The frigates are horrifically unbalanced

The ability to go into “sniper mode” when playing as a frigate that suddenly doubles your damage and extends the range to like 9000 meters needs to be altered because the upper level ships can nearly kill earlier units with 2 shots. This will make newer players who just start the game horribly frustrated and tired of getting killed.

I suggest increasing reload time. Keep damage and range the same , but you can only take a shot every 4-8 seconds.

Agreed.

Frigates are much to strong in sniper mode.

Perhaps 1 shot every 5 seconds and only 50% damage boost would be better.

i havent played the frigate yet (still upgrading) but that sniper mode sounds overly powerd

I have a frigate.

He is not over power. The problem is: the npc frigates have a incrible accuracy

Well after some more testing I can say that the frigate is well belanced on T2 and up but on T1 it kills other T1 a bit to fast so new players could get sad if the get sniped all the time.

now i have played it i would think lowering the range to 7000 and then the guns upgraded to 9000 would be fare. the shelds/hull are about right. need to lower the damage a little bit and have the damage go down farther away.

this is my idea but i thing it is overall fare. i plaed with my scout and was able to do circles around a frigate killing him but never able to lower the shilds. so the hull/shild needs to be lowerd.

I think frigates are alright, it’s very easy to kill them with a simple Interceptor. If it’s a bot frigate, just stand behind him and shoot, he won’t shoot back. It it is a human frigate, just approach it and keep your speed up while shooting at it, just remember to make it hard for them to hit you and it’s very easy. You people need to get skilled with your ships before saying it’s too hard to kill them. If it’s too hard them play as a frigate :wink: but that is just my opinion. Frigates are the “snipers” of the game. If you move too quickly it will make it VERY hard for them to hit you. I think we should think about new types of ships instead of complaining about the ones already implemented. Those are perfect :wink:

I think that the word “Sniper” means fast kill, but lower defence ( of course the word do not means this, but, u get it). if u get closer to them, u can kill even a superior tier frigate.

I think that is already balanced

I think that the word “Sniper” means fast kill, but lower defence ( of course the word do not means this, but, u get it). if u get closer to them, u can kill even a superior tier frigate.

This ^^

Frigates are fine in my opinion

The issue is this is where teamwork comes in, and it starts getting hard for solo players.

I find it’s fairly easy to cloak and get behind / above / below an enemy frigate in an attack ship, or in an interceptor for that matter. The problem is that 3 or 4 frigates (plus a couple of interceptors) can usually defend each other when one gets attacked.

So you need to coordinate attacking 1 frigate with 2 or 3 buddies at the same time, then get out before the rest can react. That’s fine, but right now, only if you speak Russian. Otherwise you just have to second guess what everyone on your team is doing and hope you’re in the right place at the right time.

kinda disagre a bit… without tons of firepower , gonna hard to bust out shield of a frigate that have higher tier than you… especialy frigates have quick replenish shield recovery module… even eat energy alot…

but yea… bullying a frigate isnt that hard… just you need took out your ship brake… if you know what i mean…

an attack ship with rapid fire plasma can do this

againts higher tier? im trying ambushing T4 Frigates with my T2 interceptors using T2 rapid plasma + atk mod … and not even scratch … (and more worse… HE IGNORE ME while keep shoot my teammates)… i think gonna need gang-banged with achilles system, weakness scan system and drain energy…

one single interceptor could never destroy a frigate, it doesn’t make sense

It shouldn’t be able to either.

Once you get thermal resists for armor, and impoved armor lvl 5, plus a few dodging tactics, you don’t have to worry about enemy frigates on the other side of the map anymore. I.e. don’t bother killing it if it can’t kill you

The only danger is if you let a super-tanked frigate get across to your beacons. Then you have to all gank it to prevent your beacon being lost. But I’ve only seen that done a couple of times

Having said that, I’ve still not bought a frigate yet, simply because it doesn’t look too much fun. I like zipping around at breakneck speed or suicide charging frigates from cloaked attack ships

the frigates are only minor annoyances just get in close and unload many of them load up with lasers which arent good for close in work and many of the early pilots still havent gotten used to the things yet so it is balanced

early teir plasma or rail attack ship can do it and early teir interceptor as well with rapid plasma

ive seen some of the upgrades for the higher teirs and id say yeah, your kinda screwed unless your equal level.

againts higher tier? im trying ambushing T4 Frigates with my T2 interceptors using T2 rapid plasma + atk mod … and not even scratch … (and more worse… HE IGNORE ME while keep shoot my teammates)… i think gonna need gang-banged with achilles system, weakness scan system and drain energy…

u answered yourself there … how do u want to kill a T4 frigate in a T2 interceptor alone lol

well… this happen to any type of overtier battle actually, no matter the higher tier was Frigate, Fighter or Interceptors… barely happen nowadays, due we got more player…

the point is… if same tier, not that hard to deal with frigates as long you know what you doing…

I don’t find frigates unbalanced. They’re a one trick pony (sniping) that’s easily killed by getting in range.

It might change once i get to T2+ but at T1 Frigs are fairly useless lacking the HP or raw damage to drop a Inty player that is not playing for the first time ever.

Once the frig opens fire warp to him bang you got him then to slow to avoid rockets and you can pound it form behind where it can hardly return fire and is to slow to turn to counter you and unless the T2+ frigs have much stronger tanks than intys can up there damage i can not see them been to powerfull.

The only slight problem might be a T4 frig been been strong enough to 1-2 shot a T1-2 inty before they can react but i don`t think the MM would allow them to fight each other in the first place.

I am still in T1 ships so i might be way off with every thing i have said but at t1 frigs are all most all ways free kills and do all most nothing but kill bots till a player spots them.