Thar Ga by Swifter

The strafe build is by far better in pve.

Cruise engine (sphere of swiftness) works well only in PvP. 

This build on the other hand do wonder on both fields.

I did something like 10 FS and 15 Special Ops using this build. 

You can dodge everything.

But don’t misunderstand. This build is as tanky as the build in the OP. 

The difference between them is that I’m using Adaptive hull instead of Galvanized armor. 

Which means that the values displayed in the hangar are weaker then in reality. 

Proof :

Spoiler

qFagLQ1.jpg

Great build, makes me want to change mine a bit. (I bet alot of people want to see max’s build and milfs really glad you shared yours)

You missed the 10% damage increase, with it your cannon should be around 6K.  Don’t know if you did it on purpose but I find the cannon all about alpha damage.  One shot intiy’s  and some fighters.  More alpha damage the better.

3spa42.jpg

Also that energy regen pretty low.  

Lastly, I know this sounds a bit crazy (also personal pref) but take off the shield mod remove em and give it to the +1 cap.  That way you can squeeze out more dps or cap.  The em resist why would you care to much about it as you have great hull resist and your biggest threat is of course Kinetic from other tharga’s as one shots hurt.

5 minutes ago, AdamWest said:

Great build, makes me want to change mine a bit. (I bet alot of people want to see max’s build and milfs really glad you shared yours)

You missed the 10% damage increase, with it your cannon should be around 6K.  Don’t know if you did it on purpose but I find the cannon all about alpha damage.  One shot intiy’s  and some fighters.  More alpha damage the better.

3spa42.jpg

Also that energy regen pretty low.  

Lastly, I know this sounds a bit crazy (also personal pref) but take off the shield mod remove em and give it to the +1 cap.  That way you can squeeze out more dps or cap.  The em resist why would you care to much about it as you have great hull resist and your biggest threat is of course Kinetic from other tharga’s as one shots hurt.

Hum

I shared new screenshots yesterday doing everything you said ! 

36 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

I shared new screenshots yesterday doing everything you said ! 

I guess, I missed them sorry.  I see the change in your pve layout but see many of the modules moved around. Either way great minds right.

Swifter can you please give us an estimate how many Xenocrystalls you used for your build(s)?

can someone please make a guide on how to kill these abominations of hell?

Railgun does work pretty well against them somehow

1 minute ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Railgun does work pretty well against them somehow

we need a one-punch weapon xD

Ok, I’ll see myself out now.

1 minute ago, X_Xharis said:

we need a one-punch weapon xD

Ok, I’ll see myself out now.

^^ basically a high fire rate weapon is the best 

Killing them is easy. 

ECM doomsday, or Tackler slowing beam, or Positron LRF.

sorry man, I’m not seeing it, how they’re easy to kill.

This ship is just superior to everything else, you yourself proved that with your build. 14 passive slots… when everything else has 9. Your mentioned tactics might work, have tried those, but most of the time are fruitless.

LRF: if you can land a hit

Tackler: if he doesn’t instantly own you, you’ll make him play more defensive, but not kill him

ECM Doomsday: Is there something that ECM isn’t effective against xD? If he has an arse full of proton walls, good luck on this tactic as well.

But then again, these are problems that a scrub like me has with every pro player. What makes the tharga just so insanely op are the stats and modules which can’t be compensated through skills.

I’ve seen it often enough, a couple of people are trying to kill a tharga and he just keeps killing an healing. Bad combination to give a ship modules that heal it with every kill.

That’s just a bunch of bad excuses. 

LRF : If you can’t land a hit with a snipe gun which have one of the highest projectile speed in the game, then go practice. It’s you the problem. 

Tackler : You are invisible, he can’t kill you before you engage. 99% of the Thar Ga use either Thar Kth, Thar Ga Tok, or Singularity. 

All of them are short ranged. 

So a tackler with slowing beam above 4k range, and he can’t do anything to you. Even better with tackler range passive. 

He may escape. But if he does, he’ll have to hide for the whole game and won’t be effective.  

ECM : energy steal + stasis when he is in the middle of your team. And he’s instant dead. Even with proton wall. 

I think after last patch game is good balanced and don’t need changes.

I’ll probably end up going with the Hive centric build Swifter posted.  Thanks.

I killed Tharg’as with eclipse launcher on rank 8 engineer frigate from 5.5km in protecting our destroyer in the open (suppressing) in PvP. It was effective shootout ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

But these were t3 Thargas - even my 3 Phoenix drones popped one, when he came to attack me at my hideout position.!

Give me a drone-carrier Ellydium frigate [4 gun turrets] or destroyer[8 gun turrets] (drone centered, not main gun centered, support role centered, em-drones, spy-drones, hacking-drones…), yaaas!!

And please credit supports more!

On 2/15/2017 at 5:16 AM, Swifter43021 said:

ECM : energy steal + stasis when he is in the middle of your team. And he’s instant dead. Even with proton wall. 

notReally.jpg  ptsb2k.gif?w=559&h=448