Thar'kth Cannon

Was wondering if anyone has builds/strategies to counter the THAR’KTH CANNON in the lower tiers (Rank 4-10) in pvp.

Or thoughts on this weapon and the overall effect on gameplay

It seems to take out interceptors if critical hit in one shot,

Fighters in 2-3 shots (sometimes 1 give or take critical hits/damage)

Frigates 4-5 shots.

---------------------------------------------------

Basically can take you out in a matter of seconds if within range of their weapon

Cheers!

LongBee

Moving as fast as you can, but still some shrapnels can hit you anyway. Swarm of ECMs can be effective too.

In CovOps, blind that xxxx when you detect him being out of combat reboot. Otherwise just shoot at distance.

Static barriers, emergency barriers, kinetic resistance, etc. anything that can absorb even a little of the shot will take a huge cut out of the damage.

Just keep moving and stay close to rocks when you see one coming your way. Put lots on strafe.

I have the hardest time killing anything that has lots of volume. Resistance is is indeed generally the way to go, but for whatever reason, volume is what puts this gun under for me. It also can’t usually one-shot anything jeicho if they have half to full shields. ECM ships are my worst nightmare.

What.

I’m gonna say exactly the opposite :

Forget Emergency barrier, useless. 

ECM, tacklers, any debuff in general : useless. It’s a gunship. Reboot. 

And if reboot isn’t available, teleportation sphere.  

For inties you’ll need a lot of mobility to circle them. 

For frigates, go positron and a long range build, and kill it before he tries to kill you. 

They’re not to hard to kill when you try properly. But you need skill. 

Problem is that the players doing rampage in t5 have a family good skill so they can use thar ga to its full potential. 

So you need at least as much skill to kill them. 

12 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

What.

For frigates, go positron and a long range build, and kill it before he tries to kill you. 

Problem is that the players doing rampage in t5 have a family good skill so they can use thar ga to its full potential. 

The reason I say EB and statics is because it gives you well over a second or two to make your escape and react. The only people I’ve ever had legitimately escape me are those who used EB.

I’m also speaking specifically for the lower ranks. It’s pointless to fight a Thar’Ga in T5. Especially if piloted by a NASA killsquad.

And positron frigs are easy kills. Just charge and warp in for the kill. They are so huge that you can just charge it down to a quarter and it will still hit them. Same for destroyers, but even with the double damage, destroyers are still kinda tough to kill if all of your modules are still on CD.

Try use fed destroyer with barrier and keep moving, thar’ga have hard time hitting you and rather go for easier target, 

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Will experiment with them all.

It just need nerf, that dmg is a joke. Ion emitter have 2x less dmg!!! Adding op things isn’t making that game better, it making it s**t. Pls make something with it  ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Its like scattergun on covops when it came out, without autoaim ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

And I wasn’t around to mess around with that, sigh, so many important things that I missed in life, and they keep stacking.

9 hours ago, AKmatiAK said:

It just need nerf, that dmg is a joke. Ion emitter have 2x less dmg!!! Adding op things isn’t making that game better, it making it s**t. Pls make something with it  ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

On spec sheet it has pretty high base damage, but I can’t judge the weapon until I have reached enough xeno’s to manufacture one (ETA 1 month to go :D)

On 1/29/2017 at 2:31 AM, Swifter43021 said:

What.

Agreed,

Except in most pvp battles nowadays, expect 12v12.

So the Thar’gas with Thark’th cannon will have their whole team backing them up.  

Usually resulting in a Thark’th shot out of nowhere whilst in the heat of a 5v5 clash at a beacon.

10 hours ago, AKmatiAK said:

Yes. 

And also 20deg spread. 

6 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Yes. 

And also 20deg spread. 

And also the spread can be reduced significantly via Iridium Slugs, Thar’ga passive bonus: _Reduce Spread 40%, Increase Projectile Speed 50%, _implants and spread reduction CPU module.

Making it more deadly ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Regular gunships can also use Thar’kth Cannon, bringing even more possibilities (Don’t know if Devs intended this to happen, since Thar’gatok launcher is Thar’ga exclusive)

1 hour ago, LongBee said:

And also the spread can be reduced significantly via Iridium Slugs, Thar’ga passive bonus: _Reduce Spread 40%, Increase Projectile Speed 50%, _implants and spread reduction CPU module.

Making it more deadly ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Regular gunships can also use Thar’kth Cannon, bringing even more possibilities (Don’t know if Devs intended this to happen, since Thar’gatok launcher is Thar’ga exclusive)

I know. But that’s still 7.5 deg spread even with so much spread reduction. 

And 7.5 is A LOT. 

46 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

I know. But that’s still 7.5 deg spread even with so much spread reduction. 

And 7.5 is A LOT. 

And you can decrease it with charging the weapon, how low is it then? 0.5 or 0.1? With an ridiculous high projectile speed.

1 hour ago, John161 said:

And you can decrease it with charging the weapon, how low is it then? 0.5 or 0.1? With an ridiculous high projectile speed.

And it takes one second to charge. 

Which indirectly halve the DPS. 

On 30.01.2017 at 2:06 PM, Swifter43021 said:

And it takes one second to charge. 

Which indirectly halve the DPS. 

just like gauss railgun right? funny

giving this weapon curved reflector level damage at a long range, and making it kinetic was a big mistake for  game balance. Combining it with a ship that can boost its own damage and warp away from danger makes it even worse.

On 17/02/2017 at 4:05 AM, WiseAlert said:

just like gauss railgun right? funny

Gauss dps doesn’t decrease with charge. More charge, more damage/crit chance or even a double shot. 

Thar Kth doesn’t charge like gauss or Positron do. It just gets more range and less spread. 

Anyway, the main problem is that Thar Kth is both horrible to use and extremely powerful. 

Thar Kth totally lost its identity after the continuous nerfs. 

I have some ideas to restore Thar Kth identity and balancing it. 

I’ll post them in another thread.