The case for squads in PvP.

So, due to your endless whining, we have Squads again. Are you happy now?

Translation: “thanks to people pointing out that a team-based game should require teamwork, I actually have to practice and get some skill to do well, and I’m pissed off about that.”

Thats not true. With a 4 man Squad any bunch of medium skilled Aces can rack up win after win, eh?

Anyway, i dont begrudge ur victory. Have fun with da new rules!

Thats not true. With a 4 man Squad any bunch of medium skilled Aces can rack up win after win, eh?

Anyway, i dont begrudge ur victory. Have fun with da new rules!

No, low skill squads don’t carry games unless the opposition is abysmally bad. The only squads that truly have an impact over randoms are high skill squads with strong organisation.

No, that is not true. I have two kind of experience with squads, both times me and a friend, all of us not used to flying in Squads.

One time we had no TS, and my friend was my skillevel (we both had a 0,8x winrate). When we flew together, (Tier 5 or when that was not possible T3) we won 2 out of 3 games. 

The other time my friend was much better, he had a 1.2x winrate and we used TS. We won nearly every time. Only high skilled enemy Squads from ESB or Wolfpack could challenge us, or sometimes bad luck. I think we won 9 outta 10 games. Now consider that we flew still more or less like Solo-players-which we were used to. If we had worked together properly wed have won even more.

You are right that low skill players do not profit from Squads, that is true. Medium skill players like me profit a lot. And medium skill starts with a 0,8 winrate, what is really not much. If the opposition is really abysmally bad, even one medium player can carry the day.

Medium skill players like me profit a lot. And medium skill starts with a 0,8 winrate , what is really not much.

And with this statement any kind of credibility you have has just been thrown out of the window.

The rest of your post is anecdotal evidence and can therefore be disregarded.

Well Mecronmancer, u may deny me having knowledge, but u are just like me, nothing but a medium skilled pilot. So u can just test it out for yourself. After all, who is given right on the forum does not matter. At the end, u play the game and u see for urself how much suqadplay affects ur winrate. This truth u cannot escape.

Yup, I’m the very definition of mediocre. So mediocre that I can’t even lead my wings to victory against other corporations.

WVeR7sd.png uGrqQXw.png IxTaRb0.png aesrLCl.png

KkXvqnk.png

4jyjdTs.jpg 2NGeAIM.png jUVqDFz.png MJBk5Ka.png

Idiot.

Low skill squads like you and your little buddy get squashed every game by high skill squads. You may think that your winrate is going up but that is not because you kids are carrying the team. Any half-decent solo DSR farmer can kill low skill squads and laugh about it.

Now now mecron, don’t be mean. Low- and medium-skill pilots squadding up is better than no pilots squadding up. And I hope they learn how to play as a team, and this will carry over into their solo gameplay.

Low skill squads like you and your little buddy get squashed every game by high skill squads. You may think that your winrate is going up but that is not because you kids are carrying the team. Any half-decent solo DSR farmer can kill low skill squads and laugh about it.

You are correct. And this was the very reason because we lost squads. I hope MM keep high skilled squads away from random players and even low/casual squads, Because farming those is not good for SC.

Yup, I’m the very definition of mediocre. So mediocre that I can’t even lead my wings to victory against other corporations.

WVeR7sd.png uGrqQXw.png IxTaRb0.png aesrLCl.png

KkXvqnk.png

4jyjdTs.jpg 2NGeAIM.png jUVqDFz.png MJBk5Ka.png

Idiot.

That is nice, but i have had similiar and better scores, and in T5. And as i said, i have only a 0,8x winrate. You are showing me a T3 game, which is kiddy-grade. How shall this impress anyone?

Do you have made top ten in the ladder? Have you won a tournament? I dont want to insult you, i just think you are imagining to be a top pilot, while in reality you are a medium skill pilot like me and most others. When u fly in Squad u might think your winrate comes from skill mostly, but actually much of it comes from simple fact that u fly in Squad at all.

I think it is ok to be a medium pilot and it is ok to have a 0,8 winrate. Anyway, i dont want to make u angry, so perhaps u are a top pilot, who knows. Cant remember flying against u ever, so i dont know and it might well be so.

That is nice, but i have had similiar and better scores, and in T5. And as i said, i have only a 0,8x winrate. You are showing me a T3 game, which is kiddy-grade. How shall this impress anyone?

Do you have made top ten in the ladder? Have you won a tournament? I dont want to insult you, i just think you are imagining to be a top pilot, while in reality you are a medium skill pilot like me and most others. When u fly in Squad u might think your winrate comes from skill mostly, but actually much of it comes from simple fact that u fly in Squad at all.

I think it is ok to be a medium pilot and it is ok to have a 0,8 winrate.

I had a 0.85 win rate for a VERY long time. I put it down to poor FPS (I was playing on a xxxx laptop) and bad ping (wifi), but truth be told I was just a xxxx pilot. I’m currently sitting on exactly 1.0 w/l, and I finally consider myself a “medium player”. 0.85 was really bad, since it meant I lost more than I won, and this frustrated me. You should also aim for 1.0, honestly it feels really good!

I managed to earn and maintain a 1.2 winrate playing on a PC that couldn’t maintain 24fps. That’s the difference teamwork and hard work makes.

I managed to earn and maintain a 1.2 winrate playing on a PC that couldn’t maintain 24fps. That’s the difference teamwork and hard work makes.

Yeah I also blame the old sec con ^^ I was just farmed be ESB for a year in that gamemode, and all for the sake of getting my corp one or two influence points here and there by beacon capping

But honestly man, 24 was a dream for me! Average 15, max 20 on a good day, sinking to about 8 on the di1d0 map

di1d0 map

the dreaded low fps tube map. For whatever reason I was frequently chosen captain on that map

Congratulations Millanbell for the 1.0 winrate! That is quite good. I tried it but never got over 0,92 and then gave up…

Now now mecron, don’t be mean. Low- and medium-skill pilots squadding up is better than no pilots squadding up. And I hope they learn how to play as a team, and this will carry over into their solo gameplay.

Yeah, I should encourage him in particular to squad up more in T5, so I can farm him repeatedly. Free kills!

You are correct. And this was the very reason because we lost squads. I hope MM keep high skilled squads away from random players and even low/casual squads, Because farming those is not good for SC.

That’s why a majority of us have been pushing for squads in T4+ only. IMHO T3 should be restricted to 2-man squads for newbies and low-skill players like theNooblet over there to learn the basics of teamplay.

We should make a suggestion about restricting 3/4mans to higher tier gameplay.

I think it is ok to be a medium pilot and it is ok to have a 0,8 winrate. Anyway, i dont want to make u angry, so perhaps u are a top pilot, who knows. Cant remember flying against u ever, so i dont know and it might well be so.

>thinks that Nodachi and Sawtooth are T3 ships

Kid, your ignorance is astounding even me with each of your posts.

As for your other points:

6I4qaLz.jpg

UesQ8Hy.jpg jyqJZd5.jpg

Want some more screenshots?

And I obviously don’t even know who you are, since your name and skill level is so insignificant.

I’m done talking to trash like you.

Agree. Ligatura plays on a tablet and gets 15fps on average. Zombie plays with 30-40 on a good day. And those two are some of the best of NASA currently.

Agree. Ligatura plays on a tablet and gets 15fps on average. Zombie plays with 30-40 on a good day. And those two are some of the best of NASA currently.

I usually average 21-23 fps on almost bare minimum settings…add in 180-200 ping in almost every game…talk about a twitch shooter!