Thar Ga by Swifter

Hello guys !

I wanted to do a topic about my vision of Thar Ga and let you see some nice values. No videos sadly, my computer isn’t powerful enough.

First I’ll start with a quote of OmegaFighter :

“With thar ga, you can be tanky, mobile, or powerful. But you can’t be all of them at the same time”.

And I’ll have to be honest, he is totally… Wrong  !

You can be all of them combined, and do it better then most ships !

So, let’s start with my slots :

Spoiler

gVK986l.jpg

Yes, I DO use only 3 active slots. It may looks surprising at first.

But Thar ga is a gunship, crit buff and reboot are enough. A 4th active is definitely not worth 125 points on a gunship which needs mobility and damage when these points represent 2 passive slots.

And in the end, having only 3 active allows me to get 14 passive slots.

Yes, you heard me right. 14 passive slots.

3 motors, 2 capacitors, 3 shield, 3 hull, 3 CPU.

In the end, my stats are something like this :

Spoiler

It8IhRK.jpg

ZmXwN4F.jpg

Yep, I DO use teleportation Sphere AND “cruise engine” AND strafe motor. Done on purpose.

Same goes for galvanized.

Too lazy to do a wall of text to explain everything. But there’s a reason to everything I use.

Will you find them ? (For the ammo, I swap between the crit and spread reduction ammo depending on my feelings)

Spoiler

eqoQOKf.jpg

What do you think of it ? What would you change ? ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

oh that why i saw saw you going that fast killing everything ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) but the energy regen isn’t a bit slow ?

Enough to get permanent afterburner. And gunships modules cost nothing (especially alien modules)

Never ever got energy problem.

And if I had some energy problem, I can swap a Capacitor damage for Rate of Fire.

is that a bongobasher that has been a famous winner of “the worst player in star conflict” just a while ago?

Nice build and great score! Now we just need alien engineer to heal us 100%!

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

is that a bongobasher that has been a famous winner of “the worst player in star conflict” just a while ago?

I thought the worst player in SC was Carieus or KALEU.

Although there are lots more competitors for that title now…

2 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

Nice build and great score! Now we just need alien engineer to heal us 100%!

I’m always full health. 

Shield regen in no more then 5 seconds. 

As for hull, matter absorber is a repair kit with 0 cooldown… 

Kill stuff. And you’re full health. 

Matter absorber works in pve BTW 

its seems you’got a build for close combat , 2 sec to lock a target is not to slow…?

You don’t need to full aim anyway.
Those ~5% more damage doesn’t interest, as you have over 100k damage within 15s.
Against frigs and destroyer it’s easy to use. Against inty/fighter they don’t last long enough to survive 3+ hits.

39 minutes ago, zzzfrogzzz said:

its seems you’got a build for close combat , 2 sec to lock a target is not to slow…?

Lock, for what ?

Missiles ? I usually use the gunship 5 rockets. Just forgot to swap.

Not a single module I use need lock. No need to lock to have the leading indicator. And I use alien intuition anyway, which totally removes the ability to lock. 

Why would I care about it ? ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

ah ok ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

i don’t craft this ship , all mechanic buff/debuff from modules Tha’gar are new for me .

for the main new weapon , the growing charge take time to get max range …?

28 minutes ago, zzzfrogzzz said:

ah ok ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

i don’t craft this ship , all mechanic buff/debuff from modules Tha’gar are new for me .

for the main new weapon , the growing charge take time to get max range …?

Don’t know the exact value. Between 1 and 1.5 second.

But there’s something a bit weird about this gun : the spread reduction and range increase over time are separated.

The speed of the range increase depends on your rate of fire

And the speed of the spread reduction is a constant (so less spread means less time to reach minimum value) that doesn’t increase with rate of fire.

In the end with the kinetic weapons passive + spread reduction ammo, it takes 0.2/0.3 second to reach minimum spread (0.8 deg). Which is awesome against interceptors.

Is the Thar Ga worth it to be build (be me) - if I am a frigate type?

Will I not get anything, if I build a later Ellydium ship?

44 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Is the Thar Ga worth it to be build (be me) - if I am a frigate type?

Will I not get anything, if I build a later Ellydium ship?

You better wait for the engi frigate then

The ship even unfinished is bananas but for those who like action and smart-play on dem passive abilities.

I’m still thinking about evolving the recon,LRF or destroyer,I’d like to do some evolving for Thar’Ga too but the best way is to evolve the most expensive nodes(that also interest you or are in your way of getting to what you really want)yet getting 40 more composite alloys wont be possible by the end of this without paying so maybe another day,I don’t mind it at all.

Without farmable stuff in os for this event, there won’t be much content for us poor people ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

@Swifter43021

I saw in your screenshots that your build for the thar’ga had special module #2 (“Matter Absorber”) locked.  According to my game, it shows up as costing 0 points, so I was wondering why you chose not to acquire it. I’ll be acquiring a thar’ga of my own in about 2 weeks, so I wanted to make sure I knew what I’m getting myself in to.

Thanks.

Also, I looked in the rules for the forums and didn’t notice a restriction on necro-ing posts, but if this is in violation of the rules please remove it.

It may cost 0 points. But it replace your old special (rate of fire buff) by the this one. 

Depending on the gun you may not want this.

But TBH, this was an old build. At that time I did not have “Combat reconstructor” unlocked yet.

For the moment I switch between these (Singularity/Thar Kth build).

Spoiler

owXoolq.jpg

T5Y9GRV.jpg

rMHZbd0.jpg

The best with this build is that, with afterburners, you get something like 400 strafe AND have an insane strafe acceleration which makes this build so fun.

But you still have a fairly good rotation speed (130 deg, more then most inties).

And 514 m/s. Which is super fast.

What’s even better is that with this much strafe, strafe itself is enough to get “Adaptive” stuff always working. Even when moving at virtually 0m/s

Hmm…

What then, would be a good build for me.  My plan was to use the build in the OP because I like speedy ships that are fairly tanky, but as mostly a PvE and Co-op v AI player (as well as Open Space) guy, what would be best for me?