The LRF purpose should be changed.

Well, only been playing this game for a few weeks but i can see an annoying trend going on; many players focus on kills and not the objectives in PVP. Some of the worst offenders are the LRFs; they have the firepower to quickly dispatch ships but they are so slow that they are unsuited for most gametypes. However, even if they are unsuited for the job, they are really good at racking up kills, thus score well even in a loss. So even if they are the cause of the loss, they are often on top score wise so they still make more credits and synergy that most of the players who have tried to win the game. That was quite obvious in my last match were the 3 top scorer were the LRFs players, but they never tried to capture any beacons and have left those who were attempting to win the game mostly unsupported.

In my mind, the LRFs should be changed to be a glass-cannon frigates; it should keep range bonuses but no longer have sniper capabilities. Those ships should be spear heading attacks (having better speed than they have currently) and be better at using their guns and missiles (maybe increase their gun heat dispersion or increase the range and casette capacity for their missiles). That would fit a lot better in the current fast paced gameplay than having a unit that just park outside the battlefield and snipe (to the annoyance of everyone else). 

Like you said… you are new to game and have no idea how OP weapons on LRFs are

but there is one problem >> bad players which only use “F” module and do nothing

anyway I would love to get boost for main weapons on LRF

but there is one problem >> bad players which only use “F” module and do nothing

Even bigger boost? I’ve been screwing around in LRF in T4 lately, and I swear, people are purposely running into my positrons or something. I get one hits on people who bring T2s, and two hits on badly built tacklers. It’s great.

that isn’t a boost to you. it’s a disadvantage to others

Thats right, LRF are great killing ships, and thats its job. If you make it kill and also capture, whats the point of cov op? or maybe gunship xD. LRF is for killing, period. Other ships are in charge of capturing beacons, carry the bomb, etc (such as recon)…they dont kill many ships, so both types of ships need the work of each other: if theres too many enemy ships, recon cant capture; if theres too many LRF (therefore little enemy ships alive), no one captures because they are too slow.

This is a team based game, if some members dont do what they have to, the team will loss, dont blame LRF. I`ve seen many times that in conquest, the winner team has less captures but much more kills. That happens because the enemy team kills ally ships near to the beacon (so your team dont capture) wich allows them to capture, then they hold it or retake it fast if lost. So dont argue that the only way to win is having fast ships to capture (as i can interpretate your position: without fire support).

On the other hand, LRF are very vulnerable in some situations and they are GLASS-CANNON frigates (low survability and high damage). To use well a LRF and be a real assistance to your team you need practice and skill, like any other ship. Bad players are everywhere, dont confuse lack of skill (and/or equipment) with a useless ship role.

LRF is a fine ship. I am talking about Jericho torpedo frigates.

Explosion radius for the ships, when they are destroyed, should be 2x as high and damaging as it is now.

I mean, the ships are loaded with explosive ammunition. So far, interceptors can surprise any of them and kill them without any or much trouble, even if the ship self-torps itself with the enemy in range.

However, if the explosion of the ship would also increase radius and damage, interceptor pilots would really need to consider more smarter tactics, since the risk would be greater and thus getting out alive from direct head on confrontation.

So Koro you didnt try new coils… with speed energy and crits

So Koro you didnt try new coils… with speed energy and crits

I will test it. Also, if you wish, you can send me the test build for that Mauler build via PM in game.

Still, if nothing else, if LRF Jericho torpedo ship gets destroyed, it should at least leave radioactive cloud similar like torpedo does for a limited time.

I will test it. Also, if you wish, you can send me the test build for that Mauler build via PM in game.

Still, if nothing else, if LRF Jericho torpedo ship gets destroyed, it should at least leave radioactive cloud similar like torpedo does for a limited time.

You can try the current meta favoured one. 8200 range with lazors, 2 pulse dischargers, EB, 2 repair modules, RT and cloak

Have fun with your invulnerable turret.

I know how OP those ships can be, i fly them as well. I already have a huge number of ships from all factions currently. What i notice though is that a sniper class just don’t fit well in this game; it’s terrible at most gametypes because it’s not what is needed to win. The problem also is if we want new ships we have to grind, and to grind we may have to use ships that are underpowered or ill suited for the task, and that happen a lot with LRFs. It’s sad though that due to the nature of this game, we often mothball our best (full synergy) ships to play our new ones.

Thats right, LRF are great killing ships, and thats its job. If you make it kill and also capture, whats the point of cov op? or maybe gunship xD. LRF is for killing, period. Other ships are in charge of capturing beacons, carry the bomb, etc (such as recon)…they dont kill many ships, so both types of ships need the work of each other: if theres too many enemy ships, recon cant capture; if theres too many LRF (therefore little enemy ships alive), no one captures because they are too slow.

This is a team based game, if some members dont do what they have to, the team will loss, dont blame LRF. I`ve seen many times that in conquest, the winner team has less captures but much more kills. That happens because the enemy team kills ally ships near to the beacon (so your team dont capture) wich allows them to capture, then they hold it or retake it fast if lost. So dont argue that the only way to win is having fast ships to capture (as i can interpretate your position: without fire support).

