Testing balance changes (Discussions)

Pilots! The UMC launches a special test version of the game with balance tweaks proposed by the players. This version of the game will be available to everyone on a separate test server.

This thread is meant for the discussion of the suggested changes according to the following format:

Suggested change:

• Pros: + (briefly, what exactly you liked)
  • Cons: - (briefly, what exactly you didn’t like)
  • A brief summary (to the point, no emotions):
  • Hive change

Repairing more Hull than a Thar’Ga has every 30sec is just insane, no other special module comes close to that.

-Remote Ammo Detonation

Still allows ECM to Safely deals damage without any counter and Lock Missile slot from being used.

-Pulsar

Stupid and Bad Change. Target outside of the Damage Range aren’t Displayed by the Module and differentiate Good Players from Bad Pulsar’s Users. Punishing Skill isn’t balancing.

Change made without Taking into consideration the Module’s Range Buff on limited Guards making the Pulsar’s Range 1800m but Resistance Increase Buff Still 1200m.

With the current range of the resistance-increasing aura, guard ships gain resistance with ease. In addition, with the current increase in resistance of 40 units for each enemy, guard ships become hard to kill for interceptors.

Regarding the “explanation” : You are justifying the change by completely ignoring your own design about Guards. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HARD TO KILL, ESPECIALLY FOR INTERCEPTORS.

-Thanatos Railgun :

Wrong Change.

The Projectile Speed wasn’t the cause of Effectiveness problem on this weapon. It’s the Barrel Rotation Fire mode combined with High Rate of Fire and Low Damage per Hit.

-Mass Driver

Range Modification NOT APPLIED on Public Test Server. Which is a Shame since it the most interesting part about the change on this weapon.

Overheating Change applied on Public Test Server.

Weapon still pointless to use since Frigates have access to more versatile and effective Weapons.

-Crystallid Swarm - Turret Mode

The Turret should only be able to fire on Target Locked by Destroyer / Locked On Destroyer.

-Object NY18 :

After the nerf of power system destabilizer, there are fewer reasons to use this guard frigate. The change is designed to increase survivability due to the implementation of maneuvers available to the ship, but requiring large amounts of energy.

Object NY18 is the actual Best Support Guard in the game.

The problem isn’t coming from the nerf of one of the most broken module ever introduced in the game. The problem is coming from the fact that all the change made around guards and support ships in general aren’t favoring Team-play or Supportive Game-play.

Low Hull Volume and lack of Displayed bonuses also impact the popularity of the ship.

-Dome MDS:

Still pointless to use compared to Missile Shield / Active Missile Shield.

Real Cooldwon went from 20.8 seconds to 16 Seconds due to Object NY18 Bonus.

Apathetic Gameplay’s dynamics. Reflected Missiles still won’t hit most of the targets

-Defence Program Wave :

Halving speed of the Wave is even more reducing the damage dealing Capacities of the Module.

YOU FORGOT TO CONSIDER THE DAMAGE DECREASING EFFECT ALREADY PRESENT ON THE MODULE.

At Max Range the Module deal Less Damage than before while the Size of the Wave is bigger.

750 m/s is ridiculous. You could have increased the damage done simply by reducing the damage decreasing factor.

That 10 percent speed boost will not make federation destroyers avaible for pvp again…İ am really fed up with destroyers after i build sirius… No damage no  survieablty, no speed  wtf…

Whole game is a interseptor/fighter fest for pvp period. This game can go to hell  as far as i care i spend 125 tl for nothing…

5 hours ago, berkayxj8 said:

That 10 percent speed boost will not make federation destroyers avaible for pvp again…İ am really fed up with destroyers after i build sirius… No damage no  survieablty, no speed  wtf…

Whole game is a interseptor/fighter fest for pvp period. This game can go to hell  as far as i care i spend 125 tl for nothing…

We have to play different games then - Sirius is still viable in PvP. Also 

• speed change for dessie
  • Wave needs rework. Slowing it down while increasing interaction time with the target - I see where this change comes from, but it’s just useless now - it was hard to hit anything, with reduced speed - target needs to stay stationary, making it a much less viable option than the default special module

• Pulsar - just leave it as it was before. Interceptor is not supposed to take down guard with ease in 1v1, and it still allows gunships to take down the guard from the mid-range