at 700 *Drools*.

I’ll be using my interceptor, however.

Devs making grinding easy and rewarding teamwork, yes, it will totally happen.

ROFLMAO, you do honor your name xD

Well, one of the weakest spots of every human is their pockets, so I guess is a convenient solution.

Hey, maybe IRONIZE comes from iron and not from irony

Hey, maybe IRONIZE comes from iron and not from irony

DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Wittiest comment all week!!!

Here is your prize:

walter-sobchak.jpg

[…]

Speed will have that hard limit of 700. 

I did some maths, and I  found that a frigate of 500,000 survivability will die in about 33 seconds assuming everyone is doing a minium amount of 1000 DMG. (in including resistances or modules or phase shield) 

That is assuming that people will be able to sustain fire on a target that moves at 700 m/s. Guards would have larger profiles and be easier to hit, for sure. Best bet is probably a Command Fighter, or a Gunship w/ Particle Purge installed, so long as the range gets a buff. I would be funny to see everyone scatter knowing that the person infected with the Techno Virus was about to swoop in and basically one-shot them all.

I would be funny to see everyone scatter knowing that the person infected with the Techno Virus was about to swoop in and basically one-shot them all.

I don’t think anyone can outrun an infected gunship >< Furthermore, combat reboot cancels out all negative effects (shield drain, spy drones) except for ECM stuns—

*the horror of 15 ECM stunlocking a single target*

Anyway, how will percentage-based modules be buffed? We can’t have their effects multiplied by 5 times.