On the other hand, LRF are very vulnerable in some situations and they are GLASS-CANNON frigates (low survability and high damage). To use well a LRF and be a real assistance to your team you need practice and skill, like any other ship. Bad players are everywhere, dont confuse lack of skill (and/or equipment) with a useless ship role.

I know really well what the LRFs are meant for (or how to fly them). The problem i see is they are often the wrong tool for the job, yet do so well score wise people playing them stick to them anyway, often resulting in a fail for their team. And with the very nature of this game, we often have to pick the wrong ship just to grind more synergy. We can’t expect players to always fly the most appropriate ship all the time so it would be better if no ship end up being useless if you have nothing else to play.

Yeah, LRF are already glass cannons, but few play them that way. Almost everyone will rather stay out of the battle and pick enemies from range while a true glass cannon would be in the fight doing as much damage as possible before they go down. I do favor the glass cannon approach though and set my ship up for in-your-face combat and forfeit sniping modules; that is better for the team in general as i do way more damage and draw some firepower away from my teammates (increasing their survival). Sniping LRFs, no matter how good they are, do nothing to soak/avoid damage for their teammates.

I know how OP those ships can be, i fly them as well. I already have a huge number of ships from all factions currently. What i notice though is that a sniper class just don’t fit well in this game; it’s terrible at most gametypes because it’s not what is needed to win. The problem also is if we want new ships we have to grind, and to grind we may have to use ships that are underpowered or ill suited for the task, and that happen a lot with LRFs. It’s sad though that due to the nature of this game, we often mothball our best (full synergy) ships to play our new ones.

after those few games I played and some synergy on LRFs imo best way to win is get kills + keep pressure on enemy team so they stay behind cover(ELRF is best for that)

after those few games I played and some synergy on LRFs imo best way to win is get kills + keep pressure on enemy team so they stay behind cover(ELRF is best for that)

But it’s also very easy to just farm kills without preventing the enemy from winning (ie shoot easy targets, not the ones that truly matters). It’s unfortunately what most LRF players do.

Not sure if anyone else will agree, but the LRFs are probably the only class in this game that can be played without ever using it’s special ability and related modules. It’s also the only one with a special ability that can be totally useless depending on map or who you are fighting.

its not the ship, its the pilots.

If I may add my 2 cents: There is more than one way to play an LRF, and no, it does not require the use of the Special module. In fact, if you are simply hitting somebody with your 6 guns, odds are that you will do more damage even if you could plant every single Disintegrator or JTorp directly on your target. I mean I was getting over 5.5K DPS on the Empire Cerberus/Sigurdur using heavy blasters (7.7K DPS on a Mauler with a similar build :010j: )… why would I stay at long range and MAYBE hit somebody and wait for a long cool-down when I could just fly to the center of the map, tank (using Galvanized Hulls, of course), and melt ships in seconds? Yes, they are SLOW, but that just means you need to have a strategy about where to go, and yes, even in ELRFs I have had more beacon caps than other players on the team. I almost hate myself for telling somebody else this, but those mine fields work VERY well when used offensively, and especially around beacons. There is your anti-Interceptor tool right there… and then you have your main guns for everything else. 

High resists + highest DPS possible + repairs = a great support gun boat.

In fact, with this build you can pretty much solo most PvE missions up to T3 (rank 4-9), and you will sure as heck do better in most cases than the LRF that just sits back and snipes the entire game.

Oh, and if an LRF starts to annoy me, I simply either play their game and trace their beam (a little trickier with a JLRF) back to them to hit them with my own LRF, or get a fast annoying Inty out to kill them while they are in their sniper/missile mode. A large group of LRFs on one team just camping? No problem, just fly over there and kill them in close-range one by one, since those types of players are usually not aware of their surrounding to actually support each other, even if the ship that just blew up is 1 meter behind them… it’s funny watching them start spinning around in random directions trying to spot you when they finally realize they lost all of their shields and half their hull. lol

Point being is that I find more use/function in a LRF that actually flies around and OCCASSIONALLY uses their special module to support in a part of the map where you can’t get to quickly… like FROM the central beacon to one of the side beacons.

****… I think I said too much. :01414:

and I still prefer to just sit in middle of nowhere and use sniper modules  :012j:

and I still prefer to just sit in middle of nowhere and use sniper modules  :012j:

Troll attempt detected ->  :alien3:

lol

lol

How is that a troll attempt? Using Empire LRF as an actual sniper is a very effective play-style. Just because YOU can’t pull it off doesn’t mean its not meant to be played that way

Its starting to get annoying reading countless posts about how LRFs should only be used as frontal assault ships. To me those posts just sound like “Hurr durr the way i fly this ship is the only way to fly DURR DURR

lol

Old one but it shows what I do(basically nothing) in most games