The Premium license issue when using a Free Premium license option - How to fix it!

Suggestion:

My example:

I bought a 6-month license for 15500 GS. However, every 5th day during login, I took the advantage of a 1-day free Premium license since it was “Free” - 100% discounted.

We know that after the Premium license expires, you’re always offered a 20% discount. A 1-day license cost 300 GS, with 20% discount, 240 GS.

The problem appeared when my 6-month Premium license expired and I was expecting a 20% discount on a 6-month Premium license that’s worth 15500 to be 12400 GS to extend it.

Well, since I accepted a 1-day “Free” Premium license, during my 6-month Premium license time, I only got a 1-day discount - the 240 GS option instead of the 6-month discount.

I was under the impression that a free Premium license won’t affect your originally bought Premium license. However, I had only my suspicions and no way of knowing it for sure. Now I do.

It always used to be like this: You bought the selected Premium license when it expired, you could extend it with another same Premium license that you originally bought for a 20% discount price.

Now the extension of your originally bought Premium license disregards your previously obtained Premium license in the game.

How to remove or fix this?

Make it so that if you accept your 1-day Premium license that’s offered for free (100% discount), that this will not affect your originally bought Premium license, like the 6-month license, etc.

This means that your previously purchased Premium license won’t get reset or disrupted with the one you just used for “Free” - the 1-day Premium license.

If this is indeed a bug, you should fix it. If so, please, move this thread to the Bug Reporting section.

Three ways:

The first way: You need to inform a player with the warning message that your bought Premium license will be overridden when you need to extend the Premium license. This is a must!

The second way: Premium license activation will be automatically added once you log in to the game, but only if you already have an existing Premium license, not otherwise.

The third way: Same as now, but the “Free” option will not disrupt a 20% discount on your previously bought Premium license. It would definitely be prudent to do so.

Regards,

[Koromac]

why would you even accept a 1 day license if you have 6 months ??? i bought a 3 month license and never even thought about taking the 1 day free one ? … as it would do NOTHING anyway… hopefully they wont remove the free one  to fix a one in a million glitch

9 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

why would you even accept a 1 day license if you have 6 months ??? i bought a 3 month license and never even thought about taking the 1 day free one ? … as it would do NOTHING anyway… hopefully they wont remove the free one  to fix a one in a million glitch

Actually accepting the 1 day license extends your license by 1 day. If you have 6 month licence, that procedure can extend your license period by 20%, or - in this case - over a month.

They introduced the 1 day premium license precisely for this purpose - to have you pay the full price for any longer lasting premium.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:59 PM, Original_Taz said:

why would you even accept a 1 day license if you have 6 months ??? i bought a 3 month license and never even thought about taking the 1 day free one ?

Why not? It’s free, but with a hidden catch. No more fish hooks for me! I am not a fish!

On 12/5/2017 at 9:00 AM, niripas said:

Actually accepting the 1 day license extends your license by 1 day. If you have 6 month licence, that procedure can extend your license period by 20%, or - in this case - over a month.

Exactly? Why the hell not? Still, this “Free” license issue should get fixed or adjusted accordingly!

4 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

They introduced the 1 day premium license precisely for this purpose - to have you pay the full price for any longer lasting premium.

Probably. Okay, they should just confess here, all of it, and their sins will be forgiven… for a price!   ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

On 12/5/2017 at 1:00 AM, niripas said:

I’m a new player, but I don’t think that’s how it works. About a week ago I purchased a one day premium license and played for a while then quit. The second time I logged in later that day it said I was eligible for a free one day premium license so I took it. Expecting the free day to be added to the time I already paid for I was surprised to see the timer reset to one day, it completely wiped out the day I already paid for.

When you buy premium you buy it like for 24 hours of actual time, not game time.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, ORCA1911 said:

When you buy premium you buy it like for 24 hours of actual time, not game time.

Yes I know. I had 18 hours of time I paid for remaining, then I clicked on the free day it offered and the timer went to 24 hours. If the free time had been added to the time I purchased I would have had a total of 1 day 18 hours.

12 minutes ago, Murderphallus said:

Yes I know. I had 18 hours of time I paid for remaining, then I clicked on the free day it offered and the timer went to 24 hours. If the free time had been added to the time I purchased I would have had a total of 1 day 18 hours.

You encountered a bug then. I just checked that 1 day free prem adds to my total prem time left by exactly 1 day.

23 hours ago, niripas said:

You encountered a bug then. I just checked that 1 day free prem adds to my total prem time left by exactly 1 day.

Well I guess I’ll need to try it again and if I lose hours I’ll contact support.

I would like it to see that returning customers (long time clients) were given more friendly conditions, like Koro said: another round of discount like the former period or better_ like ponints with air lines. I mean why not. As a long time supporter I would like not to calculate if I am wasting on a long time license because I might be off game due to job or circumstances. Man - I’d say make it friendlier and customer oriented, espec. for the supporters. Give and you’ll get back !! If I feel SC getting stingier I might get stingier myself (actually I did not bought a new license, because I do not know where the games is heading because of short time shedules and dev blogs that are not giving out ideas and inspirations, only short and cryptic lore so far…)