The LRF purpose should be changed.

How is that a troll attempt? Using Empire LRF as an actual sniper is a very effective play-style. Just because YOU can’t pull it off doesn’t mean its not meant to be played that way

Its starting to get annoying reading countless posts about how LRFs should only be used as frontal assault ships. To me those posts just sound like “Hurr durr the way i fly this ship is the only way to fly DURR DURR

:01414:

I can snipe just fine, Sir.

The difference is that if I NEED to, I build my ship offensively so that it CAN be used as a gun boat.

My comment was not that everybody NEEDS to jump into an LRF and use it as a Gunship, in fact I hope most don’t do that… I love picking people off with my own LRF or any Inty while you sit back with no support way back at your own spawn… I was merely presenting another way to play it.

I’m going to ignore the rest of your comment as it just seems like you are one of those people that loves to say the opposite for the sake of an argument.

By all means, sit back at the base and ONLY snipe the entire game while everybody else is capping beacons… that was the point of the TS… about making the LRF into something other than a sniper, which I stated already exists as-is… well, that and you can always bring another ship to cap beacons, but then again you know that, not the players that sit at the spawn all day sniping. :005j:

Old one but it shows what I do(basically nothing) in most games

Yes, yes… fun stuff lol. Also the video is blocked in the USA for some reason… I guess it’s all the “freedom” we have around here, it’s keeping blasphemy from being shown! lol

To be fair, I don’t always play an LRF, but when I do, I prefer to ‘face-gunship’… but that “F” key sure does help reach-out and let you touch somebody, like when you are an JLRF and chosen as the Captain in Combat Recon… fun stuff, indeed.

The ELRF seems too be king for sitting back and sniping in PvE also. In PvP? I guess whatever gets me the most kills. :005j:

Random non-factor note: I play literally every ship tree in the game up to T5 now-a-days, so my opinions are skewed towards playing everything just about the same lol… well, to a degree >_>…